UCSF class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thread got quiet, I scared all yall huh :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im surprised that their curriculum was analyzed to not be up to par to standards for it to be put on probation

I would not worry about the probation. UCSD had it too and cleared it up quickly.

You sound like you feel good about your interview! Good luck!

I feel like I was totally myself in the interview, not feeling too strongly about the essay, I really could've done better on that. How about you?

I feel like I was totally myself in the interview, not feeling too strongly about the essay, I really could've done better on that. How about you?
I honestly have no idea, we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they respond back soon though

Members don't see this ad :)
and when I mean I have no idea, I mean it's pretty hard in general to tell how you did, given the nature of it

This wait... I feel like I am back in high school, waiting for my crush to get back to me... I am unsure of know how he (ucsf) feels and my stomach turns every time I hear my phone beep :p What do you guys do to keep yourself occupied and not think about pharmacy schools? I job hunt, run and go on youtube and netflix!

This wait... I feel like I am back in high school, waiting for my crush to get back to me... I am unsure of know how he (ucsf) feels and my stomach turns every time I hear my phone beep :p What do you guys do to keep yourself occupied and not think about pharmacy schools? I job hunt, run and go on youtube and netflix!
What are you watching on netflix?

I've been binge-watching grey's anatomy...reminds me why I don't want to be an MD haha #pharmers4lyfe

Anyone watch It's Always Sunny? It's possibly one of the greatest shows of all time

Reactions: 1 user
What are you watching on netflix?
I just finished watching Peaky Blinders and wow... I never thought gangsters were all that cool until now. My favorite shows on Netflix are Arrested Development and Better off Ted. Any TV shows or movies you want to recommend?

Did anyone receive any financial aid mail from them after the interview?

I believe they send out the financial aid packets after the acceptances are sent out :)

hey I have a general question for you all. in your other interviews, have you been asked what other schools you're applying to? do you actually tell them or just give a vague answer? and what do you think they're hoping to accomplish by asking the question? just curious what you think, as I've been thinking about it for a little while

hey I have a general question for you all. in your other interviews, have you been asked what other schools you're applying to? do you actually tell them or just give a vague answer? and what do you think they're hoping to accomplish by asking the question? just curious what you think, as I've been thinking about it for a little while
Was never asked, but you should just tell them. They can find out through PharmCAS anyways.

Right, which is why I'm wondering why they even bother to ask...thoughts, anyone?
You could make a ton of reasons on why they would ask you that, just put yourself in their shoes. Make a list of the reasons and eliminate all but one of them, the last one being the most sensible one. That's probably it.

I think you're thinking about it too much though, doubt it means anything significant other than they want to know

You could make a ton of reasons on why they would ask you that, just put yourself in their shoes. Make a list of the reasons and eliminate all but one of them, the last one being the most sensible one. That's probably it.

I think you're thinking about it too much though, doubt it means anything significant other than they want to know
Lol okay, thanks for your input (or lack thereof...). I've already used a few successful answers for the question in my interviews. I'm just wondering how the answer might affect their assessment of us as applicants

Lol okay, thanks for your input (or lack thereof...). I've already used a few successful answers for the question in my interviews. I'm just wondering how the answer might affect their assessment of us as applicants
lol sorry, I'm buddhist, so I don't really put a lot of attachment to these kinds of things, even though they're pretty curious at the time of happening.

If you want a regular person answer, maybe they want to see where you've applied to know if you would really be committed to perhaps moving to a faraway place for graduate school.

It's tempting to say they want to see how dedicated you are to the school, but I don't think that's the reason.

But hey, who cares? It doesn't matter anymore.

lol sorry, I'm buddhist, so I don't really put a lot of attachment to these kinds of things, even though they're pretty curious at the time of happening.

If you want a regular person answer, maybe they want to see where you've applied to know if you would really be committed to perhaps moving to a faraway place for graduate school.

It's tempting to say they want to see how dedicated you are to the school, but I don't think that's the reason.

But hey, who cares? It doesn't matter anymore.
Buddhism is pretty awesome, but irrelevant to my question. Besides, if you "don't really put a lot of attachment" to the question, I'm not sure why you bothered to answer. Though it may not matter to you, I'm still curious to hear others' opinions.

Buddhism is pretty awesome, but irrelevant to my question. Besides, if you "don't really put a lot of attachment" to the question, I'm not sure why you bothered to answer. Though it may not matter to you, I'm still curious to hear others' opinions.
You should be honest and answer the question as it was asked. There is no such thing as "successful answer".

@FunnyPharm2019 In one of my interviews I was asked if I had interviewed elsewhere. I was honest in saying I had interviewed at UCSF already.
When the interviewer followed up by asking me if I would still go their program if I got into UCSF, I said that I wasn't sure because I didn't have any acceptances yet, but that I was still very interested in attending the interviewer's school etc.
I did not tell them that they weren't my top school and that I would rather go to UCSF if I got into both, so to some extent I was vague.
I think their purpose for asking at this interview felt like a "trap" to see if I was committed to going to the program. It was fairly late in their rolling admissions cycle so they might have been narrowing people down more but I'm not sure. Interestingly, we actually talked briefly during the interview about how UCSF was an MMI and how I felt about that.
In the end what I think mattered was that I continued to express interest in their program even when asked about other programs, and I got an acceptance offer from them as well.
@blueberry100 Unless it's changed, I don't believe schools can see anything except for where else you've received a full acceptance offer. They don't see interview offers or where else you've applied. A section in the PharmCAS instructions talks about this.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive an email from CERTIPHI asking for background check?

Did anyone receive an email from CERTIPHI asking for background check?
Did Certiphi already for another school, hopefully it rolls over.

I don't think UCSF is gonna request that unless you're admitted.

Did Certiphi already for another school, hopefully it rolls over.

I don't think UCSF is gonna request that unless you're admitted.
It depends, The pharmcas certiphi is accepted by many, but some school do a seperate certiphi I have come to find out $$$$

Unless it's changed, I don't believe schools can see anything except for where else you've received a full acceptance offer. They don't see interview offers or where else you've applied. A section in the PharmCAS instructions talks about this.

Do you know if a school takes that into account when making a decision? Like, "Oh i see that they got into SD, so I'm more likely to accept him/her over another person that didn't get in there."

Do you know if a school takes that into account when making a decision? Like, "Oh i see that they got into SD, so I'm more likely to accept him/her over another person that didn't get in there."
They won't do that, files aren't shared

UCSD acceptances came out today...that means it's only a matter of time guys!!

Lol okay that makes sense...sucks for those who applied to both!