UCSD autobiography question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F.Underwood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't fit my autobiography into 6000 characters so I was hoping to lead the reader up to the time I entered college and then add a comment to the reader saying:

[For my undergraduate experiences, please refer to my primary application. I apologize for the inconvenience. Given the character limit to this autobiography, I believe this is the best way for you to learn about my life.]

After this comment, there would be another paragraph about what I have been doing after college.

Think this is cool?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should fit it into 6000 characters.

Reactions: 2 users
If you can't fit it into 6000 characters, you are including too much. You have to know how to be concise and select what you want to highlight about yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told that you should never be using the "please see primary application/personal statement/transcript" line in your secondaries. For one thing, the person reviewing your secondary in UCSD's system may or may not have immediate access to your other application materials. You also don't want to annoy the person who's going to decide your fate at this school, and when every other applicant can be concise enough to fit into 6000 characters, but you want to send him/her digging for another document, that's going to not reflect well.

Can I just give them a linked to my Harper-Collins published 1000pg biography available on amazon.com?

Reactions: 1 user
[For my undergraduate experiences, please refer to my primary application. I apologize for the inconvenience. Given the character limit to this autobiography, I believe this is the best way for you to learn about my life.]

After this comment, there would be another paragraph about what I have been doing after college.

Think this is cool?

Thanks!
I screen these into the "cut and paste level of interest in the school" category.