2018 UCSF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ooh, looks like they have already begun gearing up for what to offer PharmD candidates who didn't or won't make the cut this year. They posted on their FB that their interprofessional health postbac program application cycle is now officially open as of today and ends on Sunday, April 6th…. FYI!

Would you consider this postbac program if you were denied?

Also, new entry up on Joel's blog. 4 minutes fresh

No, and i doubt much people would go for this if they were denied by UCSF. if someone was competitive enough to get an interview for UCSF, i would suspect they've gotten into other respectable schools. UCSF is definitely a great school, but it's not the only place to pursue a pharm degree and get a good education. Just my two cents. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ooh, looks like they have already begun gearing up for what to offer PharmD candidates who didn't or won't make the cut this year. They posted on their FB that their interprofessional health postbac program application cycle is now officially open as of today and ends on Sunday, April 6th…. FYI!

Would you consider this postbac program if you were denied?

Also, new entry up on Joel's blog. 4 minutes fresh

Nope. Just go to my back up school(s) (haven't decided yet since I'm banking on SF....)

Reactions: 1 user
i feel like joel is reading all of this and cackling at us...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Joining late...at least now I know I'm not the only one losing my mind

On the bright side, at least those waiting haven't received denials yet :( :nailbiting:

Edit: And, from stalking last year's forum, it looks like they sent acceptances/denials through the weekend!

Last edited:
On the bright side, at least those waiting haven't received denials yet :( :nailbiting:

Edit: And, from stalking last year's forum, it looks like they sent acceptances/denials through the weekend!
Yeah. Joel said they have sent acceptances and denials so far. He didn't say how many though :/

Here's to another day of checking our emails every 20 seconds! Come on, big money big money no whammies!

Reactions: 3 users
1 hour 24 minutes left until they go to lunch.... I can't believe Joel said they're ahead of schedule even though so many of us are still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
But so many people in this forum received acceptance letter, while no one received denial so far.
I don't think 4-5 people is a lot considering there are 122 spots. The thread for UCSD had like 10 people saying they were accepted when most of the acceptances went out, so I would expect to hear at least that many for UCSF. DON'T LOSE HOPE!! I haven't :)

I don't think 4-5 people is a lot considering there are 122 spots. The thread for UCSD had like 10 people saying they were accepted when most of the acceptances went out, so I would expect to hear at least that many for UCSF. DON'T LOSE HOPE!! I haven't :)
Ok. I will force myself to review one chapter of biochem before I come back to check again. ;)

I've kinda lost all hope. People found out 5 days ago. This is so unfair. :'(

I've kinda lost all hope. People found out 5 days ago. This is so unfair. :'(
Are you feeling this way because of the results in the forum or because you feel like you don't deserve to be accepted? Honest question because all of us who haven't heard back are in the same situation, yet at the same time, I feel like I have a chance

Are you feeling this way because of the results in the forum or because you feel like you don't deserve to be accepted? Honest question because all of us who haven't heard back are in the same situation, yet at the same time, I feel like I have a chance
#realtalk #itsfriday #drinkup

Lol, I'm taking biochem too! I just had a midterm yesterday on enzyme kinetics.
We tested that part long time ago. We are doing glycolysis/gluconeogenesis/citric acid cycle now. Too many things to memorize...

Did you guys see the edit to Joel's blog post? Looks like we've still got all of next week to play the waiting game :)
Wow! If they don't send out anything by today, then I will take my dog to dog beach for fun everyday next week, leave anything like phone or ipad at home, no internet, nothing, pretending they have accepted me. ;)

I feel like I really deserve it!! It's because of the forum but also because my friend got in already. All I see is acceptances, which means there are less spots available thus giving me a lower chance of getting in etc.

I feel like I really deserve it!! It's because of the forum but also because my friend got in already. All I see is acceptances, which means there are less spots available thus giving me a lower chance of getting in etc.
Denial notifications have been sent out as per Joel's blog.

This means we're competing for less seats but with fewer people as well. I wouldn't say the disadvantage is TOO high, but it does exist. I would say we only get a disadvantage because the later the process gets, the more likely we are to be placed on to the waitlist.

Denial notifications have been sent out as per Joel's blog.

This means we're competing for less seats but with fewer people as well. I wouldn't say the disadvantage is TOO high, but it does exist. I would say we only get a disadvantage because the later the process gets, the more likely we are to be placed on to the waitlist.

I'd also like to add that this is assuming that all of our chances of getting admitted are equal. They are not. In the end, you should trust the admissions committee to make the right choice. You'll end up where you belong in life anyways. The only situation I can see where you might truly have been shafted is if you just had a really bad interview day and don't feel like it was representative of who you are and then get rejected as a result.

I'd also like to add that this is assuming that all of our chances of getting admitted are equal. They are not. In the end, you should trust the admissions committee to make the right choice. You'll end up where you belong in life anyways. The only situation I can see where you might truly have been shafted is if you just had a really bad interview day and don't feel like it was representative of who you are and then get rejected as a result.
Don't understand why so far we haven't heard anyone being rejected...

Don't understand why so far we haven't heard anyone being rejected...
Why would Joel lie? It could be one person, or it could be 10 people. Who knows.

It doesn't really matter at this point

I'm losing hope in hearing anything today... Guess I gotta wait until Monday.

Because if you were rejected you wouldn't be too thrilled to post it for everyone in the world to know.
Well, I will "quit" internet for a week to enjoy my spring break from now on.

Have fun and good luck to everyone.

I'm losing hope in hearing anything today... Guess I gotta wait until Monday.
Turn off cell phone, go somewhere without internet. Acceptance and rejection have been decided... Go back on April 1st to know the result directly. ;)

Questions you should ask yourself.
Did you write the personal statements to the best if your ability during the app ?
Did you give it your best shot during the Mmi interviews?
If you answered yes which you should if you were taking this school seriously. Then You should not worry about their decision. I went in and did my best and knowing that gives me comfort (I hope I get in tho )

UCSF did sent out rejection letters at the same time when they send out acceptance letters. So, people who haven't heard back yet, you don't need to worry. I got rejected from UCSF March 18th and my interview was on Feb 8th.

Reactions: 2 users
UCSF did sent out rejection letters at the same time when they send out acceptance letters. So, people who haven't heard back yet, you don't need to worry. I got rejected from UCSF March 18th and my interview was on Feb 8th.
Thanks for sharing that. I (and I'm sure many others ) appreciate it

Hmm... what if they have three piles: Accept, Maybes, and Rejects. And they sent out notifications to their accepts and rejects already and we're all the maybe pile. :thinking:

I think I am the only one checking this thread on a Saturday night. Sad life :thumbdown:

Holy crap! I got accepted! Just to let you guys know it is completely random when they send it... Mine was timestamped at 4:20 this morning. Sunday morning wtf. Hang in there!

Holy crap! I got accepted! Just to let you guys know it is completely random when they send it... Mine was timestamped at 4:20 this morning. Sunday morning wtf. Hang in there!
For some reason, I don't believe you. I also find it odd that you were accepted to UCSD at 3AM.

Last edited:
For some reason, I don't believe you. I also find it odd that you were accepted to UCSD at 3AM.
Maybe they send the emails through one of those do not reply email systems and his email just gets them at that time? Or maybe he's trying to fck up everyone's weekend? Lol