UCSD Pharmacy c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the 2015 incoming class, it says the supplemental application is closed... but on their page i read
" The link to the supplemental application will be available through this website from July 14, 2014 through 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on November 3, 2014"
Doesn't that mean it should close tomorrow at 11:59pm? I was about to submit my application but I thought I would read everythiing over one more time.. then all of a sudden it told me the application was closed... Am I wrong that it says the deadline should be 11:59 on the night of 11/3, not 11/2??

Members don't see this ad.

The same thing happened to me..... I would think that the deadline would be on 11:59 during the night of 11/3 as well.. so I'm extremely confused too. I'm hoping to call and see what is happening with their supplemental application =/

Is the application closed again? The deadline isn't until midnight tonight!

Members don't see this ad :)
The supplemental website went down prematurely on 11/3, so they extended the deadline to 11/5 to make up for it.

can someone link me to the old threads? I can't find UCSD for class of 2018 and 2017.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone received an interview from UCSD pharmacy program?

"I regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission to the UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences for Fall 2015. We received nearly 1000 applications for the 60 positions that are available. The competition was exceedingly tough. The vast majority of the applicants were eminently qualified and the Admissions Committee had a very difficult time selecting the candidates to progress to the next phase of the admissions process. Thank you for your interest in our School and program and we regret that we were unable to find a place for you. Please note that if you wish to reapply for admission for Fall 2016, a new application will be required and must be submitted through PharmCAS."

On the other hand, best of luck to everyone that has made it thus far!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview Feb 7th! Is anyone familiar with UCSD's interview process?

the interview is not as bad. Don't worry too much about it. :)

Feb 6!
A good friend of mine is a P1 at UCSD and she LOVES it! She says the workload is more than what we had in undergrad, but not as difficult. I'm going to visit her soon to sit in on some classes, so I'll post any useful info I find out while I'm there for you all :)

I've got an interview Jan 16th. Also colleague of mine interviews about a week later.

Are my chances are high if I'm interviewing in early January? Because I've heard that interviews are in order of rank from composite score of essays/applications/letter of rec.

I will be there on Feb. 7th as well...I cant wait, its a beautiful school!

I've got an interview Jan 16th. Also colleague of mine interviews about a week later.

Are my chances are high if I'm interviewing in early January? Because I've heard that interviews are in order of rank from composite score of essays/applications/letter of rec.

How was your interview process like? How long was the interview?
After asking a question, did the interviewers wait for you to finish your lines or did they ask other questions as you go?
My interview is coming up this week! Any comments will be deeply appreciated..!

How was your interview process like? How long was the interview?
After asking a question, did the interviewers wait for you to finish your lines or did they ask other questions as you go?
My interview is coming up this week! Any comments will be deeply appreciated..!

It wasn't too bad, just be your self, be honest and you'll be fine. Just make sure not to talk to fast and be confident but modest at the same time.

Has anyone heard from UCSD Skaggs regarding admissions or any other update yet?

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone with an interview tomorrow or Saturday!

Thanks all for your responses. I talked to admissions yesterday, and earliest decision date they are projecting is late Feb.

still waiting, I bet some will hear by the end of this week!

Reactions: 1 user
still waiting, I bet some will hear by the end of this week!

I wake up every morning and nervously check my gmail... im an undergrad at UCSD so I get a lot of random stuff from UCSD.... every time i see "UCSD" in the subject line I get my hopes up and... nada...

Reactions: 1 users
Check your email everyone......mine is still empty.lol Just trying to help relax everyone! I think some emails will drop this week, based on previous years analysis.

I wake up every morning and nervously check my gmail... im an undergrad at UCSD so I get a lot of random stuff from UCSD.... every time i see "UCSD" in the subject line I get my hopes up and... nada...
Ha I am the same with UW I get all kinds of alumni emails ect....finally got an acceptance, but waiting on UCSD. It will be a hard choice if UCSD offers me a spot!

Every time i get an email notification, my heart jumps to like 200bpm haha

Wow, UCSD Skaggs admissions is really behind the 8ball this year...

I am a current UCSD P1. Our quarter is very busy this year so don't fret too much about the lateness of admissions decisions. If you have any questions about the school, you can send me a private message.

If we have other offers pending, and would prefer SD over them, would it be appropriate to ask admissions for an early release of their decision?

I just got accepted. I am so excited!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in :)

Congratulations! The Admissions Committee of the UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has unanimously voted to offer you a position in our Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2019, entering in the Fall Quarter of 2015. This is a very special opportunity that is being offered to only sixty (60) of our over 900 qualified applicants. You were selected based on the strength of your academic performance and your strong potential for leadership in the profession of Pharmacy.

Reactions: 2 users
got the email today at 1:04pm!! yay and congrats everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user