UCSD Pharmacy c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those who got accepted!

Are we all supposed to receive the decision email today? I haven't received anything from UCSD yet.

Members don't see this ad.

If we have other offers pending, and would prefer SD over them, would it be appropriate to ask admissions for an early release of their decision?
I dont think thats a good Idea

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody received decisions today?
I was actually expecting more acceptances today but if no one has gotten anything today....
I am guessing all the 60+ acceptances were sent out yesterday and the rest are just waitlists or denials (since next week is the second week of March already)? :confused: scary

Anybody received decisions today?
I was actually expecting more acceptances today but if no one has gotten anything today....
I am guessing all the 60+ acceptances were sent out yesterday and the rest are just waitlists or denials (since next week is the second week of March already)? :confused: scary
Someone on the UCSF thread seems to think they were not all sent out yesterday...not sure how anyone would know unless they called admissions to ask though

Based on previous years they do not send all our at once

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they weren't all sent out.

don't you think they send out the original 60 at once then send another round once people start turning down the offers?

Me as well, I have my other top choice lla locked in. I figure we would get some kinda email. If wait listed we should know and if denied, those should have been sent with acceptances.

After the Interview
I'm changing courses that aren't related to the pharmacy prerequisites. Must I notify your office of these changes?
No

When can I expect to hear about an admissions decision?
We try to notify all applicants by the end of the second week of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not just yet!
Hope we all hear a good news soon :hello:

Last edited:
hi guys, I was just placed on alternate list at UCSD. in the email they did not specify how many people were wait listed though. so what do you guys think of my chances of getting off the waitlist?
P/S UCSD has always been my top choice and I am willing to wait but If the acceptance offer came later than June/July then I think I would have to move on and accept the offers from other pharmacy schools.
Thanks !

Last edited:
hi guys, I was just placed on alternate list at UCSD. in the email they did not specify how many people were wait listed though. so what do you guys think of my chances of getting off the waitlist?
P/S UCSD has always been my top choice and I am willing to wait but If the acceptance offer came later than June/July then I think I would have to move on and accept the offers from other pharmacy schools.
Thanks !
acceptances from UCSF are coming out this week so I'm sure there will be some openings in UCSD's class soon. the deadline to choose between the two schools is April 3, so I would imagine there will be significant wait list movement soon after that date. don't give up!! :)

thanks!! btw do you happen to know any information about the wait list from previous years? like how many people usually get off the waitlist on average?
thanks!!

Last edited:
thanks!! btw do you happen to know any information about the wait list from previous years? like how many people usually get off the waitlist on average?
thanks!!
no idea...you could try asking a current student if they know how many people in their class came from the wait list

would anyone who is accepted mind sharing if they are going or not? just so people on the waitlist can have hope lol

Aa

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist?

Just recently admitted from the waitlist!

I forgot to ask this during my interview day but can any current student comment if a car is necessary to get to some of the IPPE sites? Are IPPE held during the regular semester along with classes or can it be completed during the summer?

Generally, how happy are the students here?

Also, anyone have the residency match list for recent UCSD grads?

Just recently admitted from the waitlist!

I forgot to ask this during my interview day but can any current student comment if a car is necessary to get to some of the IPPE sites? Are IPPE held during the regular semester along with classes or can it be completed during the summer?

Generally, how happy are the students here?

Also, anyone have the residency match list for recent UCSD grads?
Hi there, did the UCSD Committee send an email or call you directly? and when did it happen exactly?
Thank you

Hi there, did the UCSD Committee send an email or call you directly? and when did it happen exactly?
Thank you

They sent an email 2 days ago in the afternoon.

Did they give you a deadline for when you had to accept or decline the offer?

Yes, they gave a 3 day deadline. It was a very tough choice between 2 schools I was considering but decided that UCSD is the best school for me -- I accepted the offer. I'm super excited to move and spend the next 4+ years at San Diego!!!

Goodluck to those still on the waitinglist. According to PharmCAS statistics for UCSD

http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/468

Estimated number accepted for fall 2015 entering class: 120
Estimated fall 2015 entering class size including early assurance and transfer seats: 60

So I think that means that there are usually ~60 people taken off the waiting list? Chances look good.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Very excited to start in the fall. Did anyone receive dorming or financial aid offers yet? The estimated wait time to obtain a dorm looks huge...

Yes, they gave a 3 day deadline. It was a very tough choice between 2 schools I was considering but decided that UCSD is the best school for me -- I accepted the offer. I'm super excited to move and spend the next 4+ years at San Diego!!!

Goodluck to those still on the waitinglist. According to PharmCAS statistics for UCSD

http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/468

Estimated number accepted for fall 2015 entering class: 120
Estimated fall 2015 entering class size including early assurance and transfer seats: 60

So I think that means that there are usually ~60 people taken off the waiting list? Chances look good.

If my information is correct, Skaggs accept only around 60± students. definitely lower than the national average...I think they overshoot their acceptance to that 120 number...like many other pharm schools do... you got pulled off of the wait-list because more than 60 people dropped out...if I'm right...

what's the name of other school that you considered?

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who will be starting this fall! I am currently in the process of completing my supplementary application for Skaggs and am having trouble answering one of the questions: UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences strives to create pharmacists who will lead the profession in innovative and integrated health care environments. How have your past experiences and your career interests prepared you to become an innovator in the profession and to excel in integrated models of healthcare delivery?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have no idea what I can say :sorry:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who will be starting this fall! I am currently in the process of completing my supplementary application for Skaggs and am having trouble answering one of the questions: UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences strives to create pharmacists who will lead the profession in innovative and integrated health care environments. How have your past experiences and your career interests prepared you to become an innovator in the profession and to excel in integrated models of healthcare delivery?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have no idea what I can say :sorry:

Well, what experiences do YOU have? You gave people no information at all. Do you have research experience? pharmacy experience? other careers? Are you in a club? If your answer is none of the above, you are not a candidate they are looking for obviously. It is not a hard question. You would obviously have to mention a time where you did something beyond the minimum task required at your job.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone!

Last edited:
Well, what experiences do YOU have? You gave people no information at all. Do you have research experience? pharmacy experience? other careers? Are you in a club? If your answer is none of the above, you are not a candidate they are looking for obviously. It is not a hard question. You would obviously have to mention a time where you did something beyond the minimum task required at your job.

It was just a little difficult for me to understand how to answer this question properly, but you made it more clear for me. Thanks so much for your response!