UCSF 2011-2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm from 2.17 interview date, also haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

why does ucsf have a facebook group, but why haven't ucsd ?

it's just whenever someone decides to make one. The school doesn't make one themselves, one of the students does. I think that's how it's been.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance today!! Interviewed on the 1/27...but I will probably not attend. I am choosing between UOP, Touro, or Maryland! Good luck everyone who is waiting !!

Last edited:
Got my acceptance today!! Interviewed on the 1/27...but I will probably not attend. I am choosing between UOP, Touro, or Maryland! Good luck everyone who is waiting !!

Hey :) Was the email sent today?? Or did you just open it today?

hopefully more news today! i hate the time difference....i'm in michigan so i have to wait extra long for it to be 5:00 haha

Interviewed on 2/17, got the acceptance email today. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why they don't send all the emails at once?? I am sooooo anxious to hear back! AAH!!

Exactly what is your issue? I initially couldnt either. Changing the internet browsers and checking my email spam box worked for me

congrats on your acceptance to ucsf :) ! If you're most likely going to attend this school, out of courtesy, please make sure you decline or withdraw yourself from other schools so that other candidates can get your spot.

ACCEPTED! and could not be more thrilled! from boston and so excited to (most likely) move to san francisco!!

Campus housing is yanking my chain. Anyone interested in finding co-ed housing off Irving or Judah?

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? Has anyone gotten a rejection email?

i'm still waiting! haven't heard anything! so anxious omg

Exactly what is your issue? I initially couldnt either. Changing the internet browsers and checking my email spam box worked for me

it is in the spam box.. thank

I never thought gmail would recognized this as spam

My question to current UCSF students, do you guys bother to check the rankings as they are released? Well I guess not, as the new rankings puts this school still on top. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".

These actually just got released today and we got an email from OSACA about it. So yes,we do know about the #1 ranking. However, just because some other deans and administrators voted us number one does not mean we can be complacent in the rankings. UCSF will continue to strive for excellence in this ever-changing field of pharmacy.

good luck and congratulations everyone. no matter what happens, u r already awesome! u will be a great pharmacist and make a positive difference in the world. lets rock the healthcare field!!!!!!!

Interesting article!! I think that is a pretty sad situation-- obviously the medical cannabis helps with her seizures and pain-- and it isn't harming anyone else.

My question to current UCSF students, do you guys bother to check the rankings as they are released? Well I guess not, as the new rankings puts this school still on top. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".

Honestly, rankings don't really enter my mind at all until they're mentioned. It's not a big deal to me. We did get an e-mail yesterday that told us rankings were updated from 2008 and we were still number 1.

I wonder why they don't send all the emails at once?? I am sooooo anxious to hear back! AAH!!

Seriously, I wonder the same thing. Well, I heard that they hold weekly meetings to accept/deny candidates, and they can only go through so many applicants per meeting. My question is, do they review these files in alphabetical order? or by date of interview? or is it just one big pile of files in random order and they just go through them one by one. Ah! Who knows!

I'm trying not to think about it! lol, there are so many theories. I get anxious every time I check my email! I am excited!!

Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

Seriously, I wonder the same thing. Well, I heard that they hold weekly meetings to accept/deny candidates, and they can only go through so many applicants per meeting. My question is, do they review these files in alphabetical order? or by date of interview? or is it just one big pile of files in random order and they just go through them one by one. Ah! Who knows!

haha seriously who knows! i'm at the end of the alphabet, but one of the first interview dates...so its probably totally random. hope you guys hear soon!!!

CONGRATS. Please celebrate well for the rest of us still waiting! I know this doesn't matter really in terms of how they select candidates but when was your interview date? Again yay!

Yay congratulations! And yay for joining the FB group too HAHA! C:

Congrats on your acceptance. Just out of curiosity, what appeals to you about UOP and Touro that would make you choose those schools over UCSF? I applied to all 3 so I am trying to make the right decision as well :)

Hi sure!!

For UOP, its a 3 year accelerated program :) I dont mind going to school all year round.
For Touro they have internships hours built into their curriculum. That means we dont have to go out and find our own internships but Touro covered it with their 2 year rotation. That means we meet the 900 hour internship to sit for the board. In addition, Touro has stellar passing exam rates. My boyfriend is a student there and he loves the environment there.
For Maryland, I love the possibility of potentially working/volunteering at the FDA.

CONGRATS. Please celebrate well for the rest of us still waiting! I know this doesn't matter really in terms of how they select candidates but when was your interview date? Again yay!

2-17, last interview day. I know, waiting day by day is hard but hang in there! You have a pretty high shot with 50 percent acceptance :)

Yay congratulations! And yay for joining the FB group too HAHA! C:

Lol thaaanks, yeah I wasn't horribly discrete when choosing an sdn username but its cool, I got nothing to hide or posts I'm ashamed of ;)

Just got the rejection email :( Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Hi sure!!

For UOP, its a 3 year accelerated program :) I dont mind going to school all year round.
For Touro they have internships hours built into their curriculum. That means we dont have to go out and find our own internships but Touro covered it with their 2 year rotation. That means we meet the 900 hour internship to sit for the board. In addition, Touro has stellar passing exam rates. My boyfriend is a student there and he loves the environment there.
For Maryland, I love the possibility of potentially working/volunteering at the FDA.

Oh nice! Yeah I love that UOP is accelerated. SOO awesome! And I got accepted into Touro so I'm glad you told me about their clerkship/built in internships. sweet! Thanks for the info :)

I wonder if they send all the emails out in batches once a day, or throughout the day. lol waiting for a decision is making me crazy!! Everyday at 5pm my anxiety goes back down haha.... until the next morning.

I wonder if they send all the emails out in batches once a day, or throughout the day. lol waiting for a decision is making me crazy!! Everyday at 5pm my anxiety goes back down haha.... until the next morning.

AHH! seriously =(

I feel the same way haha.

It almost feels like they're doing it individually at random times because people are posting sporadically when they hear back as opposed to the thread for UCSD where a bunch of people will post almost around the same time saying they got accepted/rejected.

To those of you who have submitted your deposit and SLR, have any of you gotten your student account activation in the mail yet? I'm kind of confused about the student account. Is it the same thing as the MyAccess account we set up for financial aid or something totally different?

heyyy guysss. i was wondering if you guys have any opinions about ucsd vs ucsf?

according to a new survey released today, the most expensive place to live today is in SAN FRANCISCO!!!!
"
New Yorkers may be famous for complaints about the city's outrageous rents, but the Big Apple isn't the least affordable city in the country, according to a new survey.

In fact, it's not even in the top 10. Neither is star-studded Los Angeles.

Instead, the highest rents are found in San Francisco, California, where a two-bedroom apartment costs an average of $1,905 a month."