2018 UCSF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my acceptance this morning, too!!! I received the email at 10 am. Also, mine says "provisionally accepted" but doesn't say specifics.. Anyone else's say the same?

Good luck everyone on your future endeavors in pharmacy!

Members don't see this ad.

I received mine 8 days ago and it also said "provisionally accepted". I received another email the next day stating "important steps to take immediately" such as registration deposit fee, background check, etc...just follow the requirements and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says the same. I got like two emails right after I accepted and a 3rd email from Joel. So a total of 4 UCSF emails in a matter of 15 mins-ish.
I only got one. I showed that 5:39am, but I checked my email after 9:30am (wake up too late). I didn't receive any other email so far.

I MUST BE DREAMING!!!!! I just got ACCEPTED!!!! ... I'm going to cry!! :')

Got my acceptance. It was long overdue. Hope the rest of the people here who haven't heard anything stay strong. Hopefully you will hear good news. For those of you who got in, see you guys in September.

Reactions: 1 users
I received mine 8 days ago and it also said "provisionally accepted". I received another email the next day stating "important steps to take immediately" such as registration deposit fee, background check, etc...just follow the requirements and you'll be fine.
Do they run your background check now or when you first applied ?

Yes they run it after you're accepted. Unless you got offered admissions elsewhere and that school also used certiphi for background, then they won't run another check and will use that data. Gives you sometime to break **** and not get punished for it. Just kidding.

AHHHHH I'M IN TOO!!!! HAPPIEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm glad I had a backup plan in case I didn't get in. It's a lot closer to home and more affordable, but it really doesn't matter, because I got in! Woohoo!

Someone pleasee make a Facebook group! I'm so excited to meet you guys! Although I noticed in last year's UCSF group, it looked like everyone was added by Joel. So maybe the school makes the group?

I believe an FB group has already been made here.

Do any of you know how the course changing stuff works. So say you took a pre req earlier than planned, and also dropped a class that you did not list as a UCSF pre req and just added a few seminars to meet graduation requirements, would I have to report this to UCSF? I initially didn't think so since none of the changes affected the pre reqs I reported on my supplemental app but now I'm not so sure... I'm currently on the wait list btw

You should probably just do the academic update in full to be safe. Good luck getting off the waitlist!

You should probably just do the academic update in full to be safe. Good luck getting off the waitlist!
Yeah I probably will just update it the best I can and I sent them my transcripts as well just in case. Thanks! I'm hoping they will start notifying us about some movement soon next week!

Do any of you know how the course changing stuff works. So say you took a pre req earlier than planned, and also dropped a class that you did not list as a UCSF pre req and just added a few seminars to meet graduation requirements, would I have to report this to UCSF? I initially didn't think so since none of the changes affected the pre reqs I reported on my supplemental app but now I'm not so sure... I'm currently on the wait list btw

I asked Joel about this, and he said that if you listed a class down in either your pharmcas or ucsf application, they expect you to take those classes. If you don't, they want to know about it, and will approve or reject the changes in coursework as they see fit. He said that they may or may not have taken those courses into consideration when they made an offer of admission, regardless of if they were prerequisites or not. So yeah I would definitely let them know!

PS I just declined my offer (regretfully), and I'm sure some others have as well, so hopefully you'll hear some good news soon! :)

I asked Joel about this, and he said that if you listed a class down in either your pharmcas or ucsf application, they expect you to take those classes. If you don't, they want to know about it, and will approve or reject the changes in coursework as they see fit. He said that they may or may not have taken those courses into consideration when they made an offer of admission, regardless of if they were prerequisites or not. So yeah I would definitely let them know!

PS I just declined my offer (regretfully), and I'm sure some others have as well, so hopefully you'll hear some good news soon! :)
Thanks! I'm doing the update right now! (hopefully they "approve" it otherwise I'm kinda screwed, but I don't see why one course would make or break my application)

Does anyone know how many people have moved off the wait list in recent years?

I know UCSF mentions as low as three to as many as 48, but I suspect recent years are more telling. Also, does moving off the wait list include only people who accepted admissions or does it include people who moved off the wait list because they chose to remove themselves and/or were contacted and turned down admissions?

I know this is extremely nit picky but I am just trying to get as good of a sense of my chances as I plan for my future as I have not been accepted anywhere yet...

Does anyone know how many people have moved off the wait list in recent years?

I know UCSF mentions as low as three to as many as 48, but I suspect recent years are more telling. Also, does moving off the wait list include only people who accepted admissions or does it include people who moved off the wait list because they chose to remove themselves and/or were contacted and turned down admissions?

I know this is extremely nit picky but I am just trying to get as good of a sense of my chances as I plan for my future as I have not been accepted anywhere yet...
Yes, people have been getting in from the waitlist. I don't know their ranks though. According to fb, there are only 4 more spots left in our class.