UCSF class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If not this coming week, then definitely the next

Members don't see this ad.

UGH THE WAIT IS SO AGONIZING. my future is in their hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe all schools don't coordinate this...this is a financial nightmare already. Have to decide putting a non-refundable downpayment on another school by this Wednesday. looks like I'm not going to know about UCSF before then :/

I can't believe all schools don't coordinate this...this is a financial nightmare already. Have to decide putting a non-refundable downpayment on another school by this Wednesday. looks like I'm not going to know about UCSF before then :/
It sucks, but you definitely could have started saving enough money way earlier in the year.

YNAB

UCSF said they will let everyone know on April 1st.

Keep your chins up guys! Just 1-2 more weeks and we'll all know for sure :) Try finding ways to distract yourself and have fun during this time! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your chins up guys! Just 1-2 more weeks and we'll all know for sure :) Try finding ways to distract yourself and have fun during this time! :)
It's been so long that I already forgot how my interview went

Reactions: 1 user
Since I've had some downtime lately (and because I'm freaking out about UCSF still), I went through the past few years' threads on SDN to record dates of first acceptances, waitlist finalization, denials, and notes. I thought I'd share them here.

Of course, the information was collected only from what was mentioned in SDN posts and should in no way be assumed to account for all the data on UCSF Pharm admissions.

(No tables so text only format)

Class of 2018
Application cycle: 2013-2014
First date of acceptance (on SDN): 3.16.14 Sun
Second date of acceptance: 3.18.14 Tues
Third date of acceptance: 3.20.14 Thurs
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.21.14 Fri
(Possible) Fifth date of acceptance: 3.25.14 Tues
Waitlist Notified: 3.24.14 Mon
First date of denial: 3.18.14 Tues
Second date of denial: 3.24.14 Mon

Notes: Email sent from [email protected]

Class of 2017
Application cycle: 2012-2013
First date of acceptance: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of acceptance: 3.22.13 Fri
Third date of acceptance: 3.25.13 Mon
Waitlist Notified: 3.25.13 Mon
First date of denial: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of denial: 3.25.13 Mon

Class of 2016
Application cycle: 2011-2012
First date of acceptance: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of acceptance: 3.08.12 Thurs
Third date of acceptance: 3.12.12 Mon
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.15.12 Thurs
Fifth date of acceptance: 3.16.12 Fri
Waitlist Notified: 3.19.12 Mon
First date of denial: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of denial: 3.15.12 Thurs

Notes: email subject line "UCSF Application Status".
Notes: Acceptance email first line "I am pleased to inform you that..."

Based on the last two application cycles' data, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until more towards next week :dead:

Reactions: 3 users
Good stuff Sammael. Also, rejections and denials are probably underreported on this forum.

Looks like the range of days from the first acceptance to the last is 9, according to C/O 2018. Weird how the first one came out on a Sunday though

I just received a rejection around 1:30pm today :(

Good luck to the rest of the applicants!

Accepted literally like 1/2 second ago!
SO EXCITED!!!
I have an incredible amoutn of adrenaline right now
OMG

Reactions: 8 users
And so it begins...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH CHECKED LIKE FIVE MINS AGOOOO

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Are you guys all California residents? I wonder if they send out the in-state acceptances first...

Are you guys all California residents? I wonder if they send out the in-state acceptances first...
I'm a California resident and I have not heard back yet. I'm not sure why they send out acceptances/denials during a span of a week versus all at once.

For those who were accepted, may I ask when your interview days were?

I received my acceptance yesterday. I interviewed on February 6th and am an out of state resident. Best of luck to you all, if not at UCSF, then on your successful training elsewhere, and career as a pharmacist.

Last edited:
I was also just accepted today! I'm in-state and interviewed Feb 6th.

Ditto on what hrunners15 said-- best of luck to all of you!

Got my acceptance this morning!

In-state applicant, interviewed on Feb 6th.

Best of luck to all of you as well!

Accepted! in-state, Jan 23 interview. hello future pharm phrends

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when the last day they are going to send out acceptances is?

Accepted! :)
GL everyone!!

I was accepted! Still can't believe it.

Interviewed on 1/31, in-state applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
accepted! :D interviewed jan 23 in state

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Out-of-State. Received Email on 3/16/15 at 2:00PM! Can't wait to start this fall. Is there a Facebook page so we can get know one another!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Out-of-State. Received Email on 3/16/15 at 2:00PM! Can't wait to start this fall. Is there a Facebook page so we can get know one another!
there is! I'm on my phone so I can't figure out how to link to it but it's called Class of 2019 - UCSF School of Pharmacy...I'm sure it will pop up if you search that name. it's a closed group but the admins seem pretty active about accepting requests to join

Hi, All. Have you gotten access to the student portal? I am trying to submit the Statement of Legal Residence. The instruction on the websites is "Once you receive a letter from the Office of the Registrar advising you how you can access the student portal, you will be able to submit your Statement of Legal Residence." Do we get the access after the Office of the Registrar receives our $100 registration fee? Thanks.

Hi, just a quick question

Did everyone already withdraw acceptance from other schools?

Hi, just a quick question

Did everyone already withdraw acceptance from other schools?
yes...I think I remember reading somewhere that you must decline other offers within 2 weeks or Ucsf will rescind their acceptance. do it!!