UCLA med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdelucia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's it take to get into UCLA medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean apart from what you can find in the MSAR?

Your soul....and a Cali residency.

Edit: 1 (possibly two) of the above is/are completely wrong. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA has no preference for CA applicants.

No stated preference but they probably still prefer them because they know they're likely to matriculate...
Also their class is mostly people from Cali.

No stated preference but they probably still prefer them because they know they're likely to matriculate...
Also their class is mostly people from Cali.
The CA acceptees prefer to stay in CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for your input! I was just wondering other than the typical grades and scores if there was anything else I could do to increase my chances. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but my current GPA is slightly lower than the average accepted. Im a Chem major with a psych minor. I do a lot of research work on my campus and volunteer.

I know of one way to increase your chances. It is too late if you're applying this cycle or the next though.

Thanks for your input! I was just wondering other than the typical grades and scores if there was anything else I could do to increase my chances. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but my current GPA is slightly lower than the average accepted. Im a Chem major with a psych minor. I do a lot of research work on my campus and volunteer.

Take gap years and work in a hospital

Your chances at any one medical school are usually around 2%. Never set your sites on a singular medical school

Best way to get into ucla is to be an incredible human being. Also you need to take math in college. Looks like ucla ain't for me.

What I'm referring to won't help you :( It's a program that they offer and about 90% of it's participants get into their med school. I am pretty sure the program participants make up about 10% of each class. It helps.

I will be applying next cycle.

Beating a dead horse but targeting a certain med school is unwise. You could shoot for UCLA by doing research there and getting a rec letter from a professor at the medical school or volunteering at the hospital, etc. However, there are probably tons of UCLA undergrads that do the same and don't even get interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app