UCSF Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhb10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am curious what university grant aid at UCSF SOM is like. More specifically, if they have a "unit loan" amount (max amount of loans a student must take before receiving grant ("free money") aid or what the max % of tuition grant aid might cover. Tuition is about $32,000 for in-state students -- would a low-income student expect to get 1/2 of that or even close to 100% of that?

A few schools post this information on their websites, but I didn't come across anything on UCSF's page.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am curious what university grant aid at UCSF SOM is like. More specifically, if they have a "unit loan" amount (max amount of loans a student must take before receiving grant ("free money") aid or what the max % of tuition grant aid might cover. Tuition is about $32,000 for in-state students -- would a low-income student expect to get 1/2 of that or even close to 100% of that?

A few schools post this information on their websites, but I didn't come across anything on UCSF's page.

No unit loan. The amount of need aid fluctuates from year to year depending on the budget. Some really low income students have qualified for some grants/scholarships previously, but who knows what they may offer this year.

No unit loan. The amount of need aid fluctuates from year to year depending on the budget. Some really low income students have qualified for some grants/scholarships previously, but who knows what they may offer this year.

Thanks C@lidoc! Ok, I understand.

If anyone else has any insight, I'd appreciate the input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @dhb10, you posted in the wrong forum again! Maybe a mod like @Ismet could be so kind as to move this to the current SSD forum?

Financial aid is a hard thing to predict as it is so heterogeneous even within a school. If you can't find out more from the financial aid office on the phone, I think you might just have to wait for your award letter.

Hey @dhb10, you posted in the wrong forum again! Maybe a mod like @Ismet could be so kind as to move this to the current SSD forum?

Financial aid is a hard thing to predict as it is so heterogeneous even within a school. If you can't find out more from the financial aid office on the phone, I think you might just have to wait for your award letter.

Ah man, my bad!! I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site :/

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the help though! Yeah, it is a difficult thing to predict.