UF-computer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmesean

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. This question is mainly for any UF pharm students. I'll be a 1PD at the Gainesville campus this fall and want to know your guys preference on computers (besides the computer requirements they have on their admission pages). How much do you use your computer ON campus? Do you use your own computer for testing? I've always had microsoft/windows computers but I'm considering apple now that I have a bit of cash. Also debating keeping my laptop and just buying one of the giant mac desktops.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a MacBook and Ive had that baby since my freshman year back in fall 2010 so its lasted me a long time. If you want more bang for your buck Id really consider getting a macBook, they are easy to use and last a long time. And how much do we use our computers on campus? I guess it depends on the person and it depends if you even go on campus or not. Personally, my laptop is my main study tool, I have all powerpoints and notes on it (i do take notes on my laptop). On the other hand there is a lot of people who rather print out their notes and barely use their laptops, and if they need to use a computer there are many available in the library (UF campus at least). Also, some people take notes on their ipads/tablets. You do not use your own computer for testing, you do use it for quizes though. Overall, it really depends on you, what you feel most comfortable with. I dont mind taking my laptop everywhere I go, some people hate carrying their laptop around. If you have any questions just lmk. Hope that helped

I have a MacBook and Ive had that baby since my freshman year back in fall 2010 so its lasted me a long time. If you want more bang for your buck Id really consider getting a macBook, they are easy to use and last a long time. And how much do we use our computers on campus? I guess it depends on the person and it depends if you even go on campus or not. Personally, my laptop is my main study tool, I have all powerpoints and notes on it (i do take notes on my laptop). On the other hand there is a lot of people who rather print out their notes and barely use their laptops, and if they need to use a computer there are many available in the library (UF campus at least). Also, some people take notes on their ipads/tablets. You do not use your own computer for testing, you do use it for quizes though. Overall, it really depends on you, what you feel most comfortable with. I dont mind taking my laptop everywhere I go, some people hate carrying their laptop around. If you have any questions just lmk. Hope that helped

Thanks so much, that gives me some things to consider.