UCSD Osteopathic Org. forming. Need Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aecuenca

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am forming an osteopathic organization at UCSD and need any support from anyone that can help. The biggest thing that we need is literature, so if anyone has any D.O.-related books they can donate that they are not using anymore, our organization would benefit from your donation.

Any other support would be greatly appreciated. Response at UCSD has been very positive and I would like the first meeting in November to be a very good one. If you think you can help, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Arnold Cuenca
Western U/Class of 2004
Founder and Advisor for UCSDOMA

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I think this is really cool!! Mainly because I know a 1st year at our MD counterpart college who is from UCSD. She knew nothing of DO's when she was there, and was surprised when I told her that there are plenty of DO's in San Diego. I'll have to tell her about your success!!! Please write me if your organization needs general info. Michigan is the DO state and we have tons of resources at our college.

Sudhir ([email protected])
MSUCOM 2003

Hi!

thank you so much for replying! yes, if there is anything you think you can do to help, I would be most grateful. There hasn't been much publicity yet except via email at UCSD, and we already have a total of about 45 students wanting to become members. I'm hoping that with advertising and publicity to get that number to 100.

Things are going very well indeed! The AOA is sending me a lot of general material for our first meeting, I and the officers have been invited to speak at a dinner for the San Diego Osteopathic Medical Association as well as put out a press release in their next newsletter, speakers have volunteered to present at meetings, and I just hammered out a tentative deal with Kaplan Prep to be an affiliate and for them to donate scholarships to our organization. I still have to meet with Hyperlearning (another MCAT Prep course here in San Diego) and see what kind of deal we can have with them.

The biggest thing right now is getting hardcover literature. We want to start a small library of osteopathic related books for our senior members. The SDOMA dinner is a great opportunity, but I hope that we can secure more.

So, if there is anything you can do, I would really appreciate it!
smile.gif

-Arnold