UCLA Psychobiology vs Neuroscience

laneyshadow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'll be entering UCLA as a pre-Med freshman, and I am debating between majoring in psychobiology or neuroscience. I heard psychobiology would be easier and that neuroscience is ultra hard, but I'm definitely down for a challenge. If I got he psychobio route, does it have enough of the medical school requirements, or will I have to add on more science classes. Is it also true that w/ psychobio u could graduate earlier than 4 years? I'm conflicted bc I know a major like neuroscience is very time consuming, and I also want to be able to study abroad for a year or so, so which major would allow me to do that? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Let me guess. Future Neurosurgeon, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Finished Neuroscience at UCLA in 3 yrs, so it is possible, provided you load up on summer classes. The requirements for the major fulfilled all of the medical school requirements. Plus Neuroscience is an actual field of scientific inquiry.

The best way to find out if a specific major at a specific university fulfills specific requirements is to print it off and confirm yourself, then take it to the pre-med advisor and have them confirm as well.