UCSF IDP interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mim14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any updates on UCSF IDP 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invite today at 6.10 pm PST

Does anyone knows how many students are invited to UCSF for interview?

i received an invite today too , anyone knows what they ask ?

Any female interested in sharing accommodation? Please p.m. me.

Last edited:
Any female interested in sharing accommodation? Please p.m. me. I live around 50 miles from San Francisco, so will have my own car which we can share.
Hi ddsluck Im interested in sharing accomodation. Can u plzz let me know the details. Please p.m me. Thank you.

Is UCSF done? Or is there any chance they send invites today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got a rejection mail??? Or they are going to send invitation mails only???

Hi, can anyone enlighten about the bench test exercises for UCSF, what preparations are asked most commonly?
Thanks!

Any female interested in sharing accommodation? Please p.m. me. I live around 50 miles from San Francisco, so will have my own car which we can share.
hey! wanna get in touch regarding the interview?

I would also like info on the bench test exercises and the rest of the interview info if anyone has any to share. Thanks!

I would also like info on the bench test exercises and the rest of the interview info if anyone has any to share. Thanks!
They will ask fgc and pfm. Details will be in the mail that they sent you. You will 3 hrs for 2 preps and 4 days to practice from 6 pm to 12. Interview is very relaxing. All the best

Do we get to practice in UCSF? Do they have staff at that time to help us?

Yes. You will practice at the same place and on the same manekin on which you will have exam

Thanks mim14. The timing you said is from 6 pm to 12 midnight? Did you have a chance at the testing yourself or you are talking from others' experiences?

Yes that was the time last year. I interviewed there last year.

Does anyone here know what time we begin the interview process on the 11th? Not sure whether to fly out on the 10th or 11th morning now.

Yes that was the time last year. I interviewed there last year.

Thanks mim14 for the useful information. Hope we get the packet soon, so that we can plan the stay, etc.

Hi DDSluck im looking to share accomodation. Please pm me

Do you have any idea if they are done with sending out invites?
Do they call more batches after this?
And do they send rejection nail as well?

i received an invite today too , anyone knows what they ask ?
2014 They asked for Full Gold crown on #19 and PFM on #7. The PFM could be given on #7 or #9. Manikin has cheeks, they were not too concerned last year with scratches to the adjacent tooth, typodont was Kilgore hard gingiva, Exam time 3 hours. Good luck every one

Reactions: 1 user
Do we get to practice in UCSF? Do they have staff at that time to help us?
You should practice before you arrive at the exam. Either ask a local dentist for chair time or buy a compressor. If you want to be successful you will be ready.

Does anyone here know what time we begin the interview process on the 11th? Not sure whether to fly out on the 10th or 11th morning now.
Arrive the day before the exam. This way you have time to rest and prepare yourself for the interview.

Any female invited to both UCSF and UPacific and want to share accomodation? Please message me

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new on here. For UCSF interview, do we need to bring our own supplies? thank you

I got the packet today. They will give everything, you cannot use your own stuff except loupes ( if you want to use)

I got the packet today. They will give everything, you cannot use your own stuff except loupes ( if you want to use)
Please, can you share what is in the packet?I'm yet to receive mine

It starts at 8.30 am on the first day. 10.30 to 1.30 pm is technical exam. 1st day will end at 1.30 pm. 2nd day will have different programs till 1.30 followed by some interviews. They will be continued on the 3rd and 4th day. On 2nd day at 11 am Mary Pham will give us our interview timings. Packet also contains tooth prep steps.

It starts at 8.30 am on the first day. 10.30 to 1.30 pm is technical exam. 1st day will end at 1.30 pm. 2nd day will have different programs till 1.30 followed by some interviews. They will be continued on the 3rd and 4th day. On 2nd day at 11 am Mary Pham will give us our interview timings. Packet also contains tooth prep steps.
Thanks

which preps do they ask for?

Any two of the following:
Gold crown preps on lower or upper molar
PFM on upper central incisor, upper canine or lower canine

What are you guys going to wear for the interview... Does it have to be a totally formal dressing such as same color suits?

Hi, Any female willing to share an accommodation for UCSF interview, I am planning to reach California on 5th Oct.

Hey there,
I have also receive the invite by both email and mail.
Well, good luck to everyone and don't forget to be confident and simply yourself.

I am yet to receive my packet. Anyone else in same situation?

The packet does contain a list of hotels with their phone numbers but there is no mention of any discounts.

Hope you all have sent the technical exam fee. 25th is the last day.

If you've called for the packet at an international address it could take upto 2-3 weeks.

Hello everyone,

Will they ask only the preparations that were mentioned in the packet they sent or a different one? In the packet, they haven't mentioned anything related to the lateral incisor, but in 2014 they asked PFM on 7. Do we have to practice PFM on lateral incisors also? Please advise me guys.

Thanks in advance.