UF Interview Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alkene2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any tips for interview at UF?

Members don't see this ad.

Just make sure to mention the beach a lot- I know they like that

Reactions: 5 users
They want to see your passion for dentistry. And not to sound rehearsed

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Be yourself...

Reactions: 1 user
You're in a for a treat! ^^ Like any other dental school interviews, be professional! Don't ask questions like "where do I go to party?" Expect the questions to require you to be calm and confident, passionate is good too, and most importantly honest. UF interview, to me personally, was more formal than other interviews I had, just a heads-up.

I'm an incoming D1 this fall at UF :)

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview at UF on the 22nd as well, @swindoll. Congrats and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend a tropical formal interview getup. Something with a tailored top and khaki shorts.

I will also be a D1 at UF this fall. Identify any weaknesses on your application, and be prepared to defend them when they come up in the interview (they will come up). best of luck!

My UF interview last cycle was the first I attended and the most intimidating. The atmosphere of many interviewers in a room vs 1 of you is a little nerve racking. Honestly, prepare for the worst. They have many other applicants to get through in the day, so they don't particularly like questions during the interview. And as another person mentioned, they may bring up an apparent weakness. I know I had one W, and they brought it up. All in all, I thought it went terrible, but I was still accepted and even offered a scholarship, so don't let it keep you up at night.

Reactions: 3 users
My UF interview last cycle was the first I attended and the most intimidating. The atmosphere of many interviewers in a room vs 1 of you is a little nerve racking. Honestly, prepare for the worst. They have many other applicants to get through in the day, so they don't particularly like questions during the interview. And as another person mentioned, they may bring up an apparent weakness. I know I had one W, and they brought it up. All in all, I thought it went terrible, but I was still accepted and even offered a scholarship, so don't let it keep you up at night.
What were your stats? If you don't mind me asking

How did your interview go? Any tips for other students?
I feel like my interview went well, but we'll see. I was prepared to answer everything. As far as tips for other students, I'll just say to know your application/personal statement and academic record well. Well enough to answer any question regarding any aspect of those parts of the app confidently and concisely.