UF c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So starting tomorrow (most people found out Tuesday last year), I will be a complete headcase! :eek::scared:
Anyone else? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

hey! for everyone expecting their packet i just got mine saturday - it was a regular business envelope and just had a copy of the email they sent and the form to sign by april 15th. They also sent it to my current address at school and not my permanent address. Im in gainesville so if you're out of town/state you'll probably get yours in a few days :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you also receive an email or just the interview letter in the mail? I'm going crazy waiting.....

Hey guys, I heard a rumor around the vet school that interview invites are going out tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true, though...

Hey guys, I heard a rumor around the vet school that interview invites are going out tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true, though...

Bearby, If they don't go out tomorrow, I'm going to find you and..... :diebanana:

:p

Did you also receive an email or just the interview letter in the mail? I'm going crazy waiting.....

No, Im just going off my rocker waiting for the email for an interview! I hope they go out tomorrow. Im seriously losing my cool. Ive already got 2 rejections in the bank, and this is my IS school. AH!

:xf:Good luck to all my other (future, possible) gators!:luck:

Thank YOU Thundercatfish :thumb up: I was beginning to think I was alone... GOOD LUCK to all of us that are still awaiting a response :xf:

Hey guys, I heard a rumor around the vet school that interview invites are going out tomorrow.

really?! ahhhh i'm going to die tomorrow...

Last edited:
CHECK YOUR EMAILS!!!!!!!!!

Interview invite!!!!!!!! :soexcited::highfive::clap::nod::hello::claps::D:hardy:

Glad I didn't lie to you guys with my rumor-hearing

No email :( I really wanted Florida. Anyone know if they're done sending out invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
No email :( I really wanted Florida. Anyone know if they're done sending out invites?

I'm not sure NStarz. Either way, keep your chin up... you're doing great this cycle! You should be so proud of yourself! :) Hope you hear something soon!

So excited to be interviewing at Florida! I have an interview for the 4th but really need one for the 11th, hoping someone needs to switch! :)

No email. I guess this is rejection number 4. Two to go. Depressing.

When I saw the letter I assumed it was a thanks, but no thanks letter. I couldn't even breath for about 2 minutes when I saw that it was an invite.

I just talked to Ms. Chapparo about 30 mins ago on the phone and asked her when interview invitations would be going out (before I knew they were going out today) and she said between today and tomorrow. So...I don't know if all the invitations have been sent out, or if there's more to come. I haven't heard anything yet...anyone else know anything??

IS invite on 2/4. best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear from UF.

Just got an email--apparently I've been made an alternate for FL interviews. I'm pretty hopeful at this point because I know people are going to turn down their invites :) I'm so happy it's not a rejection at this point.

Just got an email--apparently I've been made an alternate for FL interviews. I'm pretty hopeful at this point because I know people are going to turn down their invites :) I'm so happy it's not a rejection at this point.

I'm on the alternate list, too! Just got that email. I feel so much better now. At least a small ray of hope, right? :)

I got the wait list for an interview last year and didn't get called off but know a couple people who did. So there is hope!

Also to say something for going to packet review. I went last year with Johnathan and I made all the changes he said to make and I got an invite this year so they do work!

Got an interview!! I'll be there on the 4th. I know I don't post much (even though I've been checking SDN obsessively), but I hope to meet some of you there!

So excited to be interviewing at Florida! I have an interview for the 4th but really need one for the 11th, hoping someone needs to switch! :)

I need an interview for the 4th and got one for the 11th...hopefully they switch us!

I need an interview for the 4th and got one for the 11th...hopefully they switch us!

Awesome, thanks for letting me know CapHerbalista!!! You just have to call the office and let Jonathan Orsini know :) Hopefully I'll be getting an email from him soon! What is your interview time?

Awesome, thanks for letting me know CapHerbalista!!! You just have to call the office and let Jonathan Orsini know :) Hopefully I'll be getting an email from him soon! What is your interview time?

I already emailed him...and he sent a scary reply about not being able to guarantee me an interview if I needed to switch...but I feel better now that I know someone else has to! It's at 4:30. What about yours?

I already emailed him...and he sent a scary reply about not being able to guarantee me an interview if I needed to switch...but I feel better now that I know someone else has to! It's at 4:30. What about yours?

Mine is at 11:30 :)

Congrats to everyone who got interview invites! If you're not from the area, I suggest you take up the school's offer of letting a current student house you while you're in Gainesville. It's a good way to get an idea of the school and the town plus we 2015ers are pretty awesome. Anyway, good luck in the coming weeks! I will probably be housing people and/or helping on interview days so I will see some of you guys then!

So after a night of "sleeping on it" and coming down off of cloud nine, I just want to say...
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::soexcited::biglove::zip::nod::claps::highfive::hardy: :D
...maybe I still have a little farther to come down ;)

Just of of curiosity...would anyone who got an interview or early acceptance be willing to post any of your stats (GRE, GPA, experience, etc.)? Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything from UF, and I was just wondering if maybe it was my grades or something else. Thanks!

Just of of curiosity...would anyone who got an interview or early acceptance be willing to post any of your stats (GRE, GPA, experience, etc.)? Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything from UF, and I was just wondering if maybe it was my grades or something else. Thanks!

PMed you

Hi fellow UF hopefulls! I got my invite today and have been freaking all afternoon. I'M SO EXCITED! Thank you to the posters who did early interviews and shared about their experience. This is my first application cycle/interview and as excited as I am about the interview I must admit it is sooooo nice to hear about how it went for others.

Does anybody have any additional advice or insight into the interview process at UF?
Can't wait for Feb. 4th!! Yippee!

Hi fellow UF hopefulls! I got my invite today and have been freaking all afternoon. I'M SO EXCITED! Thank you to the posters who did early interviews and shared about their experience. This is my first application cycle/interview and as excited as I am about the interview I must admit it is sooooo nice to hear about how it went for others.

Does anybody have any additional advice or insight into the interview process at UF?
Can't wait for Feb. 4th!! Yippee!

I would google some behavioral questions and know of a couple main current events that are going on. Overall, I thought it was pretty relaxed. They all had questions for me and went through them...they had my file in front of them in a closed folder, but they hadn't really looked at it (so they said) so I did talk some about some of the activities that were on there so they got to know me a bit. my first question was the 'tell me about yourself' question, so be comfortable with that. :)

I was wondering...does anyone have any idea how long the waitlist for interviews is? Any other wait-listers, or successful interview wait-listers from previous years, willing to share their stats? Just trying to get as much information as possible without bothering the admissions office too much.

I was wondering...does anyone have any idea how long the waitlist for interviews is? Any other wait-listers, or successful interview wait-listers from previous years, willing to share their stats? Just trying to get as much information as possible without bothering the admissions office too much.

Jonathon Orsini is very helpful in giving you your odds of getting off the waitlist. He won't give you an exact number, but he can give you your approximate chances.

For those that have interviewed already (and 2015ers), how did you like the panel of 3 interviewers compared to individual interviewers? This will be my first interview, so I'll have nothing to compare it to... but the panel of three freaks me out a little. I feel like I would be more comfortable with a one-on-one interview- but I was wondering how other people felt about it. Thanks!

Yay!!! I can't believe I was actually offered an interview this year! I'm OOS and figured this was a long shot, but woo hoo!! (How many exclamation points can I possibly fit into one post...?)

This will be my second interview--my first was at Kansas State and also had three interviewers. I felt very relaxed and positive about having multiple people ask me questions, so I'm hoping it'll be the same at UF. I would definitely suggest having questions ready to ask them at the end of the interview.

For those that have interviewed already (and 2015ers), how did you like the panel of 3 interviewers compared to individual interviewers? This will be my first interview, so I'll have nothing to compare it to... but the panel of three freaks me out a little. I feel like I would be more comfortable with a one-on-one interview- but I was wondering how other people felt about it. Thanks!

I did 3 interviews and all of them were with more than one person. In two of them, there were 3 interviewers, in the other, there were 2. They split up the questions among the three people so you're answering a few questions from each person. Don't be intimidated, I actually like this because it means that even if you feel like maybe one of the interviewers doesn't really like you (you sometimes get a good cop bad cop kind of thing going on...at least I did) you still have two other people that may think you're awesome. If you were one-on-one, if the person you were with didn't mesh with you, you'd be pretty much screwed.

Jonathon Orsini is very helpful in giving you your odds of getting off the waitlist. He won't give you an exact number, but he can give you your approximate chances.

Alright, I e-mailed to ask. I'm fairly sure I won't get good news back, so I'm scared...but at least I will know something I guess. Are you OOS or IS, NStarz?

Alright, I e-mailed to ask. I'm fairly sure I won't get good news back, so I'm scared...but at least I will know something I guess. Are you OOS or IS, NStarz?

I'm OOS. I must have been pretty high on the waitlist (like #1 or 2), because he Jonathon said we shouldn't hear anything until next week and then 2 days later, I got an invite. Good luck :) I'm really in love with UF's shelter medicine program! I hope I'm impressed when I see the school!

I'm probably going to be a greeter on one of the interview days so I will see some of you!

I'm OOS. I must have been pretty high on the waitlist (like #1 or 2), because he Jonathon said we shouldn't hear anything until next week and then 2 days later, I got an invite. Good luck :) I'm really in love with UF's shelter medicine program! I hope I'm impressed when I see the school!

I haven't seen inside the school, but I drove by it on the way home from Universal Studios (Hogwarts!!!) and was impressed by the SA hospital. The school looks very nice, and I like what I saw of Gainesville.

I'm jealous of you being off the waitlist already, but I know you deserved it. I wish my stats were as good as yours must be!

OK, so I got an email back. All he could tell me was that 16 people from the waitlist were interviewed last year, and no estimating chances. I'm taking this to mean that I am either close to that 16 mark or well below it in the rankings. Booo.

Hi, I'm a new user. I have been watching the forums ever since I stumbled on them in December. I didn't want to join until I had something to post, be it good or bad. I got the email about being wait-listed last week and was bummed, but today I got an email inviting me for an interview! :) I'm so excited and super nervous! Almost forgot-- I'm OOS, first time applicant.

Hi, I'm a new user. I have been watching the forums ever since I stumbled on them in December. I didn't want to join until I had something to post, be it good or bad. I got the email about being wait-listed last week and was bummed, but today I got an email inviting me for an interview! :) I'm so excited and super nervous! Almost forgot-- I'm OOS, first time applicant.

Good luck!

Yay potential 2016ers!!! Good luck to everyone! I'm so excited to meet people

Hey guys! When I was lurking around SDN over a year ago I found a thread on vet school interviews (e.g. common questions, some advice, things not to do, etc) but I have no idea where on SDN I found it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm setting up a couple of mock interviews and would love to have some basic idea about what "behavioral questions" the panel may ask.

If you go on the articles & interviews tab and then into UF interviews you will find a ton of sample questions.

Hey everyone! I was just wondering about the number of OOS spots Florida has...I was looking at the c/o 2015 applicant stats page on UF's website and it says that 78 were invited to interview and then 30something actually interviewed and then 12 were in the class of 2015.....If they only have 12 OOS spots, does that mean that they have already almost filled the OOS portion of the class for this year? I know that they have already given a decent amount of OOS acceptances after that early round of interviews (about 10 people have posted on the c/o 2016 acceptance thread). I'm OOS and interviewing on the 11th so I guess I'm just starting to freak out and think that I have a large chance of getting rejected after my interview :( If anyone knows exactly how many spots they have for OOS or what the chance of acceptance after an interview is, please let me know!

Also, lots of :luck: to everyone interviewing!!