Ucsd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
to those who got the interview invite,
are you in SoCal?
what is the letter date?
what is the postmark date?
thanks

I'm in Orange County. The date on the letterhead is 12/15, and the postmarked date on the envelope is 12/16.

Members don't see this ad.

Crap...I'm not going to be in state until January. :( Did anyone get it invited via email instead? Should I call in the morning and ask about my status or will that just frustrate them?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you in SoCal?
what is the letter date?
thanks

Socal here (Los Angeles to be exact). Letterhead is 12/15 with a postmark date of 12/16. Scheduled for 1/13 @ 12pm.

I got my invite today tooo! I'm debating whether I should go or not because I just got accepted to my 2nd choice a few days ago.
What are everyone's stats?

I got my invite in the mail today and I live near Pomona. Same thing as everyone else: Letter dated Dec.15, postmarked Dec.16. My interview is on 1/13 at 8am:(...so early.

For those of you who have UCSD as one of your top choices, can you share some positive things about the school? I've already got into one of my top choices, which is a really good school but is out of state, and my parents are pushing me to stay in-state.

I have a 3.6 gpa, retail pharmacy experience, undergrad research experience, leadership position in clubs during undergrad, and ~200 volunteer hours in a hospital. I shared my stats, can everyone else share theirs? :)

My stats are below. I have >300 hours of hospital out-patient pharmacy experience, excellent letter of recommendation, USC pharmacy's chapter of AMCP, study abroad + language minor, 1 year of research and decent club activities.

Last edited:
Got my interview invitation in the mail today (12/19). Letter dated 12/15, postmarked 12/16. Interview is at 12pm on 1/14. :thumbup:

Does anyone from San Diego got an interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
3.6 gpa, mcb major+ chem minor
4 yrs of research, 1 semester of research abroad, presented research at NCUR, semester abroad
4 yrs of working at a doctor's office
volunteered at children's hospice home, continuation school, women's health center
Decent club activities and a part of several honor societies
shadowed pharmacists but i have no pharmacy experience (I hope this does not hurt my chances!) :(
Places traveled: Vietnam, Sweden, south Africa, London, Australia, Spain, Italy, island of Malta, France (I'm not sure how relevant my travels are, but I did mention them in my PS)
excellent LOR from ochem professor, school advisor, doctor that I work for, and a pharmacist I've shadowed

are you in SoCal?
what is the letter date?
thanks
I got an invite too =)
I live in LA county
Letter date was Dec 15
Post date was Dec 16

Letter was postmarked Dec 16th, and the letter arrived on the 17th.
I don't understand why I haven't heard anything. People have gotten interviews and rejections and I hear nothing. This process is full of so much anxiety!

I don't understand why I haven't heard anything. People have gotten interviews and rejections and I hear nothing. This process is full of so much anxiety!

I am in the same boat... I am from LA but have not heard anything yet. I called UCSD last week though and they said they have processed some of the applications and are processing some others?!? They told me I would hear from them by the end of December! So I guess they are still sending mails out??!!

It is very stressful. I am waiting to hear from the other school I interviewed a week ago too. so double stress for me there!

sorry for the multiple posts, i don't know how to use a message board. i hope that's not criteria for admission. lol

Last edited:
HELLO!
I'm a first yr here at UCSD.

Don't stress out too much about your stats. As long as you get an interview, you will have the same chance as others of getting accepted.
Your stats are brilliant!! I had no pharmacy experience, very little volunteering, but quite a lot of non-pharmacy work experience. my gpa is below the avg (3.7 for my class). The interviewers here are very friendly, that's y i wasn't so nervous and I was able to communicate well. just be honest.

AHH! that was very reassuring! thanks! I thought I would be at a disadvantage for having no pharmacy experience.

HELLO!
I'm a first yr here at UCSD.

Don't stress out too much about your stats. As long as you get an interview, you will have the same chance as others of getting accepted.
Your stats are brilliant!! I had no pharmacy experience, very little volunteering, but quite a lot of non-pharmacy work experience. my gpa is below the avg (3.7 for my class). The interviewers here are very friendly, that's y i wasn't so nervous and I was able to communicate well. just be honest.

Is anyone else having trouble contacting Skaggs? I was told to call today to check up on my status but I either get a busy signal or the voice mail. :bang: I've been calling all day.

Is anyone else having trouble contacting Skaggs? I was told to call today to check up on my status but I either get a busy signal or the voice mail. :bang: I've been calling all day.

Ya.. It is difficult to contact them via phone.. Once I had a question regrding the pre-reqs called them and left a message and they called me back.. you can try leaving a message too if they don't pick up the phone..
But have you recieved any invitation/rejection letters yet??

Will this be an open file or closed file interview? Group or one-on-one?

What do you think of the curriculum? How's the IPPE and APPEs? I understand this school school is more geared towards and research...

Ya.. It is difficult to contact them via phone.. Once I had a question regrding the pre-reqs called them and left a message and they called me back.. you can try leaving a message too if they don't pick up the phone..
But have you recieved any invitation/rejection letters yet??

I finally reached them via phone yesterday. The problem is that I'm currently on vacation in AZ but my permanent address is in Cali so I have no means of retrieving that letter. The lady just told me UCSD will mail me another letter to the AZ address so I guess I'll find out some time next week! I suspect a rejection letter though. lol

Last edited:
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I finally reached them via phone yesterday. The problem is that I'm currently on vacation in AZ but my permanent address is in Cali so I have no means of retrieving that letter. The lady just told me UCSD will mail me another letter to the AZ address so I guess I'll find out some time next week! I suspect a rejection letter though. lol

That happen to me too. I came home for winter break and they sent to the letter to the address where I live during the school year. When I called the lady told me they won't send another letter to my parents address so she told the date and tiime interview was scheduled. But I think it depends on who u talk to bc at first she said they don't tell students their status over the phone.
For the people who received a interview, when do we have to confirm our interview date. I don't have the letter.help please! !

That happen to me too. I came home for winter break and they sent to the letter to the address where I live during the school year. When I called the lady told me they won't send another letter to my parents address so she told the date and tiime interview was scheduled. But I think it depends on who u talk to bc at first she said they don't tell students their status over the phone.
For the people who received a interview, when do we have to confirm our interview date. I don't have the letter.help please! !

"Please return this form by Tuesday January 3, 2012 to secure your interview position."

What? You're the second person to tell me that. lol :( I'm kinda scared to call again since I don't want a phone rejection and then two mailed out rejections. lol Good luck at the interview! Maybe I'll even see you there? :p

I'm probably going to decline my interview invitation, so there's going to be another spot opening up for you guys!:) Happy holidays!

I'm probably going to decline my interview invitation, so there's going to be another spot opening up for you guys!:) Happy holidays!

Congradulations for getting accepted to Touro.

Last edited:
I wanted to reschedule my interview with SD but I always get a message when I call. Do they respond quickly to their messages? I left one on Saturday morning, and called again this afternoon.

I faxed the interview acceptance form and never received a confirmation, did anyone get a confirmation?

I faxed it last friday too, but I didn't get any confirmation.

Being the cheapo that I am (and also a bit paranoid that it'd get lost in the mail), I sent my interview acceptance form via email. I scanned it up and attached it to an email to [email protected]. I asked them if that was ok or if I needed to send a paper copy in the mail, and their response was "Confirmed."

Their response did come 2 days after I emailed them my form, so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting confirmation. Just gotta be patient I guess.

Being the cheapo that I am (and also a bit paranoid that it'd get lost in the mail), I sent my interview acceptance form via email. I scanned it up and attached it to an email to [email protected]. I asked them if that was ok or if I needed to send a paper copy in the mail, and their response was "Confirmed."

Their response did come 2 days after I emailed them my form, so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting confirmation. Just gotta be patient I guess.

I also emailed a scanned copy as well and got confirmation via email a couple of days later.

has anyone who did not email get a confirmation?
i faxed mine over a week ago and haven't gotten a response.

I sent my confirmation form via snail mail a few days before Christmas, and I did not receive any type of confirmation from UCSD, so I decided to email them last night w/ a scanned copy of my form. They sent me a confirmation email this morning... all it said was "Thank you."

I sent my confirmation form via snail mail a few days before Christmas, and I did not receive any type of confirmation from UCSD, so I decided to email them last night w/ a scanned copy of my form. They sent me a confirmation email this morning... all it said was "Thank you."

Yup, thank you. lol.

Interview invite! Postmarked: 12/16
I don't know how I received it so late! I am barely responding today... Scheduled for: 01/14 8am

Anyone know what how long the interview lasts yet? I am planning on road tripping it, I am from out-of-state.

I believe it was around 4 hours? I think mine was 8-12 last year

Are we supposed to received another letter after we confirmed the interview? Did anyone received anything yet?

Does anyone from San Diego got an interview invite yet?
I'm not sure if this response is too late but i'm from SD and i got my invite a few weeks back and i sent in my confirmation but i haven't heard back from them yet.

Hey! If you guys sent in your acceptance to the interview offer then you shouldn't fret. I declined my offer (I didn't respond to the letter) and they still called me today to ask my about my decision. Good luck with the interview guys!:)