UCSF Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmersunite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT AND SUPER NERVOUS ABOUT INTERVIEWS AHHHHHH

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't.......yet LOL. The confirmation email they sent out says that they will send them anytime from mid Nov to early January ahhh.

I haven't.......yet LOL. The confirmation email they sent out says that they will send them anytime from mid Nov to early January ahhh.

i was freaking out when i read that too. the waiting sucks.

Just got invited to an interview!!! 1/22 is my date. Just got the e-mail now!

Congratulations! My interview date is also the 22nd. See you then!

Is everyone ready for their interview? I am so freak out for the MMI FORMAT.

don't freak out! the MMI is very straightforward. they aren't trying to trick you or make you do anything you've never encountered before. it's more about seeing how you would personally handle a situation in a "no right or wrong answer" sort of way. the less stressed you are, the more natural you will act. so, just be confident that your life experiences up to this point have prepared you for whatever they'll ask you!

source: I'm a current ucsf student

Members don't see this ad :)
don't freak out! the MMI is very straightforward. they aren't trying to trick you or make you do anything you've never encountered before. it's more about seeing how you would personally handle a situation in a "no right or wrong answer" sort of way. the less stressed you are, the more natural you will act. so, just be confident that your life experiences up to this point have prepared you for whatever they'll ask you!

:) I think i use the wrong tactic. I try to prepare some MMI question I seen online. The more I prepared, the more I am stressed out.............I think it is best to go "unprepared" and be yourself. The question will be difficult to predict anyway.

I have a quick question. Before your interview, did you prepare for the essay? I am using my pcat book to prep for it.

I have a quick question. Before your interview, did you prepare for the essay? I am using my pcat book to prep for it.
I did not really prepare for the essay. If you're a strong writer, you don't have much to worry about--the essay is mostly used to assess your written communication skills and it will be an opinion-based question, so again, no right or wrong answer. I guess if you really want to practice, you could look up some healthcare-related discussion topics and practice writing an opinion. just make sure you support your viewpoint with a clear argument or example.

also I remember all the essays at the 4 schools I applied to we're pretty similar, so if you've been on another interview already, you can expect pretty much the same thing

also I remember all the essays at the 4 schools I applied to we're pretty similar, so if you've been on another interview
also I remember all the essays at the 4 schools I applied to we're pretty similar, so if you've been on another interview already, you can expect pretty much the same thing
thx mine was today. It wasn't too bad. A pretty fair interview. MMI was actually fun but nerve wrecking as well

I think we also have higher chance get in this year. The applicant shrink a little bit from 1400 to 980.

I did not really prepare for the essay. If you're a strong writer, you don't have much to worry about--the essay is mostly used to assess your written communication skills and it will be an opinion-based question, so again, no right or wrong answer. I guess if you really want to practice, you could look up some healthcare-related discussion topics and practice writing an opinion. just make sure you support your viewpoint with a clear argument or example.
did you receive an email from ucsf a week or two before your interview with more details?

did you receive an email from ucsf a week or two before your interview with more details?
It is not a week. It is more like three days before the interview. Dont be nervous. There is truly no way to prepare for this. The interview is not typical interview format. They want u to be urself. The less stress u r, the better u will performance.

Hey all! Anyone from the 1/22 interview have any pearls of wisdom? I feel pretty ready, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case you all had anything to add, or at least share how you think you did! :) Hope all of you have the best of luck!

I think we got a pretty vague email a couple days before the interview, but the most helpful information was given on the day of the interview itself. You will start the day with a welcome/info session, in which the entire MMI process will be explained in detail. I believe they even show you a video with some examples

Hey all! Anyone from the 1/22 interview have any pearls of wisdom? I feel pretty ready, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case you all had anything to add, or at least share how you think you did! :) Hope all of you have the best of luck!
I second this! Haha. My interview is this Friday and I'm nervous! :(

Also, just out of curiosity, how many interviews are there? Mine is tomorrow, I've also heard of this Friday, this weekend, last Thur/Fri and the weekend, and then I thought some went into February (although I could be wrong on that one). Especially to @FunnyPharm2019 who seems to know a lot about the process having gone through it and potentially going to UCSF currently if I'm reading into your comments right, do you know are they doing all the interviews between last week and this week or are there more to come/more days that I just said.

It doesn't matter a lick in the long run, my curiosity was just piqued :)

honestly not sure, the process seems a bit different than last year, sorry!

Also, just out of curiosity, how many interviews are there? Mine is tomorrow, I've also heard of this Friday, this weekend, last Thur/Fri and the weekend, and then I thought some went into February (although I could be wrong on that one). Especially to @FunnyPharm2019 who seems to know a lot about the process having gone through it and potentially going to UCSF currently if I'm reading into your comments right, do you know are they doing all the interviews between last week and this week or are there more to come/more days that I just said.

It doesn't matter a lick in the long run, my curiosity was just piqued :)
I think they had five sessions. So two last week on Friday (1/22), another three this week. They interviewed total around 270 ish student. So it is about 40-50 student per interview session.

also, the session you get is based on where you live, i.e. there's a session of mostly SoCal applicants, one for NorCal, one for out-of-state, etc. so don't get to stressed about which session you get

Do we expect to hear back from ucsf early march or late march?

Finally March is here. 15 more days to go :)

March has finally arrived folks! We will all learn our fates soon. Please post if any news arrives :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you all read earlier class forums, but we might be hearing from them starting next week.

Based on last years forums, the first letters were sent out last year on March 15 and the year before was March 16. So hopefully we hear from them by next week. Keep strong :).

I'm sure you all read earlier class forums, but we might be hearing from them starting next week.

Based on last years forums, the first letters were sent out last year on March 15 and the year before was March 16. So hopefully we hear from them by next week. Keep strong :).
:) excited for next Friday. So far I had no luck for other Cali schools. Despite of tat, I have a high hope for ucsf. Keep strong!

I just hope they tell us soon because the deadlines to get back some of my deposits from other schools is slipping away. My poor money haha.

i feel you guys. i just sent in my 500 bucks deposit for another school. i am so broke. so broke.

nervous-gif.gif

Reactions: 1 users