UCD or Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AURunner

CO 2019
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently was accepted at both of these schools and I loved both of them from the interviews/information meetings. I still have my interview with my IS coming up, but I wanted to hear the opinions of others on here about UCD and Edinburgh.

If I don't get into my IS I'm going to do my best to fly over and spend a few days in dublin and edinburgh to get a better idea of what would be a better fit.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually visiting the schools was important for me to make my choice. I got into both Glasgow and Dublin, but Glasgow was a better fit for me. If you are unable to visit, chat to current students and read up on the cities. Make pros and cons list for each. I believe Dublin's cost of living is a bit more pricey being on the Euro, but I can't remember.

Dick vet is also Glasgow's rival ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I recently was accepted at both of these schools and I loved both of them from the interviews/information meetings. I still have my interview with my IS coming up, but I wanted to hear the opinions of others on here about UCD and Edinburgh.

If I don't get into my IS I'm going to do my best to fly over and spend a few days in dublin and edinburgh to get a better idea of what would be a better fit.

First off definitely compare tuition rates and cost of living in each city if money is a major factor for you. If that doesn't concern you as much, then I highly recommend visiting (and really, I'd recommend visiting anyways before settling on a school). I was deciding between RVC, Glasgow and UCD before I got into school in the US, and I ended up settling on UCD out of those three based on my personal preferences. I went to visit all of them, compared tuition rates, toured the schools and spoke to current students, and considered the cities before making the choice. UCD was just the best fit for me since I had a lot of friends in Dublin and enjoyed the city the most, I was also sick of living in London at the time since I'd already done a masters at RVC, and Glasgow felt too similar to that/and I didn't know anyone up there.

First off definitely compare tuition rates and cost of living in each city if money is a major factor for you. If that doesn't concern you as much, then I highly recommend visiting (and really, I'd recommend visiting anyways before settling on a school). I was deciding between RVC, Glasgow and UCD before I got into school in the US, and I ended up settling on UCD out of those three based on my personal preferences. I went to visit all of them, compared tuition rates, toured the schools and spoke to current students, and considered the cities before making the choice. UCD was just the best fit for me since I had a lot of friends in Dublin and enjoyed the city the most, I was also sick of living in London at the time since I'd already done a masters at RVC, and Glasgow felt too similar to that/and I didn't know anyone up there.

You knew me!....from WW games at least :p

Reactions: 1 user
I am at Edinburgh, and I like it, but I would go for whatever is cheaper.

Edinburgh is like a big small town.