UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many students have been accepted to the Jacksonville campus? I have a friend who has an interview coming up there. I believe they only accept 50-60?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted to the Jacksonville campus? I have a friend who has an interview coming up there. I believe they only accept 50-60?

I think the Jax campus has only had one interview date so far, other than the first one in Gainesville which all campuses were interviewed at. From what I know/experienced, once you have gotten an interview, you've passed the hardest part of the application process. All satellite campus only have around 50 students in each class, except for Orlando which has like 75 if I'm not mistaken

Did anyone heard back from the orlando interview on the 25th??
Anxiously waiting!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to orlando campus!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted to orlando campus!!!

Congrats! See you in the Fall! I had read your other thread about whether to accept one of your other offers or hold out for UF and was really pulling for you when I saw you had turned down the two other private schools in order to have a shot at UF Orlando.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted to Orlando!! I know we have to wait to start the requirements that is needed for admissions but I wanted to know if they need us to print all the health forms to take to our physician??

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted to Orlando!! I know we have to wait to start the requirements that is needed for admissions but I wanted to know if they need us to print all the health forms to take to our physician??
You have to take your old shot records, get any missing immunizations, and get a TB skin test. And someone at the office will sign off that you are up to date on all of your shots and your TB is negative. (Hopefully)

Congrats! See you in the Fall! I had read your other thread about whether to accept one of your other offers or hold out for UF and was really pulling for you when I saw you had turned down the two other private schools in order to have a shot at UF Orlando.

Thank you! I definitely took a risk but its all worth it (fortunately)! Just paid my deposit and best $205.34 I ever spent!

Which HIPPA training course do we complete? Is it the one for applicant students or active students?? I would assume active....

Members don't see this ad :)
When do we take the drug screen? How much is it?

is there a faceboook group for orlando campus? I think that will help alot!

I what point is it ok for me to call UF and request that they reimburse me for the money I wasted on application fees. This is ridiculous, I turned in my application in September and have received nothing but about a dozen emails saying my application has been received. I called the school to ask about the status of my application and was told I would here back within the next 3 weeks, that as over a month ago. I would much rather have just been denied than strung along for over 7 months!

I what point is it ok for me to call UF and request that they reimburse me for the money I wasted on application fees. This is ridiculous, I turned in my application in September and have received nothing but about a dozen emails saying my application has been received. I called the school to ask about the status of my application and was told I would here back within the next 3 weeks, that as over a month ago. I would much rather have just been denied than strung along for over 7 months!
You could call and ask what's up with your app. But I don't think you will get any money back.

Is anyone attending UF COP Orlando this fall and needs a roommate? I found a great 2 bedroom apartment in lake nona and I need a roommate to share with. Please send me a text if you're interested. 407-781-6531

From reading this thread I must be the only one that has been put on the alternate list meaning if anyone decides to rescind their application, I'll be there to replace them.. I have an interview on June 12, 2014 at the Gainesville campus.

Just curious, if you're placed at any other satellite campus outside of the Gainesville campus, how are the lectures? Are they recorded and televised? Do you get to actually meet with the professors in person? Thanks and congrats to everyone who got accepted.

From reading this thread I must be the only one that has been put on the alternate list meaning if anyone decides to rescind their application, I'll be there to replace them.. I have an interview on June 12, 2014 at the Gainesville campus.

Just curious, if you're placed at any other satellite campus outside of the Gainesville campus, how are the lectures? Are they recorded and televised? Do you get to actually meet with the professors in person? Thanks and congrats to everyone who got accepted.
They are recorded and posted online. You meet the professors at orientation. It's the same in Gainesville. You can either attend the lectures or just watch them online. By the end of the semester there were no more than 20 students in a lecture at one time. (Usually less)

Got into St.PETE FRIDAY!!!!! WOOOTTTTTTT

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone on the waiting list? Every time I call they give me a time frame in which I will find out and then the time comes and goes. I know they have a lot of applications to go through but It makes me stressed out. Last email from Mary Beth was on 4/22/14 saying all decisions will be made by June. I am hoping for the St Pete campus

I wanted to know I am a student from NYC and i am moving down to FL i wanted to know more about this school here is my grades so far
chemistry 1 -- C+
biology 1 ----- C+
anatomy 1--- C+
so far the grades do not look good i havent taken the other science courses this semester i am taking anatomy 2 and developmental psychology, Should i pursue another career since i am moving down to FL i only looked into this school the other school require a Bachelor which i do not have i am going to graduate with an A.A in liberal arts and science

any honest advice would help me

I wanted to know I am a student from NYC and i am moving down to FL i wanted to know more about this school here is my grades so far
chemistry 1 -- C+
biology 1 ----- C+
anatomy 1--- C+
so far the grades do not look good i havent taken the other science courses this semester i am taking anatomy 2 and developmental psychology, Should i pursue another career since i am moving down to FL i only looked into this school the other school require a Bachelor which i do not have i am going to graduate with an A.A in liberal arts and science

Hey, I had similar grades to start off but re-took a few of them and got better grades. Took the PCAT twice, got a 78 first time and 85 second time. I'm from NC and got into 5 of the 6 schools I applied to (all over the southeast)... The only one I didn't get into was Florida. UF didn't even send me anything other than an automated email. My suggestion to you is to step your science GPA game up, and you'll have a much better shot if UF is where you really wanna be. Good luck!

I was going to apply only to University Of Florida because here in NYC i attended two previous colleges and didnt do so well at the last one that is why i transferred to the school that so I am currently attending and want to do good i havent taken any upper division science classes so before i apply i want to achieve a high grade in the remaining classes. thank you for your advice

Hey, I had similar grades to start off but re-took a few of them and got better grades. Took the PCAT twice, got a 78 first time and 85 second time. I'm from NC and got into 5 of the 6 schools I applied to (all over the southeast)... The only one I didn't get into was Florida. UF didn't even send me anything other than an automated email. My suggestion to you is to step your science GPA game up, and you'll have a much better shot if UF is where you really wanna be. Good luck!

chemistry 1 -- C+
biology 1 ----- C+
anatomy 1--- C+

If I was in your position, I would complete a bachelor's degree to better prepare yourself and then later on possibly consider retaking those classes that you didn't do so well in. You might also want to consider expanding the different choices of school available.

I'm originally from Florida and applied to most of the schools in Florida and all over the east coast of the US. I got accepted to UF and personally wasn't impressed by their program. I opted for a school that was more student centered and a small tight-knit community.

My advice is if you have the opportunity to, go to the open houses of the schools, explore the area, and see what the perks are at each school.

I am getting an A.A. degree in Liberal Arts and Science from the school that i am in currently in. My parents will move to Fl next year so till next year i wanted to complete the courses.

QUOTE="gnguyen22, post: 15894555, member: 577841"]If I was in your position, I would complete a bachelor's degree to better prepare yourself and then later on possibly consider retaking those classes that you didn't do so well in. You might also want to consider expanding the different choices of school available.

I'm originally from Florida and applied to most of the schools in Florida and all over the east coast of the US. I got accepted to UF and personally wasn't impressed by their program. I opted for a school that was more student centered and a small tight-knit community.

My advice is if you have the opportunity to, go to the open houses of the schools, explore the area, and see what the perks are at each school.[/QUOTE]

I just got a confirmation email saying that all my materials have been received. UF is my top choice, but I'm a little worried about my stats. I got a 91 PCAT, but only a 3.1 science gpa. :( I guess we will see. Good luck to everyone applying!
i'm fl res. have a 89 pcat and 2.3 sci gpa. :(

Last edited:
i have a 89 pcat and 2.3 sci gpa. :(
If you're in state, you have a FAR better shot at UF. I'm from NC and I applied to 6 schools last year, had an 85 PCAT and I think a 3.1 science GPA - got into Wingate, MUSC, UGA, VCU, and my top choice UNC-CH. ***GOT NOTHING OTHER THAN AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE EMAIL FROM UF*** So my suggestion (if you're out of state) is to broaden your horizons. But if you're in state... be patient. You'll likely get an interview if you have worthwhile extracurriculars to speak of.

If you're in state, you have a FAR better shot at UF. I'm from NC and I applied to 6 schools last year, had an 85 PCAT and I think a 3.1 science GPA - got into Wingate, MUSC, UGA, VCU, and my top choice UNC-CH. ***GOT NOTHING OTHER THAN AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE EMAIL FROM UF*** So my suggestion (if you're out of state) is to broaden your horizons. But if you're in state... be patient. You'll likely get an interview if you have worthwhile extracurriculars to speak of.
Hi Thanks! I've been denied at LECOM. PBA hasn't granted me an interview based on my gpa until I can raise it with BIOCHEM AND MICBIO.

I don't think I'll get accepted. The dean at UF said those on waitlist, spring grades=decide factor and I'm in state. 2.5 gpa is not competitive enough with higher % of failing pharmd. I'm taking biochem and micbio now. i hope if i get A, they can see that i changed. cause they're upper lvl and uf biochem prof said biochem is hardest class for undergrad cause it medical =course and how well i do in it may determine for admissions and to not take biochem + micbio cause nearly impossible same time. so i hope i get in. I spent 2 yrs preparing for this and thought it could make up for my lowered gpa. I took courses failed and did better, thinking who cares if u failed as long as u improve, but they average everything together. UF sent email they received my app and they are reviewing 3 gpa and 60+ pcat, out state 70 pcat+ 3.5 gpa

Hi Thanks! I've been denied at LECOM. PBA hasn't granted me an interview based on my gpa until I can raise it with BIOCHEM AND MICBIO.

I don't think I'll get accepted. The dean at UF said those on waitlist, spring grades=decide factor and I'm in state. 2.5 gpa is not competitive enough with higher % of failing pharmd. I'm taking biochem and micbio now. i hope if i get A, they can see that i changed. cause they're upper lvl and uf biochem prof said biochem is hardest class for undergrad cause it medical =course and how well i do in it may determine for admissions and to not take biochem + micbio cause nearly impossible same time. so i hope i get in. I spent 2 yrs preparing for this and thought it could make up for my lowered gpa. I took courses failed and did better, thinking who cares if u failed as long as u improve, but they average everything together. UF sent email they received my app and they are reviewing 3 gpa and 60+ pcat, out state 70 pcat+ 3.5 gpa

In regards to grades, they aren't everything. Though they play a part in acceptance, it's good to focus on other things such as experience and extracurricular activities. Your idea of taking upper division classes such as Biochemistry and Microbiology is a good idea because they show that you're able to handle difficult courses.

Hey guys...I applied to UF 1 week ago and received a confirmation email from Mary Beth. I have a 3.8 GPA (with 1 C in organic 1 :( ) my pcat is an 84 composite with a 97 in biology and chemistry. I have some pharmacy experience...not much (only a few months of volunteering). Do I have a chance of getting an interview? How long does it normally take? And I'm a florida resident. Thanks guys! Appreciate your feedback :)

Hey guys...I applied to UF 1 week ago and received a confirmation email from Mary Beth. I have a 3.8 GPA (with 1 C in organic 1 :( ) my pcat is an 84 composite with a 97 in biology and chemistry. I have some pharmacy experience...not much (only a few months of volunteering). Do I have a chance of getting an interview? How long does it normally take? And I'm a florida resident. Thanks guys! Appreciate your feedback :)

You should get an interview. UF is planning on cutting the class size as a whole back a little more each year with the new curriculum that they started this year so it should get slightly more competitive however with what you listed above you should easily still be able to score an interview. Best of luck!

Than
You should get an interview. UF is planning on cutting the class size as a whole back a little more each year with the new curriculum that they started this year so it should get slightly more competitive however with what you listed above you should easily still be able to score an interview. Best of luck!
Thanks....I really hope so. :)

Is it possible to get in with a low science gpa and a high pcat score?