UF VetMed Hopefuls C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They might be sending them out over a couple of days I'm not sure. November 22nd, 9 AM :happy:

I'm also in the Orlando area ahah
Congratulations! I'm not expecting an early interview invite, but now I almost hope I don't get one assuming all the early interviews are on the same day, because my boyfriend's 25th birthday party is the night before. :p Also last year early interviews weren't until December 7th! I wonder if that means early interviewees will get their decisions earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! Do you mind posting your stats? You don't have to, I'm just curious, and have never gotten a solid answer on what UF is looking for in their early interviews.

Thanks everyone and congrats awynne! I'm assuming if they went out over a couple days last year it will happen again this time? I don't mind sharing stats.

GPA: 3.72
Verbal: 159 Quant: 159

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats you two!

I'm hoping to hear in the next few days! That'd be amazing. I am currently interning with Mickey Mouse, so getting an interview before I move back home would be excellent!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Do you mind posting your stats? You don't have to, I'm just curious, and have never gotten a solid answer on what UF is looking for in their early interviews.
GPA 3.81
GRE Verbal 159 Quant. 163

I got one as well! November 22nd at 10am! Ill probably see you walking out @wildk8e !

My stats are
GPA: 3.98
GRE: 157 Q and 158 V

Anyone have any idea what types of questions they focus on? Or anything about their interview process?

I got one as well! November 22nd at 10am! Ill probably see you walking out @wildk8e !

My stats are
GPA: 3.98
GRE: 157 Q and 158 V

Anyone have any idea what types of questions they focus on? Or anything about their interview process?
I imagine they will ask you a generic "weakness and strength" type question. I also think they will cater a lot of their questions towards specific experiences that you wrote about in your application and in your personal statements. A lot of vet students I talked to have told me they were asked specific questions about their experiences.

@Dal00ch13 congrats! :)

I imagine they will ask you a generic "weakness and strength" type question. I also think they will cater a lot of their questions towards specific experiences that you wrote about in your application and in your personal statements. A lot of vet students I talked to have told me they were asked specific questions about their experiences.

I've heard that too @hviolets from some people but a lot of what I've heard from UF is that it's a blind interview and they don't know about any of your past experiences... Not sure if it's the same for the early interviews!

I've heard that too @hviolets from some people but a lot of what I've heard from UF is that it's a blind interview and they don't know about any of your past experiences... Not sure if it's the same for the early interviews!

Two of your interviewers are blind but one has seen your application.

Hiya! Just stumbled upon this forum while looking up interview notification dates for UF :) I'm another UF hopeful and first time applicant! Not banking on making it in first try, but the whole process sure has been something to learn from lol. Congrats to the people who got early interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yep I second WelshCob, one will have seen your app while the others haven't, but it's pretty much nearly blind because they all act like they haven't seen your application. It starts with you talking about yourself and then it goes on from there, I'd suggest looking at old interview questions on SDN to get an idea of what they might ask you. It'll be slightly different of course, but I felt well prepared from going through those.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi there! I am new to the forums, but wanted to get in on this thread! I recede an interview for 11/22 at 2pm! Looking forward to seeing those of you who also received one! :)

I'll be the lone second year on the discussion panel. Come prepared with questions!

Get excited the first round of interviews starts tomorrow!

I decided it would be a great idea (NOT) to fall off a horse and break my foot yesterday, so if you see the person hobbling around on crutches tomorrow- it's probably me!

I decided it would be a great idea (NOT) to fall off a horse and break my foot yesterday, so if you see the person hobbling around on crutches tomorrow- it's probably me!
Ouch! Hope you heal quickly!

Haha they will know you're dedicated. Oh ponies!

Wishing good luck to everyone kicking off interviews today!

Mine went pretty well I think! They had one professor, one private practice, and one 4th year student interview me. It was pretty laid back with most of the predictable questions. Ones I remember:

How do you work in a team setting?
Describe a time when you tried to accomplish a goal but couldn't, and what you did after.
Describe a time when you realized you should have done something differently and what you did to fix it.
What can you bring to UF and the student population?
How would you describe yourself in a couple words?
Who is your role model and why?

They also asked a coupled questions about my individual application and an ethics question on using male dairy calves as veal.

I thought mine went well as well! My favorite part was the fact that the 4th year student who interviewed me ended up taking me on a private tour and rolled me around in a desk chair so I wouldn't have to use my crutches. Hope everyone else had great interviews!

Reactions: 3 users
I know parking isn't great on UF's campus but can anyone tell me more about parking availability near the vet school?

The parking decal we have allows us to park in the lot next to the academic building where you have your lectures (usually fills up first), by the small animal hospital, by the animal science building, across the road in the triangle lot, at the top of the parking garage across the road, or worst case scenario in the commuter lot which is a 15 minute walk away. People do complain about the parking, but I honestly don't think it's too bad - if you show up before 8 you can usually get a spot in a lot directly next to the vet school or small animal hospital, any later and you usually go up the garage. The garage is a little annoying since it takes a while to get to the top, but it's still only a short walk from the vet school and I've only seen it full a few times, and after 10am or so.

That timeline email they just sent out made my heart stop for a second. >.<

Reactions: 8 users
That timeline email they just sent out made my heart stop for a second. >.<
Ugh all of the other pre-med people find things out so much earlier! Poor prevet students have to wait an eternity

I think they do from what I've heard about past application cycles
Interesting...didn't know that. Guess I'm safe from the Valentine's Day interview since I'm IS then. I still wish they told us more than a month in advance though.

I'm pretty sure that's the date for all the OOS people too
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If they had invited all the IS wouldn't they have sent out the rejections already? :s

I'm surprised I didn't freak out when I saw the email. Probably a combo of work being crazy for the entire time I've been here... and getting excited to go back home soon

Does anyone know if we need to send fall transcripts to UF? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere on their site.

I called on Friday and they said no. Our fall transcripts and/or updated vet experiences will not be factored into this application process. Our packets have already been submitted for review.

I called on Friday and they said no. Our fall transcripts and/or updated vet experiences will not be factored into this application process. Our packets have already been submitted for review.
Thanks!

Has everyone completed the animal science and nutrition course requirements? I have the textbooks for both courses through Oklahoma State, if anyone is interested in buying them. I'll give you a great price! :)

Am I the only one who is obsessively checking their email??

Reactions: 4 users
Nope @stahla2 you're not alone... my phone's battery has been seriously suffering from all of this email refreshing!

They didn't give anyone an actual date of when they would notify us, did they? All I remember was "before Christmas"...

I thought we wouldn't hear back until January 19th, at least that's what it said in their email.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1418951828.665378.jpg