UCSF question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoshBerkeley

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering about the 2 semesters of general chemistry... I took an inorganic course, two organic courses, and biochem... These were the premed requirements, and no one i knew took an additional inorganic chemistry course, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the courses I took satisfy the requirements for UCSF... It doesn't look like they do but it seems like the requirements dont fit with the Berkeley curriculum. Any advice, besides calling the school? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

JoshBerkeley said:
wondering about the 2 semesters of general chemistry... I took an inorganic course, two organic courses, and biochem... These were the premed requirements, and no one i knew took an additional inorganic chemistry course, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the courses I took satisfy the requirements for UCSF... It doesn't look like they do but it seems like the requirements dont fit with the Berkeley curriculum. Any advice, besides calling the school? Thank you
I believe you need two semesters of gc and one semester of oc. Biochem you can take when you are in.

JoshBerkeley said:

My friend who is a 4th year at UCSF right now graduated from Cal with me with a degree in MCB. He took the equivalent of chem 1b at a JC after he graduated to qualify for UCSF dental. I knew a lot of people that took chem 5 while at Cal, most of them for pharm, but the only people i knew that too chem 1b were chem e.