UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was in calculus this semester but I ended up dropping because it was so hard with my other classes and I wasn't sure how great my chances were for UF because of my GPA! That's the only school I applied to that required calculus, so I would have hated to stay in it and suffered in my other classes if I wasn't too sure about being accepted! Do you go to UF?
Do they accept Linear algebra instead of calculus?

Members don't see this ad.

Do they accept Linear algebra instead of calculus?

I don't think so, but you could always call and ask. I asked about some of my math classes and they were very clear that they required calculus.. Not algebra, pre calculus, stats, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
If its like last year then there is no deposit. You just have to email back and then sign and send back the paper they send you regarding your animal science and nutrition courses. After that don't expect to hear anything back until May/early June when you begin your online orientation. I personally thought they had forgotten about me and that I wasn't really accepted because I literally didn't hear anything for over two months :cat:
Animal science & nutrition course??? Have to take those before? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so, but you could always call and ask. I asked about some of my math classes and they were very clear that they required calculus.. Not algebra, pre calculus, stats, etc.
Ughhh! Really. I took algebra & stat... Hate calculus :(. Thank you though.

Yes, those are prereqs you'll have to take before.

Here's the full list of UF prereqs: http://education.vetmed.ufl.edu/admissions/undergraduate-course-requirements/

If you're ever unsure about a specific course meeting the requirements or not, just give them a call and ask. They're really helpful! You can also email, it'll just take a little longer.
I'm currently taking both AS and AN as correspondence classes from OSU. It's manageable to get them done before may, if you wanted to sign up sometimes soon. I've been working on them a while and I will be done next month. :)

Thanks! Just not sure when I'm going to get interview at all:(
Also, it's hard to take 5 courses at once when I work full time in the lab...
Is there still hope to get an interview, I'm OS?

Congrats to those already in!

Thanks! Just not sure when I'm going to get interview at all:(
Also, it's hard to take 5 courses at once when I work full time in the lab...
Is there still hope to get an interview, I'm OS?

Congrats to those already in!

People will start hearing about interviews early January they have only had the early interviews so far and so there's definitely still hope!

So how should we plan to send our fall transcripts? Having trouble finding information online

So how should we plan to send our fall transcripts? Having trouble finding information online
I had emailed them asking about that and they told me that they will request transcripts when/if you are offered an interview

I had emailed them asking about that and they told me that they will request transcripts when/if you are offered an interview
I already had my early admissions interview and they haven't requested any new information! I went ahead and emailed them as well. Thank you though!

I already had my early admissions interview and they haven't requested any new information! I went ahead and emailed them as well. Thank you though!
No problem, maybe the early interviews are different!

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually they will request fall transcripts after you're accepted. I believe I sent mine at the end of the spring semester with my fall and spring grades. So unless they have changed it, they will probably request them at a later time. If anyone wants to make sure, call Alex Alvelino who is the pre-vet advisor and she will be happy to tell you. This also means your fall grades are not weighed into your application.

Anyone heard anything on a date for interview invites :) ???

They don't really tell you a date, you just receive an email. Last year it was Jan. 16th. So it will probably be around a similar time this year.

They don't really tell you a date, you just receive an email. Last year it was Jan. 16th. So it will probably be around a similar time this year.
What do you mean, they don't tell you an interview date? Why not? Are you are current student?

What do you mean, they don't tell you an interview date? Why not? Are you are current student?
I thinkkkk they meant that UF doesn't tell us a date to expect the invites to go out. I have down that they hold the actual interviews on Feb 13th and Feb 20th (I forget where I got these dates though).

I'm not a current student, but I did go through the app process with UF last year. UF doesn't list on their application page when interview invitations will be sent out. They simply email you if you get an interview or if you do not. Not sure why UF does it that way. That's just how they roll I guess. I think we're all assuming it will be around mid-January like last year. I suppose if you're really curious, you could call the vet school and ask... I'm not sure if anyone has done that yet??

I'm not a current student, but I did go through the app process with UF last year. UF doesn't list on their application page when interview invitations will be sent out. They simply email you if you get an interview or if you do not. Not sure why UF does it that way. That's just how they roll I guess. I think we're all assuming it will be around mid-January like last year. I suppose if you're really curious, you could call the vet school and ask... I'm not sure if anyone has done that yet??
AHHHHHH the impatience! LOL

I'm telling myself we'll hear next Friday- Idk how much longer I can wait ...:dead:

Most likely interviews will be sent out in another week or two. I received mine only 3 weeks before my actual interview so unfortunately the waiting game is not over yet. Also there is not really a certain time period within the day in which they are sent out. Some schools would send everything during business hours but my UF email was sent at 10 pm on a Friday :) And they don't release an actual date for the invites because it would freak people out more if they were given a date and they didn't receive anything because of delays with the committee. I know this is probably the most stressful period in your lives right now and the waiting game sucks, but try to relax and distract yourself from checking your email 30 times a day, it will help the time go by faster.

Most likely interviews will be sent out in another week or two. I received mine only 3 weeks before my actual interview so unfortunately the waiting game is not over yet. Also there is not really a certain time period within the day in which they are sent out. Some schools would send everything during business hours but my UF email was sent at 10 pm on a Friday :) And they don't release an actual date for the invites because it would freak people out more if they were given a date and they didn't receive anything because of delays with the committee. I know this is probably the most stressful period in your lives right now and the waiting game sucks, but try to relax and distract yourself from checking your email 30 times a day, it will help the time go by faster.
30 times would be good for me Ugh so it could be not till the end of Jan?

Last year I think they started going out on the 16th. They were at random times also (after hours, weekend etc.). I figured they started on Friday after 5 last year so they wouldn't be getting phone calls... Lol. Also, feeling the pain with you, this is my second application cycle .

Last year I think they started going out on the 16th. They were at random times also (after hours, weekend etc.). I figured they started on Friday after 5 last year so they wouldn't be getting phone calls... Lol. Also, feeling the pain with you, this is my second application cycle .
Did they all go out on one day or multiple days?

Did they all go out on one day or multiple days?
People started posting on SDN Friday late in the day, and into Saturday. Then the wait list people. My email came Saturday afternoon.

People started posting on SDN Friday late in the day, and into Saturday. Then the wait list people. My email came Saturday afternoon.
Ahhh were you waitlisted last year or had a interview! Omg I'm so nervous

Just called admissions they said they haven't sent out anything ye...which is weird because some people already had interviews and were accepted...but whatever.

Anyways she said they will be sending stuff out through the end of this month. On the website it lists interviews as the 13th and 20th

Just called admissions they said they haven't sent out anything ye...which is weird because some people already had interviews and were accepted...but whatever.

Anyways she said they will be sending stuff out through the end of this month. On the website it lists interviews as the 13th and 20th
They had early admission and interviews. I'm assuming we will hear from them this Friday late and Saturday. Did they give you any idea as to when they were gonna send out invites?

Does anyone know if UFCVM is open to do interviews through video conference call like on skype? I'm currently out of the country until August and if granted an interview I might be challenging to get back to the US.

Does anyone know if UFCVM is open to do interviews through video conference call like on skype? I'm currently out of the country until August and if granted an interview I might be challenging to get back to the US.

They are in special circumstances! I play a sport at school and for the early interview they allowed me to do a Skype interview since I had a game the same day so I'm sure since you aren't in the country they would be accommodating.

They are in special circumstances! I play a sport at school and for the early interview they allowed me to do a Skype interview since I had a game the same day so I'm sure since you aren't in the country they would be accommodating.

Ok thank-you! That's really good to know! It's great that they are understanding.

How did your interview go by the way?

Ok thank-you! That's really good to know! It's great that they are understanding.

How did your interview go by the way?

It went extremely well!! Was very low stress which helped but didn't get an early acceptance so waiting just like everyone else :confused:

It went extremely well!! Was very low stress which helped but didn't get an early acceptance so waiting just like everyone else :confused:
That's good it went well.
Best of luck to you.

has anyone still hasn't heard anything?
anyone call or got email recently about updates?
I havent heard anything from them as of yet. :( :(:arghh::arghh::arghh:

has anyone still hasn't heard anything?
anyone call or got email recently about updates?
I havent heard anything from them as of yet. :( :(:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Likely won't until Friday or Saturday. Don't sweat it! I'm pretty sure that no one, outside of those who were granted early interviews back in November, has heard back from them regarding their usual February interviews.

Likely won't until Friday or Saturday. Don't sweat it! I'm pretty sure that no one, outside of those who were granted early interviews back in November, has heard back from them regarding their usual February interviews.

Aww thanks I feel a little better.. Holding on to the little hope I have left!! :)

Soooooo... How sure are we that they are going out this weekend!?

Good luck on interviews guys! I think you will find that there was no reason to stress about it at all...but I'm sure that won't make a damn of a difference haha. Just spoke with Ms. Chaparro and she said that they're just about done with finalizing the interview stuff so I'm sure you'll here soon. Can't wait to see who will be part of THE c/o 2020 with me...Go Gators!

Good luck on interviews guys! I think you will find that there was no reason to stress about it at all...but I'm sure that won't make a damn of a difference haha. Just spoke with Ms. Chaparro and she said that they're just about done with finalizing the interview stuff so I'm sure you'll here soon. Can't wait to see who will be part of THE c/o 2020 with me...Go Gators!
Omg omg omg omg! hopefully it will be this weekend!? Ps hope to be joining you in gator nation soon!

Ps ps no such thing as don't stress lol

They had early admission and interviews. I'm assuming we will hear from them this Friday late and Saturday. Did they give you any idea as to when they were gonna send out invites?
No they didn't really say