UCSF preceptorship program Spring Module 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied for a UCSF preceptorship program starting April 1, 2015. It's been 3 months and I haven't heard anything back. I only received confirmation email for documents 2 weeks after applying.
Has anybody else applied to these programs? Any news so far?
Do they always interview applicants? If so, when do they usually start inviting people?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi..can you please suggest me what is better: doing preceptorship at any university or doing shadowing at private clinic?
I know you would be expecting any reply for your query from anyone having idea about it and I am not being able to reply about your question, asking you to answer for my query...but it would really make my mind clear about what I should do further!
Thanks in advance!

Hi..can you please suggest me what is better: doing preceptorship at any university or doing shadowing at private clinic?
I know you would be expecting any reply for your query from anyone having idea about it and I am not being able to reply about your question, asking you to answer for my query...but it would really make my mind clear about what I should do further!
Thanks in advance!
It depends. Both shadowing and preceptorship are valuable. Preceptorship has the advantage of involving with academic environment and possibility of getting a good recommendation. With shadowing you can obtainUS experience and a recommendation letter without paying any money.

Members don't see this ad :)
@dentgold : ohk.thank you!
I would like to know one more thing..do you have any idea whether one can do preceptorship on visitor visa?

@dentgold : ohk.thank you!
I would like to know one more thing..do you have any idea whether one can do preceptorship on visitor visa?
Yes you can. Upon acceptance you can change your visa status. At least this is what UCSF says in their website.