UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do u think the pharmacy schools will be off for spring break? If so, I don't know if they will respond till it is over.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Everything was complete long before they contacted me for an interview. That's why I was almost certain they would let us know yesterday. Are you going to contact her? Let me know what she says please! So nervous.
I e-mailed her yesterday asking when decisions would be made and she replied hopefully next week. Thats all lol. Guess more waiting ughh

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u think the pharmacy schools will be off for spring break? If so, I don't know if they will respond till it is over.

The pharmacy schools should definitely be on break too, but Im praying the admissions committee still contacts us asap

Congrats!!! Would you mind telling us when you got interviewed and which campus you are at? Also was it your first pick?

Of course! Thank you so much.

I interviewed on Feb 20, and I heard back earlier this morning. I got the Orlando campus, but it was my second choice after Gainesville. I think Gainesville fills up so quickly, so it was expected that I wouldn't get my first choice.

I interviewed on Feb 20, and I heard back earlier this morning. I got the Orlando campus, but it was my second choice after Gainesville. I think Gainesville fills up so quickly, so it was expected that I wouldn't get my first choice.

Yea I am sure Gainesville does fill up quick. Orlando sounds good though! I interview 03/20 and Jacksonville is my first pick. I can't stand the anticipation! Hopefully they get back to me quickly like they did you. Good luck!

Me too! Congrats! I got Orlando too, Gainsville was my first choice but I'm happy! So exciting!! :D

Oh my god it looks like we are going to be classmates at the same campus too! :) This is so exciting!

Yea I am sure Gainesville does fill up quick. Orlando sounds good though! I interview 03/20 and Jacksonville is my first pick. I can't stand the anticipation! Hopefully they get back to me quickly like they did you. Good luck!

I heard that if you pick the distance campuses as a first choice, you're usually bound to get them. So good luck!!! Remember to look over your application before the interview. It's closed file so it's really important for you to know your experiences so you can talk about them easily :)

Having visited all Gainsville, Orlando and Jacksonville, I think Orlando is a great campus to complete the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum. You get to study in one of the best research facilities in Florida, and have more then enough opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom. Dont feel bad if it was not your first choice. With time, I hope most of the incoming students will feel the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having visited all Gainsville, Orlando and Jacksonville, I think Orlando is a great campus to complete the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum. You get to study in one of the best research facilities in Florida, and have more then enough opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom. Dont feel bad if it was not your first choice. With time, I hope most of the incoming students will feel the same.

What did you think of Jacksonville?

My stats aren't too far from bear44 and Orlando is my first choice. I'm impatiently waiting and compulsively checking my email. March isn't going to be their last interview date, so I still have some hope that I can land an interview. My GPA is low for UF, but I've got 8+ years as a tech and my PCAT was 85.

My stats aren't too far from bear44 and Orlando is my first choice. I'm impatiently waiting and compulsively checking my email. March isn't going to be their last interview date, so I still have some hope that I can land an interview. My GPA is low for UF, but I've got 8+ years as a tech and my PCAT was 85.

What's your GPA? Mine wasn't the best either, and my PCAT was a little lower than yours. In comparison to my stats, I think you should get an interview!

What's your GPA? Mine wasn't the best either, and my PCAT was a little lower than yours. In comparison to my stats, I think you should get an interview!
Ugh, another setback. My science GPA is a 2.94 and apparently that 0.06 is discounting me from currently being considered. Just got an email saying they're looking at 3.0 and higher with 60+ PCAT. I have over 180 credits on my transcript... So my GPA doesn't compare to those that only took the pre-reqs. I can't believe 25 points on the PCAT trumps 0.06 GPA points.

Orlando is the best campus of the 4.

Ugh, another setback. My science GPA is a 2.94 and apparently that 0.06 is discounting me from currently being considered. Just got an email saying they're looking at 3.0 and higher with 60+ PCAT. I have over 180 credits on my transcript... So my GPA doesn't compare to those that only took the pre-reqs. I can't believe 25 points on the PCAT trumps 0.06 GPA points.
I got that email too. I thought it was funny

I got that email too. I thought it was funny
Do you think that means we are or are not being considered this cycle?? I assumed they would weigh more factors than GPA and PCAT, but this process is making me reconsider. My strength is experience/patient care and I'm worried if they only file me by numbers I won't have a chance.

Do you think that means we are or are not being considered this cycle?? I assumed they would weigh more factors than GPA and PCAT, but this process is making me reconsider. My strength is experience/patient care and I'm worried if they only file me by numbers I won't have a chance.
idk man, they doing things differently this cycle prolly cause the accreditation requirements changed.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? and how strong were your ECs/pharmacy experience? I feel like my ECs are lacking...

I don't mind!

My science GPA was a little low, around 3.36 and my PCAT was a 78. I was actually pretty surprised they offered an interview, but I feel like my ECs and pharmacy experience pushed me over. I have held leadership positions every year of undergrad, done extensive work with different organizations, shadowed and worked in a pharmacy, and volunteered a bunch with so many other medical organizations. I think every single applicant is different, so you can't look solely and your or even my numbers/experience. If you had a good balance, I think you'll be okay!

I am so sorry.... That is so unfortunate.

Me too! Congrats! I got Orlando too, Gainsville was my first choice but I'm happy! So exciting!! :D

Orlando c/o 2019 Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/768450889917486/

Can you expand on that? Why? I really thought Gainesville would be
I'm biased. That's why. Lol

If you are looking for college town life then gainseville is for you. That's the only plus IMO. Atmosphere and if course football games.

Hey guys! My interview is on the 20th and I was just wondering what types of interview questions they asked, if you don't mind me asking! I really want to get in but I don't want to mess up in the interview even though my scores are high. Thanks.

Hey guys! My interview is on the 20th and I was just wondering what types of interview questions they asked, if you don't mind me asking! I really want to get in but I don't want to mess up in the interview even though my scores are high. Thanks.
Hi! I just wanted to take a second to wish you good luck on your interview and tell you not to worry. I think the interview experience differs from person to person, it can also differ based on who the interviewer is. Mine was extremely laid back and made me feel very comfortable. Actually, everyone you meet on interview day will welcome you with friendliness. The interview is closed file and they will ask you a handful of questions. Also, if you don't have an answer for a question, don't panic you can simply say you can't think of anything and move on. Just don't pass on every question. lol.
You won't find much information about the questions because we all signed a paper that said we would not discuss them. However, the types of questions are similar to questions you might find preparing for a job interview, google a little. My best advice is to not stress to much about the questions and focus more on knowing about yourself and being able to talk about yourself. They stressed that this year they wanted to get to know their candidates more. And if you received an interview you should be pretty confident as it is, they don't waste any time interviewing they don't plan on accepting (my personal take on it though). Good luck!

For anyone who was accepted, isn't there supposed to be a facebook page for everyone in the class to talk and collaborate? I've never lived in Gainesville and I need to find myself some roommates lol

I have a person in my class who applied 3 days before me on the 7th get an interview 3-20. Mine was on 3-10 :/ Sorry for the length but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I hope someone could shed some light on my situation.I've been in and out of school (family problems, dad passing away and grandparents who becomes ill and I pretty much take care of because my mom works 2 jobs and never home. I work full time time to help support my family.

Anyways, through the ups and downs, I'm finally will finish the last 2 pre-req's for UF COP by summer (Biochem and physics 2). But whats killing me inside:
MY PAST. I had a few 'W's' from gen ed classes (ENC AMH , ETC) and a couple from BIO 2 And Orgo1. My science GPA according to pharmCAS 2.97, math 3.0, overall gpa and non science is horrid (because of gen ed, history, and english classes that's not my forte) These were classes from like 2008- 2009. I couldn't go to school full time because of financial trouble. So work and I would take a couple classes here and there every semester while still helping out my mom and family.

Presently, these last 3,4, even maybe 5 semesters, I've been doing real well. Before in Bio 2, I made a D 2 years ago, BUT, retook and made an A ( so on transcript, W 1st time 2009, D 2nd time 2010, A third last semester 2014) Organic, (I withdrew 2010. Then Withdrew lecture 2013 but made a B in lab, and took again and made A in lab and lecture fall 15'). Currently in orgo 2 I have an A in Lab and Lecture, Statistics an A, and micro which I'm praying for a B. I made A's in A and P II. Gen Chm and Gen Bio were done years ago, which were all B's with a couple C's. I know schools don't like W's and honestly, I don't withdraw because I'm failing. Every class I attend, I am 100% committed, BUT I'm a bit of perfectionist. In High School I made straight A's or A/B, was an Honor Society, but in college, when I get B's or high C's, I withdraw because I feel I know I'm better than that. Which I just recently have learned does pass judgement on people reviewing your transcripts on applications. But I have nothing to hide and keep my head up.

I even explained it all in my essay. I had some hardships really young. Had to mature to continue to work and school. Grades were effected because of family and personal issues. But since then (2008) I have been slowly digging my way out the hole I made. But still proud of my accomplishments despite all I've been through and doing so alone. Now, with grades turning around, my concerns: MY PAST SUCKS! Gen ed grades suck and withdrawals (mainly gen ed classes and a few sciences here and there which I later made B's and A's).

My overall demographics that I submitted: 2.97 science. 3.0 math. overall (horrid, too embarrassed to post along with non science/math gpa). PCAT I made a 66 comp (68 BIO, 69 CHM, 88MATH) 40-50 something on VA AND Readings (hence, again, english isn't my forte) I was a Pharmacy Tech for CVS for a year and now at UF Jax (former Shands hospital) about 2 years now; total of 3 years. On free time (which is rare) I teach high school bands as a percussion clinician (been into music since elementary school, and this was my 'escape goat' and hobby). I volunteer at shelters or volunteer for kids with disabilities, or attend drives or local events or relays for them. I submitted 4 LOR (My Anatomy professor (PA director of Nova Jax), my former percussion/band instructor, my pharmacy manager from CVS, and supervisor at the pharmacy at UF). I am fortunate to work with Pharmacist, along with residents, and students. I am pretty upfront with all of them as I posted on here. They explained that my progression of maturing and turning my grades around, with my extracurriculars, and pharmacy experience should still give me a chance. But reading from the threads, I am now discouraged because no one below a 3.0 has gotten any interview along my past (transcripts, and withdraws) and my science is 2.97. I hope 2.97 doesn't completely zero my chances like the other person with a 2.94 on here. Should I be concerned? Or Is it still possible to get to an interview? Hoping for honest response in hopes of taking some stress off my shoulders.

I have a person in my class who applied 3 days before me on the 7th get an interview 3-20. Mine was on 3-10 :/ Sorry for the length but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I hope someone could shed some light on my situation.I've been in and out of school (family problems, dad passing away and grandparents who becomes ill and I pretty much take care of because my mom works 2 jobs and never home. I work full time time to help support my family.

Anyways, through the ups and downs, I'm finally will finish the last 2 pre-req's for UF COP by summer (Biochem and physics 2). But whats killing me inside:
MY PAST. I had a few 'W's' from gen ed classes (ENC AMH , ETC) and a couple from BIO 2 And Orgo1. My science GPA according to pharmCAS 2.97, math 3.0, overall gpa and non science is horrid (because of gen ed, history, and english classes that's not my forte) These were classes from like 2008- 2009. I couldn't go to school full time because of financial trouble. So work and I would take a couple classes here and there every semester while still helping out my mom and family.

Presently, these last 3,4, even maybe 5 semesters, I've been doing real well. Before in Bio 2, I made a D 2 years ago, BUT, retook and made an A ( so on transcript, W 1st time 2009, D 2nd time 2010, A third last semester 2014) Organic, (I withdrew 2010. Then Withdrew lecture 2013 but made a B in lab, and took again and made A in lab and lecture fall 15'). Currently in orgo 2 I have an A in Lab and Lecture, Statistics an A, and micro which I'm praying for a B. I made A's in A and P II. Gen Chm and Gen Bio were done years ago, which were all B's with a couple C's. I know schools don't like W's and honestly, I don't withdraw because I'm failing. Every class I attend, I am 100% committed, BUT I'm a bit of perfectionist. In High School I made straight A's or A/B, was an Honor Society, but in college, when I get B's or high C's, I withdraw because I feel I know I'm better than that. Which I just recently have learned does pass judgement on people reviewing your transcripts on applications. But I have nothing to hide and keep my head up.

I even explained it all in my essay. I had some hardships really young. Had to mature to continue to work and school. Grades were effected because of family and personal issues. But since then (2008) I have been slowly digging my way out the hole I made. But still proud of my accomplishments despite all I've been through and doing so alone. Now, with grades turning around, my concerns: MY PAST SUCKS! Gen ed grades suck and withdrawals (mainly gen ed classes and a few sciences here and there which I later made B's and A's).

My overall demographics that I submitted: 2.97 science. 3.0 math. overall (horrid, too embarrassed to post along with non science/math gpa). PCAT I made a 66 comp (68 BIO, 69 CHM, 88MATH) 40-50 something on VA AND Readings (hence, again, english isn't my forte) I was a Pharmacy Tech for CVS for a year and now at UF Jax (former Shands hospital) about 2 years now; total of 3 years. On free time (which is rare) I teach high school bands as a percussion clinician (been into music since elementary school, and this was my 'escape goat' and hobby). I volunteer at shelters or volunteer for kids with disabilities, or attend drives or local events or relays for them. I submitted 4 LOR (My Anatomy professor (PA director of Nova Jax), my former percussion/band instructor, my pharmacy manager from CVS, and supervisor at the pharmacy at UF). I am fortunate to work with Pharmacist, along with residents, and students. I am pretty upfront with all of them as I posted on here. They explained that my progression of maturing and turning my grades around, with my extracurriculars, and pharmacy experience should still give me a chance. But reading from the threads, I am now discouraged because no one below a 3.0 has gotten any interview along my past (transcripts, and withdraws) and my science is 2.97. I hope 2.97 doesn't completely zero my chances like the other person with a 2.94 on here. Should I be concerned? Or Is it still possible to get to an interview? Hoping for honest response in hopes of taking some stress off my shoulders.

Hello! First of all, I want to say that it's amazing that you've made it here despite all of that. Be proud of yourself. Unfortunately, from what I heard, I don't think UF gives interviews to anyone lower than a 3.0. I think they use that as a filter to weed people out, and then go through all the students with 3.0 GPAs or higher to then see who they like.

Hello! First of all, I want to say that it's amazing that you've made it here despite all of that. Be proud of yourself. Unfortunately, from what I heard, I don't think UF gives interviews to anyone lower than a 3.0. I think they use that as a filter to weed people out, and then go through all the students with 3.0 GPAs or higher to then see who they like.
Do they? I haven't really heard of people getting interview invites after January from here or any of my interviews.(Many people had the same question)

Well thanks for the insight. I just pray and hope they don't. I feel that everyone is case by case and should not just be black and white directed at a straight number. Im still hopeful being 0.03 points off they consider everything else of my application with extracurriculars, volunteering, and pharmacy exposure and I'm sure awesome LOR from 3 doctors and my band/percussion instructor. I'll keep you posted. If anyone hears anything more, I would appreciate the extra insight. Thanks

Last edited:
Well thanks for the insight. I just pray and hope they don't. I feel that everyone is case by case and should just be black and white directed at a straight number. Im still hopeful being 0.03 points off they consider everything else of my application with extracurriculars, volunteering, and pharmacy exposure and I'm sure awesome LOR from 3 doctors and my band/percussion instructor. I'll keep you posted. If anyone hears anything more, I would appreciate the extra insight. Thanks
r u applying for this cycle or the next?

I have a question about the UF Biochem requirement. My friend has been having a hard time getting in contact with the admissions office so I offered to post here. He goes to UCF and the biochem there is 3 credit hours but UF has a requirement of a 4 credit hour biochem. Did anybody else run into this issue and how did you handle it? He's contemplating taking UCF's biochem for graduation requirements and then taking an online UF biochem the following semester. I feel like that would be unnecessary.

I have a question about the UF Biochem requirement. My friend has been having a hard time getting in contact with the admissions office so I offered to post here. He goes to UCF and the biochem there is 3 credit hours but UF has a requirement of a 4 credit hour biochem. Did anybody else run into this issue and how did you handle it? He's contemplating taking UCF's biochem for graduation requirements and then taking an online UF biochem the following semester. I feel like that would be unnecessary.

hope this helps!

CF Pre-Pharmacy Students:
UPDATE ON THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY BIOCHEMISTRY PREREQUISITE COURSE:

You may have recently heard that the University of Florida College of Pharmacy now requires a 4-credit Biochemistry 1 course, and that they will not accept UCF’s 3-credit Biochemistry 1 course (BCH 4053) to meet their requirement due to the credit hour disparity. We are happy to report that after communicating with Dr. Michael McKenzie, Associate Dean of Student Affairs at the UF College of Pharmacy, that UCF Pre-Pharmacy students have three options to meet UF College of Pharmacy’s 4-credit Biochemistry 1 prerequisite course requirement:

Option 1: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4053) and Molecular Cell Biology (PCB 3023) both at UCF
Option 2: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4053) and Biochemistry 2 (BCH 4054) both at UCF
Option 3*: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4024) (4 credits) online at UF (Note: UCF students must submit the non-degree application to UF using the College of Pharmacy as the home sponsor college. Dr. McKenzie’s staff will approve the non-degree application (http://www.registrar.ufl.edu/currents/nondegree.html) so the student can take the course through the College of Medicine. The BCH 4024 Biochemistry course is offered online each semester.)

Please help us spread the word about these options to other UCF Pre-Pharmacy students.

*If you choose Option 3, and plan to complete UF’s Biochemistry 1 course prior to your graduation from UCF, please contact your UCF College or Major Advisor to ensure that taking this course as a transient student will not adversely affect your progress towards your graduation from UCF.
Sorry, was that supposed to be a hyperlink?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview today!! But I already said yes and paid $1000 deposit to nova and nova is close to home so I will be declining the interview but it was still nice to receive an invite

I interviewed on 03/20 and still have not heard a reply. I was wondering if anybody else interviewed that day.

I interviewed on 03/20 and still have not heard a reply. I was wondering if anybody else interviewed that day.
My son did and he got his rejection letter a week later so hopefully in your case no news is good news.

Woah is that 4 credit biochem requirement for next years applicants? I am finishing the one at UCF but this is the first I've seen anything about that. I have an interview in two days for this year so seeing that just kind of made me panic. Not that I wasn't panicking anyway. Not really sure how to prepare for this =P

Woah is that 4 credit biochem requirement for next years applicants? I am finishing the one at UCF but this is the first I've seen anything about that. I have an interview in two days for this year so seeing that just kind of made me panic. Not that I wasn't panicking anyway. Not really sure how to prepare for this =P

Yea Biochemistry is definitely a requirement for UF CoP now, including the class matriculating in Fall. Sorry for the bad news, I am sure a handful of students will be taking it over the summer.

I'm trying to understand why I would even have an interview then, because I had this course on my Pharmcas and nothing else. This semester feels like a waste. How frustrating.