UConn questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FindingNismo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

and have recently become interested in pharmacy. I was planning to go to medical school but for a variety of reasons, I think pharmacy would be much better for me. Fortunately, I know that UConn has a pharmacy school, and I've done a bit of research but am still confused about applying. I have a 3.55, and obviously haven't taken the PCAT. I have completed all of the pre-reqs while pursuing my bio degree.

Is it possible for me to apply to pharmacy schools now, or am I too late? Can I apply now, schedule my PCAT sometime in october or november, and update schools when the scores come in?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's not too late. You can still register to take the PCAT for the September testing date. You can apply as long as the due date for applications has not passed. If UCon does rolling admissions you may be at a disadvantage though. Regardless, you still have time to apply, my advice would be to take the September PCAT and complete your application as soon as possible. You may want to shadow a pharmacist as well and secure some solid LORs.

Hi all,

I'm about to be a senior at UConn, and have recently become interested in pharmacy. I was planning to go to medical school but for a variety of reasons, I think pharmacy would be much better for me. Fortunately, I know that UConn has a pharmacy school, and I've done a bit of research but am still confused about applying. I have a 3.55, and obviously haven't taken the PCAT. I have completed all of the pre-reqs while pursuing my bio degree.

Is it possible for me to apply to pharmacy schools now, or am I too late? Can I apply now, schedule my PCAT sometime in october or november, and update schools when the scores come in?

Thanks for any help!

just register for the pcats and try and take it by november cause the earlier the better. i don't think uconn cares too much about pcats considering they just started taking it into consideration a few years ago. i know of a few people that didn't do too well on the pcat including myself that still got in and by not doing well i mean as low as a 60 percentile on the pcat. uconn's application deadline is january 5th so you have ample time to apply for the 2012 application process.

http://pharmacy.uconn.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=510&Itemid=876

the link is a little bit of info on the 2012 application cycle and it's on uconn's sop website.