UF application is complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmkraus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from the UF COP that said "Your application is complete. We will finish the admissions process by the end of May. You will receive a decision letter by mail. Thank you very much for your patience." I was wondering, do they send this email to everyone on the day before the deadline or did I just get it because my application just happened to be completed today. I submitted my pharmcas app back in late december. Also, if anyone received this email awhile ago, how long after did it take for them to send you an interview request?

Members don't see this ad.

i called and asked if my application was complete, they told me to send an email asking. i sent the email. got that same email you received. that was about 2 weeks ago and i havent heard from UF yet. i sent my Pharmcas in december and my supplementals in early january.

I never received an email stating my application was complete. I also know they have sent some of us interview letters already.

Members don't see this ad :)
they emailed me like 2-3 months ago saying my app. was complete

I received that same email this past weekend. I haven’t heard anything about an interview yet.

I also received the same email. They told me that I needed to wait now.

rom what ive heard you prob should have received an interview invite by now
but theyre only interview the top candidates, so

well they dont have rolling admissions, and the deadline is today so there's no way everyone has been requested for an interview already. from what i've been told, they evaluate applications in groups based on the day they were completed. they take all the applications completed on a certain day and break them into smaller groups and then select a percentage for admission. i wouldn't worry if you haven't gotten a letter yet.

I also received a similar email a few weeks after the application was complete. It seems unprofessional how UF keeps you in the dark. As far as I am concerned, they are cut.

i cant cut UF, it's the only place i applied.

I also received a similar email a few weeks after the application was complete. It seems unprofessional how UF keeps you in the dark. As far as I am concerned, they are cut.

What do you expect them to do? They let you know that they have everything they need. What more do you want? They can't write every single person out of the thousands of applicants to give you daily updates. The committee who review the applications are pharmacy professors who are also teaching classes, talking with existing students, etc. They'll let you know soon enough if they want to interview you.

Applied to UF. Between PharmCAS and UF COP, this is one of the most confusing processes I have ever been through.

Hey guys, I completed my application in mid-October and I never got an email stating my application was complete nor an interview request. Kinda scared!!?! I have a gpa of 3.2 and pcat 72... is that too low?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I completed my application in mid-October and I never got an email stating my application was complete nor an interview request. Kinda scared!!?! I have a gpa of 3.2 and pcat 72... is that too low?

If anything I'd say it's borderline. I think last years avg GPA was around 3.6 and PCAT was in the low 90s. Every year is getting more and more competitive too. I started fall 2006 and I had a PCAT of 82 and Science GPA around 3.6-3.7 (it's been awhile so i don't know exact number). I can't believe how competitive it gets every year too. Good luck!

UF doesn't look at total GPA, they only look at your GPA for their prerequisites. For last year's entering class the average GPA was 3.5 and the average PCAT was 86. The GPAs ranged from 3.3 to 4.0. So, recalculate your GPA counting only those math & science classes that UF requires (include lab grades) and see where you are. If you are at the low end, then you'll need a better PCAT score.

just to let you all know, I got the email saying my app was complete on jan 31, and i just received my invitation for an interview for march 9 at the gville campus today. dont be discouraged if you haven't gotten your interview request yet, they are still be sent out.

UF doesn't look at total GPA, they only look at your GPA for their prerequisites. For last year's entering class the average GPA was 3.5 and the average PCAT was 86. The GPAs ranged from 3.3 to 4.0. So, recalculate your GPA counting only those math & science classes that UF requires (include lab grades) and see where you are. If you are at the low end, then you'll need a better PCAT score.

Do they still look at the courses an applicant takes in addition to those requirements?

I'm a 5th-year senior, so I have a lot more courses. I have around a 3.535 GPA based on Florida's criteria, but I would think they would consider what I did afterwards. That part scares me a little as I took more difficult courses...:scared:

Do they still look at the courses an applicant takes in addition to those requirements?

I'm a 5th-year senior, so I have a lot more courses. I have around a 3.535 GPA based on Florida's criteria, but I would think they would consider what I did afterwards. That part scares me a little as I took more difficult courses...:scared:

Sure, they will look at what you've taken, but the only GPA they consider is the UF math/science GPA. I know they look to see if you've taken microbiology & biochemistry. It's on their evaluation sheet.

well since it's approaching the end of february, I'm still apprehensive about my application to uf.. since according to uf's prepharmacy club, a lot of students have already got requests for interviews already, and I HAVEN'T, which means I probably don't rank high enough to get in here.. :( seriously, after looking at my gpa and pcat they probably laughed out loud and went to say this b*tch is STUUU-PIDDDD!! uughh, life sucks.

I got the email stating my application was complete on January 12th, and received an invite to interview on January 20th. The interview date was for March 9th, but I have already accepted at Midwestern CPG. Florida seems to allow a lot of time for interviews since they state you'll hear something by May, so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

well since it's approaching the end of february, I'm still apprehensive about my application to uf.. since according to uf's prepharmacy club, a lot of students have already got requests for interviews already, and I HAVEN'T, which means I probably don't rank high enough to get in here.. :( seriously, after looking at my gpa and pcat they probably laughed out loud and went to say this b*tch is STUUU-PIDDDD!! uughh, life sucks.

your gpa and pcat are deff. below the UF averages. i hope you had some great references and extras. i think the only interviews are march 2 and 9.

i have an interview for march 9th. has anyone had the interview for the january date? if so, how was it and when do you hear if you are accepted? thanks.