UC Post bac's cycle 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mean to everyone or just the people who interviewed?

To anyone who applied and didnt grt an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Sigh. Did they send it to those who they interviewed first? I haven't received anything. So I'm wondering if they are just going to send it as a whole to all of those who didn't get interviewed.

Rejection emails to those who didnt get interviews

For those that received a UCD interview, do you mind sharing your metrics?

Overall GPA: 3.24
Science GPA: 2.91
MCAT score: N/A (didn't take it)
Research experience?: Neuroscience research (memory)
Clinical volunteer experience?: R.I.V.E.R Clinic, and Imani Clinic
Leadership roles?: At my job, in my clinic, and In my household

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you and everyone else who got a Skype interview invite with UCD! :D I responded to my UCD email invite this morning and hope to get confirmation from them soon. I was rejected from UCI....I hope to do better with UCD next week :/

did you interview with UCI? if so how was it?

For those of you who interviewed with anyone, do you mind sharing how the interview process went? List questions, stress, method (in-person or skype).

Reactions: 1 user

Overall GPA:
Science GPA:
MCAT score:
Research experience?:
Clinical volunteer experience?:
Leadership roles?:

Overall GPA: ~3
Science GPA: ~ 3.4
MCAT score: N/A
Research experience?: Clinical research
Clinical volunteer experience?: yes, with underserved community
Leadership roles? No

Overall GPA:
Science GPA:
MCAT score:
Research experience?:
Clinical volunteer experience?:
Leadership roles?:

I was a bit hesitant to share, but maybe this will provide hope to others

Overall GPA: 2.8
Science GPA: 2.65
MCAT score: N/A
Research experience?: Alzheimer's research
Clinical volunteer experience?: Many hours in hospital internship, abroad & non-medical with undeserved communities
Leadership roles?: held chairs in student orgs

Reactions: 1 users
I wondered about that, I don't know much about it. Have you been rejected already?

No lol. Just preparing for the worst since I haven't gotten any interviews or rejections.

Overall GPA:3.3
Science GPA:3.1
MCAT score:n/a
Research experience?:yes microbial evolution, HIV and TB
Clinical volunteer experience?:yes...student orgs
Leadership roles?:
yes, undeserved community event planning

For the interview part one with UC Davis, in the email I was told the Skype interview is considered a "screening". What should I expect for that 20-minute interview? I browsed the forums and unfortunately could not find any insight regarding the interview part one with them....if anyone could help, I would truly appreciate it!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back from any of the UC's yet (no rejections nor interview invites), but luckily got accepted to Keck last week :horns:

I know. I'm so anxious. I've emailed all of the programs asking about their timeline. No response.

I emailed as well, and got a response from UCI. I was sadly rejected...
Waiting to hear from the other programs.

Haven't heard back from any of the UC's yet (no rejections nor interview invites), but luckily got accepted to Keck last week :horns:

Congrats!!!!! Keck is an awesome school!! ;)

I was just curious why did you apply to a post bacc if your stats were good enough for medical school?

I emailed as well, and got a response from UCI. I was sadly rejected...
Waiting to hear from the other programs.

I just dont understand why the schools admit just a handful of people. I think 15-20 would be more reasonable :(

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh, thanks. It's already late April. Chances are getting slimmer

Don't get discouraged, UCR takes forever and UCSF is just getting started

Congrats!!!!! Keck is an awesome school!! ;)

I was just curious why did you apply to a post bacc if your stats were good enough for medical school?
Sorry let me reiterate- Keck post bacc haha. Trust- my stats aren't good enough for med school

Sorry let me reiterate- Keck post bacc haha. Trust- my stats aren't good enough for med school

Oh! lol Well regardless that is still awesome! :)

I didn't know keck had a postbacc is it the same idea as the UCs?

Oh! lol Well regardless that is still awesome! :)

I didn't know keck had a postbacc is it the same idea as the UCs?
It's a GPA enhancement program, but the classes are like pharmacology, diagnostics etc but they have a matriculation rate to med school of 80 some % and the program is only 9 months.

Does anyone know what the interview day at UCSF is like?

Did you all get UCSF interviews? It's just a casual interview just know general interview questions

My last letter of recommendation was finally posted and my application was finally completed yesterday! Yay! I hope my application has a chance to be reviewed though :(. I really want to get into UCD or UCSF, so I still have some hope :) I am just happy that my last letter of recommendation actually made it, I almost accepted the fact that it didn't. BIG SIGH!

My last letter of recommendation was finally posted and my application was finally completed yesterday! Yay! I hope my application has a chance to be reviewed though :(. I really want to get into UCD or UCSF, so I still have some hope :) I am just happy that my last letter of recommendation actually made it, I almost accepted the fact that it didn't. BIG SIGH!

I called and asked about this since my application was completed pretty late as well and they told me that the schools are required to read all of the applications before they are done with the interview process. There's definitely still hope!

Oh wow. I emailed them last week on Friday.

I was surprised they emailed me so quickly as well.
Perhaps, they are still reviewing your application and you still have a chance :)

Any news on the last dates UCD and UCR send invites?

Has anyone gotten invited to UCDavis Skype interview this week? It seems like they sent out the the first batch last week.

Has anyone gotten invited to UCDavis Skype interview this week? It seems like they sent out the the first batch last week.
I have gotten an invitation! I'm still wondering what the 20-minute screening encompasses (specific questions and such)....

Awesome! What was the interview like? Was it long?
It was a 45 min interview over the phone asking basic stuff like hobbies, aspirations, explanation of why I want to go there, etc

Reactions: 2 users
How did everyone's UCD interviews go today?

How did everyone's UCD interviews go today?

I finished my interview and have mixed feelings. What about you? Did you also have two interviewers? I was surprised to be told aim to answer each of 3 questions within 3 minutes each....In hindsight I wish I had expanded more on my involvement with the underserved....

I finished my interview and have mixed feelings. What about you? Did you also have two interviewers? I was surprised to be told aim to answer each of 3 questions within 3 minutes each....In hindsight I wish I had expanded more on my involvement with the underserved....

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.... Yea I was kind of confused about the whole thing because it's technically a "screening" so I am not entirely sure what they are looking for. I'm thinking maybe it's to make sure the candidates are at least somewhat socially apt and normal before bothering to invite them for in person interview, lol.

Since it was only three questions I think they just want to screen you then really get to know you in actual interview? The whole three minute thing threw me off lol! I didn't want to blab so it only ended up being a ten minute interview. But like you said I wish I would have said more about my background and my desire to help underserved. But there was no "why medicine?" question so I never had the chance to expand on my background and why I want to help underserved, etc. Also I feel weird interviewing over Skype!

I guess it's done now, it could have been worse. But it could have been better. Hopefully we get invited to an in person!

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.... Yea I was kind of confused about the whole thing because it's technically a "screening" so I am not entirely sure what they are looking for. I'm thinking maybe it's to make sure the candidates are at least somewhat socially apt and normal before bothering to invite them for in person interview, lol.

Since it was only three questions I think they just want to screen you then really get to know you in actual interview? The whole three minute thing threw me off lol! I didn't want to blab so it only ended up being a ten minute interview. But like you said I wish I would have said more about my background and my desire to help underserved. But there was no "why medicine?" question so I never had the chance to expand on my background and why I want to help underserved, etc. Also I feel weird interviewing over Skype!

I guess it's done now, it could have been worse. But it could have been better. Hopefully we get invited to an in person!

That is relieving to hear I'm not the only one! I really hope we both are invited for the second in-person interview! I was thrown off and confused too that they didn't ask "why medicine?". I will constantly be checking my email from this point on, lol. Did you ask them any follow up with any questions towards the end of the interview?

That is relieving to hear I'm not the only one! I really hope we both are invited for the second in-person interview! I was thrown off and confused too that they didn't ask "why medicine?". I will constantly be checking my email from this point on, lol. Did you ask them any follow up with any questions towards the end of the interview?

I still have not had my interview yet, it is @ 1, any pointers?