UCLA-Harbor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chigrl08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm really interested in this program and just received an invite. Does anybody know the site and what are the pros and cons/strengths and weaknesses etc? How is it as a peds site and in comparison to all the other schools in CA?

How do the places in CA rank?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm really interested in this program and just received an invite. Does anybody know the site and what are the pros and cons/strengths and weaknesses etc? How is it as a peds site and in comparison to all the other schools in CA?

How do the places in CA rank?

Thanks!

There are a lot of threads on the Cali peds residencies from last year with their impressions of the places, so that may be helpful for you to search out.

As far as Harbor-UCLA, I know a big negative is that it's a county hospital. I've heard they have metal detectors at the front doors (this may be an exaggeration, but I did hear it from a girl who interviewed there last year). So the cons would be everything that goes along with a county hospital system....I don't know much else about it, but I'm interviewing there in January and would love to know what you thought after you interview there!!

I did an EM rotation there last year. It is a county population, but this is NOT necessarily a negative as this population really needs good service, and they are generally VERY grateful. The peds ED there is awesome. I interview there soon so I'll let you know!

Members don't see this ad :)
HI,
I just thought I'd bump the original poster's question about UCLA/Harbor Peds, since I'm also interested to hear impressions about this program....who's interviewed? any thoughts? questions you wished you'd asked....are the residents happy here?

Im also interested to hear - searched the old posts on california, couldn't find much.

Sorry to revive this thread, but haven't found too much information in my search. My significant other is interested in this program and I was wondering if either someone in the program or those of you that have matched here could provide some insight of the pros and cons. Most Cali threads discuss the other Cali programs...I need some info specific to Harbor-UCLA peds. Thanks so much in advance!