UF VetMed Hopefuls C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll probably be wearing suit and tie... even if it is casual lol been waiting for this moment my whole life and definitely not underdressing. Always best to overdress than underdress.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more! Just curious if wearing color is considered less conservative...or rather if that matters as long as you still look business professional. I'm just not a stuffy black suit kind of person unless I have to be :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone :)

I got an interview for 2/7 at 4pm. What's everyone wearing?! I'm seeing a lot of debate over suit pants/skirt and color vs. black and grey only.

Either a pinstripe suit with pants or grey suit with a skirt- depends on the weather that day. Regardless I am wearing a suit with bright shirt. I would rather be over dressed than under and I have a lot of suits from my previous business career.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more! Just curious if wearing color is considered less conservative...or rather if that matters as long as you still look business professional. I'm just not a stuffy black suit kind of person unless I have to be :rolleyes:.
Well I wouldn't think that matters as much I hope! I only have a black suit, but i'll be wearing a bright pink tie lol :D

Well I wouldn't think that matters as much I hope! I only have a black suit, but i'll be wearing a bright pink tie lol :D

I'd definitely remember you in a bright pink tie :p

I'd definitely remember you in a bright pink tie :p

^^ That's what I'm going for! I'm too anxious for this interview lol I hope I don't stutter too much as I seem to do that when I'm nervous. x.x

^^ That's what I'm going for! I'm too anxious for this interview lol I hope I don't stutter too much as I seem to do that when I'm nervous. x.x

Me too! When I'm nervous I ramble...:shy: I'm definitely going to be practicing so that doesn't happen, but UF is my top choice so the pressure is on. Best of luck!

Im a lameness and SM person too! UFs equine program isn't as big as you think it is. We are still WAY out numbered by small animal folks. I do think we have an amazing set of LA clinicians though. Stahla did they show you the new riding/lameness evaluation pavilion on your tour?

I didn't get to go on the tour since I was on crutches :(... I'm planning to go back when I'm walking to get the full tour. I've seen pictures, and it looks amazing!! All the SA people can stay right there- we know where the real fun is at. ;)

I am interested in LA, but have a long history with equine and lameness. I cannot wait to see the facilities! If you own horses, did you bring them with you to UF or are you planning to? @stahla2 @WelshCob

I am planning on bringing mine with me. Hoping to visit some farms next time I go down there. :happy:

Me too! When I'm nervous I ramble...:shy: I'm definitely going to be practicing so that doesn't happen, but UF is my top choice so the pressure is on. Best of luck!
It's my top choice too, and the only school I applied to since its my IS and I refuse to leave Florida. I feel very blessed to have gotten an interview my first round but it's not over yet! The anxiety is 10x higher now X.X And goodluck to you too! BTW I love your avatar; I have a sweet spot for reptiles (Especially Iguanas) ^^ At one point in my undergrad I was considering herpetology.

It's my top choice too, and the only school I applied to since its my IS and I refuse to leave Florida. I feel very blessed to have gotten an interview my first round but it's not over yet! The anxiety is 10x higher now X.X And goodluck to you too! BTW I love your avatar; I have a sweet spot for reptiles (Especially Iguanas) ^^ At one point in my undergrad I was considering herpetology.

Yay an iguana lover! I've always raised iggies, so I have a sweet spot for them too. And thank you! UF is also my IS. I only applied to a few other schools but they are all in the south because I don't do cold weather! But I mainly want to stay in my home state so I'm very lucky to have gotten an interview my first round as well. UF is also my mentor's alma mater so I'd really like to follow in his awesome footsteps. Hence all the pressure! :dead:

Does anybody know how many students have been invited and and approximate percentage of IS/OOS that get accepted?

Hey guys, I also have my interview on Feb 7th at 3pm.. Pretty nervous about it.. So, suit and tie it is. Can anyone guide me to where I can find questions from last year?
I am a UF student/employee, so message me if you guys need directions to the Vet School if you aren't familiar with the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! First time poster....for some reason I couldn't find the UF applicants for c/o 2019! Anyway, congrats to those of you who got in...so exciting! This is my first year applying OOS for UF, and I got an interview for 2/14 at 2pm! I'm so nervous! I think I saw one more person who had that time too?

Hey guys, I also have my interview on Feb 7th at 3pm.. Pretty nervous about it.. So, suit and tie it is. Can anyone guide me to where I can find questions from last year?
I am a UF student/employee, so message me if you guys need directions to the Vet School if you aren't familiar with the area.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf-vet/survey/26#survey-result
Is the website, but it looks like only one person posted for last year. I'm really curious to know what kind of questions they are asking this year, since they change it up sometimes.

I looked at the questions on the interview feedback page- the behavioral questions listed on there really helped me prepare for my interview. I didn't get asked any of the situational ones on there, but I did get asked things like what are your opinions on horse slaughter and mustang round ups and what is the role the vet plays? Also the animal rights vs animal welfare issue was a biggy.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf-vet/survey/26#survey-result
Is the website, but it looks like only one person posted for last year. I'm really curious to know what kind of questions they are asking this year, since they change it up sometimes.

According to my friend who is a first year, the questions changed between early interviews and regular interviews last year. She said that it was best to look at the 2014 questions to get an idea regarding the new style of questioning, but to review all questions because you really dont know what they can ask.

Yay an iguana lover! I've always raised iggies, so I have a sweet spot for them too. And thank you! UF is also my IS. I only applied to a few other schools but they are all in the south because I don't do cold weather! But I mainly want to stay in my home state so I'm very lucky to have gotten an interview my first round as well. UF is also my mentor's alma mater so I'd really like to follow in his awesome footsteps. Hence all the pressure! :dead:
Nice! :p I've only had one iggy and unfortunately he died of kidney failure. I got him as an adult so its likely he had a poor diet prior to me having him :( Although I love reptiles I've had really bad luck with them; all my other reptiles ended up dying because my shed caught fire.

Btw has anyone gotten a response after accepting the interview?

Hmm alright I'll message her. I never got a confirmation

I haven't gotten a confirmation either. Let me know if you get one?

And so sorry about your reptiles. That sounds so sad :(

I haven't gotten a confirmation either. Let me know if you get one?

And so sorry about your reptiles. That sounds so sad :(

I haven't gotten one either and I sent my response back on Saturday.

I got an interview for 2/7 at 4pm. What's everyone wearing?! I'm seeing a lot of debate over suit pants/skirt and color vs. black and grey only.
I have either black dress pants, a white shirt, and a black suitcoat or a nice, crisp black dress. I could wear a thin, colorful belt with the dress and keep the rest black. I'd likely wear a coat over the dress as well. Still deciding!

I'm wearing a navy blue pant suit. I thought about getting a skirt, but I have a tattoo on my ankle...so I thought it would be more professional to wear pants. Plus I hate panty hose!

I'm wearing a navy blue pant suit. I thought about getting a skirt, but I have a tattoo on my ankle...so I thought it would be more professional to wear pants. Plus I hate panty hose!

Sounds very professional! I hate hose too...but I think I hate pants more :laugh:.

Sounds very professional! I hate hose too...but I think I hate pants more :laugh:.

I rarely wear dresses/skirts or even heels anymore, I have a toddler that I have to chase around. So, I feel more comfortable in pants. :) I almost twisted my ankle at my last interview and I had on wedges! LOL :confused:

I received a confirmation email at 8pm last night. I'm wearing what I wore to my last interview... gotta get my money's worth out of that Express suit! haha! with a printed, long sleeve shirt. Or a bright blue tank (underneath the jacket of course). And heels... close-toed, 2 inch-ish. Gotta love getting out of scrubs and feeling like a girl every once and a while! ;)

You have the same date/time I do. :D I'm extremely nervous too!

Do you happen to know if we need a parking permit on the weekends? I'm a UF student, but I'm a distance student...so no parking decal. :( I had to go to the campus for a lab back in August and I remember on the weekends the restrictions were lifted in some lots.

Do you happen to know if we need a parking permit on the weekends? I'm a UF student, but I'm a distance student...so no parking decal. :( I had to go to the campus for a lab back in August and I remember on the weekends the restrictions were lifted in some lots.

When we went for our interview there was no need for any kind of parking decal. I imagine the requirements are lifted on the days the school knows there are interviews occurring as many people come from out of town.

When we went for our interview there was no need for any kind of parking decal. I imagine the requirements are lifted on the days the school knows there are interviews occurring as many people come from out of town.

Yeah, I would think so too. I just get anxious about things like parking for some reason! I have nightmares of being late to things because of stupid things like not being able to find parking. Weird, I know!

I'm going to wear a black suit jacket and pants with some top underneath. Probably low heel pumps and then bringing flats to tour around in :)

You will not need a permit, all parking is lifted during weekends. You have a few options regarding parking: Right in front of the Small Animal Hospital, across the street, right next to it, or if you feel like walking, way back in the Animal Science building. I'll be at the Large Animal Hospital (I work there, and its right behind the Small Animal Hospital) at 2pm just so I am not late lol

I have not interviewed anywhere before, so nerves are running high haha.. Wanna meet up beforehand and go over questions or just practice?

I'm going to wear a black suit jacket and pants with some top underneath. Probably low heel pumps and then bringing flats to tour around in :)
Youre going to like the tour.. The Vet School is pretty large, and is definitely a maze.. Dont get left behind! haha I work there and I still get lost.

All campus parking is lifted on weekends.

You will not need a permit, all parking is lifted during weekends. You have a few options regarding parking: Right in front of the Small Animal Hospital, across the street, right next to it, or if you feel like walking, way back in the Animal Science building. I'll be at the Large Animal Hospital (I work there, and its right behind the Small Animal Hospital) at 2pm just so I am not late lol

I have not interviewed anywhere before, so nerves are running high haha.. Wanna meet up beforehand and go over questions or just practice?

Are you going to the info panel thing at 1pm?

I don't remember seeing a link. It was at the bottom of the invite email. They said there's one at 1pm and 6pm. I guess it's vet students doing like a Q & A session.

I don't remember seeing a link. It was at the bottom of the invite email. They said there's one at 1pm and 6pm. I guess it's vet students doing like a Q & A session.
Yes it is a panel of current veterinary students there aren't any faculty or staff their only students so you are free to ask us pretty much anything you can think of and anything that may be considered faux pas.

Reactions: 1 users
This was asked earlier in the thread, but I don't think it was really answered. Does anyone know who to contact about file reviews, or if they're doing them this year? The rejection email I got just said "In the event that you are interested in improving your packet for a future application date, we have some recommendations for increasing your competitiveness," and went on to list some generic recommendations (do well in your pre-reqs and other science courses, have competitive GPAs/GRE scores, get a variety of experience). I'd like some more specific feedback if they're offering it.