UCLA Extension: Chem 153B with Paul Tarr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KittyKat00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all you UCLA extension-goers doing a DIY postbac, has anyone ever taken Chem 153B with professor Paul Tarr, PhD?

If so, what was your experience in his class?
Was he a difficult grader?
Was the material as difficult, less difficult or more difficult than the material you learned in Chem 153A?
What was your final grade in the course?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Boring. Fair grader. Not sure, I took 153B first as ABC don't carry each other. I received a A-.

For all you UCLA extension-goers doing a DIY postbac, has anyone ever taken Chem 153B with professor Paul Tarr, PhD?

If so, what was your experience in his class?
Was he a difficult grader?
Was the material as difficult, less difficult or more difficult than the material you learned in Chem 153A?
What was your final grade in the course?

Thank you!!

Hi KittyKat

Sorry to necro-bump this thread. I'm planning to attend UCLA Extension and I have a question for you about the program's Chemistry classes (as listed below). I understand that the Chem 14* series suffices the General Chemistry & Organic Chemistry pre-req for med schools. Is the Chem 153* series optional because they're biochemistry and not really required?

Chemistry XL 14A Atomic and Molecular Structure, Equilibria, Acids, and Bases
Chemistry XL 14B Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Kinetics, and Organic Chemistry
Chemistry XL 14BL General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
Chemistry XL 14C Structure of Organic Molecules
Chemistry XL 14CL General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory II
Chemistry XL 14D Organic Reactions and Pharmaceuticals
Chemistry XL 153A Biochemistry: Introduction to Structure, Enzymes, and Metabolism
Chemistry XL 153B Biochemistry: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
Chemistry XL 153C Biochemistry: Biosynthetic and Energy Metabolism and Its Regulation