UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man .....I'm screwed.

Subpar gpa at less than a 3.0 dont even want to mention.
Pcat is 89 composite with 93 in chem and 95 in Bio.
No emails yet but mine only got mailed out last week....im screwed. Pray for me yall.

Members don't see this ad.

Man .....I'm screwed.

Subpar gpa at less than a 3.0 dont even want to mention.
Pcat is 89 composite with 93 in chem and 95 in Bio.
No emails yet but mine only got mailed out last week....im screwed. Pray for me yall.

I'm in the same boat. I check my email like 50 times a day. This whole thing is giving me acid reflux....

I'm in the same boat. I check my email like 50 times a day. This whole thing is giving me acid reflux....

Can you tell me a little more about your symptoms?

Lol jk. When I read that you gave me a flashback to pharmacotherapy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They open up again monday from Spring Break so we should at least get an email by then. After that more waiting.

Can you tell me a little more about your symptoms?

Lol jk. When I read that you gave me a flashback to pharmacotherapy.
Look buddy you need to cough up some info. We know you know how many spots are left open in what campuses.....dish out the info man let's make this easy :D

Look buddy you need to cough up some info. We know you know how many spots are left open in what campuses.....dish out the info man let's make this easy :D
Lol honestly I have no idea.

Last year I got my invite in feb but my interview wasn't until April and they only had one other interview before mine.

If you get an interview and come off as a normal person in the interview you are pretty much in.

Last year I got my invite in feb but my interview wasn't until April and they only had one other interview before mine.

If you get an interview and come off as a normal person in the interview you are pretty much in.

This is what I want to hear! My interview is in three weeks..... Actually two weeks and 5 days lol Im counting down every day

Interviews are cake walks for me, I just am praying to the all mighty I get one.

Interviews are cake walks for me, I just am praying to the all mighty I get one.

Yea I only had one other interview, since I only applied to three schools (withdrew application from 3rd school), and It was pretty laid back. Did you update last semester grades on your pharmCAS? I updated mine right before UF offered me an interview but that was probably just a coincidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I only had one other interview, since I only applied to three schools (withdrew application from 3rd school), and It was pretty laid back. Did you update last semester grades on your pharmCAS? I updated mine right before UF offered me an interview but that was probably just a coincidence.
Yes I updated my grades before they received my pharmcas. One of them being an A in Organic 1 so that hopefully makes my app look better I hope.

Yes I updated my grades before they received my pharmcas. One of them being an A in Organic 1 so that hopefully makes my app look better I hope.

It definitely can not hurt! ;)

What campus did you apply for?

1. St.Pete 2. Orlando. 3 Gainsville 4. JAcksonvilleeeeeee

Nice! Best of luck, I'm sure you will hear back something soon! I had my interview at Orlando Campus a couple weeks ago and got my conditional acceptance email a few days following that.

Nice! Best of luck, I'm sure you will hear back something soon! I had my interview at Orlando Campus a couple weeks ago and got my conditional acceptance email a few days following that.
Thanks man I hope so, I haven't even gotten an email confirming they received all my stuff. Does UF send out an email like that?

Thanks man I hope so, I haven't even gotten an email confirming they received all my stuff. Does UF send out an email like that?

Yes they do send an email like that

Yeah they send one out but I'm not entirely sure how punctual they are with those as I received my email that they had received and we're reviewing my materials 3 days after the email that they sent me with the interview offer. It couldn't hurt to reach out and contactthem to mmake sure they got it all though, in my experiences all the admissions staff has been extremely friendly and helpful at UF.

Yeah they send one out but I'm not entirely sure how punctual they are with those as I received my email that they had received and we're reviewing my materials 3 days after the email that they sent me with the interview offer. It couldn't hurt to reach out and contactthem to mmake sure they got it all though, in my experiences all the admissions staff has been extremely friendly and helpful at UF.

Thanks man, I tried emailing them but it seems their email is now denying anything incoming probably since they are getting pummeled by hundreds of questions.

Thanks man, I tried emailing them but it seems their email is now denying anything incoming probably since they are getting pummeled by hundreds of questions.

Oh yeah I'm sure they are getting slammed right now as most people turn in everything right near the deadlines. Best bet would be to call but I probably would not sweat it unless you still have not heard anything back from them in a while. I also applied to Auburn and they were doing the same thing to me but when I finally got in touch with them they said that they had not received a hard copy of my transcripts (which I sent out with all my others) I supposed they just never received it or someone misplaced it.

Best of luck though buddy! :thumbup:

Oh yeah I'm sure they are getting slammed right now as most people turn in everything right near the deadlines. Best bet would be to call but I probably would not sweat it unless you still have not heard anything back from them in a while. I also applied to Auburn and they were doing the same thing to me but when I finally got in touch with them they said that they had not received a hard copy of my transcripts (which I sent out with all my others) I supposed they just never received it or someone misplaced it.

Best of luck though buddy! :thumbup:
Thanks man, I'll need it.

Two weeks until interview. These two weeks can't go by fast enough.

Just got the automated email saying they are reviewing applications.
Two weeks until interview. These two weeks can't go by fast enough.

Good job man. You got this.

I've received that automated email 6 times, is that good or bad? No interview yet

I've received that automated email 6 times, is that good or bad? No interview yet

Its hard to say if it's good or bad. I guess it's good that they have all of your information but the number of times you receive the email isn't significant for anything. I Think I got like 20 before an interview invite

I could not find a FB group for Orlando Campus class of 2018 yet. What campus did you get accepted to?

why did you choose USF?
I go to USF now and im really curious why you chose USF over UF??

It was more of the fact that the majority of students preferred to stay at home and watch recorded lecture notes instead of going to class. Its just not really my style of learning. I would like to specialize after and USF's interprofessional approach is definitely very unique in that regard. USF just seemed like a much better fit for me and my goals and I could definitely see myself enjoying the next 4 years there. It was a tough decision though just because UF is highly regarded and USF still has a lot to prove.

Reactions: 1 users
Hope you future Gators are keeping up with college basketball.

My interview is on thursday. Anyone want to give some preparation advice or anything I should know in general? I know they will ask the basics like why pharmacy, why UF, but if anyone has anything extra that I should know please let me know on here or PM me. Thanks

Congratulations to everyone who received interviews! I hope those who are still waiting get to hear back from UF very very very soon.
I was just wondering if anyone else will be attending the Mar. 28 interview in Jacksonville?

Congratulations to everyone who received interviews! I hope those who are still waiting get to hear back from UF very very very soon.
I was just wondering if anyone else will be attending the Mar. 28 interview in Jacksonville?

I am!

Good Luck :)

Still waiting here. I'm dying of this anticipation. Bad news or good I want it now.

Are there any Facebook groups up for the class of 2018 yet? and does anyone know when we can register/get on Gatorlink?

I got an interview invitation today!!!! so excited!!
if anyone is curious (i know i was)

application was received on Feb 21st
interview received on March 26th
so it took them a month. But i know a friend who had to wait dec-march and another person who just took them 2 weeks to get a reply
so hang on!!!

I submitted mine in dec and just got an email for an interview at the orlando campus for april 25. Ive already been accepeted to my 2 choice pharmacy school but uf is my first choice!!! Nervous!

Does anyone know of any fb groups for the St. Petersburg campus for c/o 2018. Found out i got accepted yesterday!!

Had my interview today in Gainesville. It went perfect in my opinion. Very laid back. Situational and behavioral questions only. If any one had questions PM me

Congratulations! I'm extremely nervous and excited at the same time. Glad to know someone from sdn will be there too. Look out for someone wearing a light pink shirt. :p

Good Luck :)
Thank you so much! Good luck to you and your endeavors!

Still waiting here. I'm dying of this anticipation. Bad news or good I want it now.
I hope you get your answer soon. The wait gave me a lot of stress. If it helps, I heard UF takes a while to get back to applicants because it does not have rolling admissions.
Submitted PharmCas: 01/18/14, sent 02/12/14
Submitted Supplemental: 02/01/14
Received Response: 03/12/14

Last edited: