UF VetMed Hopefuls C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"As you consider your academic training"?! What does that mean? It sounds like a good thing though!

Members don't see this ad.

So how many of you want to work with large animals?

Reactions: 1 user
"As you consider your academic training"?! What does that mean? It sounds like a good thing though!

I have no idea what that means. I kind of assumed they just sent it to everyone since no one has gotten decisions yet. So it's weird that only some of us are getting it.

Members don't see this ad :)
By any chance, do those of you who got the email mind sharing what your major is? I'm just wondering because I did not get the email and I am an Animal Science major, but I do have a friend who also applied and is a Health Science major and she received the email. I was just hoping that the reason they sent it to some is because their majors applied to the program and they thought they would be interested, versus it meaning something about our admissions status.

By any chance, do those of you who got the email mind sharing what your major is? I'm just wondering because I did not get the email and I am an Animal Science major, but I do have a friend who also applied and is a Health Science major and she received the email. I was just hoping that the reason they sent it to some is because their majors applied to the program and they thought they would be interested, versus it meaning something about our admissions status.

I'm Pre-Vet/Animal Science

I personally don't but have a friend who is interested.
I have horses and goats and was just curious. Im not familer with vet education. Are residencies required?

I have horses and goats and was just curious. Im not familer with vet education. Are residencies required?
Only if you want to specialize and be board certified. You can practice on large animal with just a DVM and no major further training.

So I absolutely loved Florida when I interviewed, but I'll be accepting a spot at my IS school so I'll be rescinding my application tomorrow. I wish y'all the best of luck and that you enjoy being Florida Gators! I'll be eating Chuy's creamy jalapeño dip back in my IS and I hope y'all enjoy it in Gainesville!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Animal Science/Pre-Vet Major, OOS. Interested in working with large/food animals.

I got the email as well. Biology major, OOS, and have already received my admissions decision

Scrolled through last year's thread. This email is new for this year and making me pretty nervous...seems lime a bad thing I didn't get one.

On another note, today was the day for LAST year's cycle, and I believe that were ahead of us by a week or two.

Scrolled through last year's thread. This email is new for this year and making me pretty nervous...seems lime a bad thing I didn't get one.

On another note, today was the day for LAST year's cycle, and I believe that were ahead of us by a week or two.
Yeah its making me pretty nervous too. I don't know what to think of it. :(

Yeah its making me pretty nervous too. I don't know what to think of it. :(
I'm scared too:( Although, if admissions decisions were truly made by now you'd think they would have notified us. I looked through last year's thread, and someone actually mentioned the dvm/mph email briefly but not many people talked about it.

Maybe one of the interview groups got left of the email by accident?

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe. I had an early interview and was not accepted early. This is the first I've heard from Florida in almost 2 months.

So, I called about the email this morning (so much for waiting it out!). The email was sent to early interviewees only, since those invitations have already been sent out.

Also, the rest of us should be receiving decisions at the end of this week. :eek::eek:

Reactions: 6 users
So, I called about the email this morning (so much for waiting it out!). The email was sent to early interviewees only, since those invitations have already been sent out.

Also, the rest of us should be receiving decisions at the end of this week. :eek::eek:
EEK!!

I just want to sleep (or play video games!) through the next two days, which includes my birthday lol, so that I can wake up and have the decision!

Reactions: 3 users
I just want to sleep (or play video games!) through the next two days, which includes my birthday lol, so that I can wake up and have the decision!
I'm with you on this one. Video games for the next two days! I'm about to have spring break anyways.

This is the last school I'm waiting to hear from and of course it's my #1 pick if I'm accepted. A few more days...just a few more...

I'm getting SO excited for you all!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to drop by and say that everyone in 2018 is really excited for you all to find out your status and welcome some new Gators to UF.

Reactions: 6 users
Agreed with Patty! I met some of you the first weekend in the morning giving the powerpoint presentation. We are all so excited to meet 2019...and also really hope you are enjoying the time you have now before experiencing what is vet school.

Seriously. Right now every time I get an email, I also get a stab of anxiety!

Lol we're discussing this in the random thread!

I see gold and white.. Lol
100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I saw white and gold, now I'm seeing black and blue. What is this witchcraft?

Reactions: 1 users
Gold and white...lol where is this blue and black? Do I need to tilt my phone?? Haha

I only see white and gold. I feel like everyone has magical eyes and mine are broken.

People perceive the color differently due to something with the rods and cones responsible for processing images in your eyes. I see it as white and gold, but other people compensate for the flash and backlighting and see it as blue and black. When you take the picture, turn up the contrast, and turn down the brightness, the dress really is blue and black. There's a video out there that does that and that's when I finally believed hahaha

People perceive the color differently due to something with the rods and cones responsible for processing images in your eyes. I see it as white and gold, but other people compensate for the flash and backlighting and see it as blue and black. When you take the picture, turn up the contrast, and turn down the brightness, the dress really is blue and black. There's a video out there that does that and that's when I finally believed hahaha
Yahoo News has an article that shows the real dress as worn by the person and it is blue and black.

Is today the day?!
Im literally checking my email every 30min... Lol I just imagine them arguing over the last spot of who is going to be accepted which is why this seems to be taking forever!!