UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an interview invite (OOS)! however it doesn't say the date or time it says "Your interview is scheduled for Saturday at . Please plan to arrive..." so that will have to be addressed lol!

Edit: So check your emails!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Omg. !! Just got an interview for Feb 13!!!!!! Omg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
They sent a follow up and mine is Feb 20th!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG I just got an interview :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:totally freaking out!

Does anybody know how lenient UFCVM is with changing interview dates? I have a huge event I am running for a school organization that is the day of my interview :wideyed:. I plan on emailing/calling to find out if they will change it, but was just curious if anyone knows from experience how they might respond?

Hi! Congratulations to everyone who got interview invite!! So excited for you all. I'm sure you all will do amazing. Does anyone know if they are sending invites just today or will it be over the course of couple of days. I did not get anything yet and I'm check my email every millisecond

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't receive anything either. Maybe we're on the "waitlist to interview" or something??

CONGRATS EVERYONE! I got a early interview but, no early admission. Hope to be joining you all in class of 2020!!! :)

To everyone who got interviews, did it give you a date you had to accept or decline by?

CONGRATS EVERYONE! I got a early interview but, no early admission. Hope to be joining you all in class of 2020!!! :)

Me too Fingers crossed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
February 20th, is anyone else that day too?

Hi! Congratulations to everyone who got interview invite!! So excited for you all. I'm sure you all will do amazing. Does anyone know if they are sending invites just today or will it be over the course of couple of days. I did not get anything yet and I'm check my email every millisecond

A little hard for me to tell but it seems like last year they may have sent emails over the course of several days? So we may just be getting invited/rejected tomorrow haha

A little hard for me to tell but it seems like last year they may have sent emails over the course of several days? So we may just be getting invited/rejected tomorrow haha
Thank you so much️ I guess i will keep checking there is still hope

Just got an interview invite for the 13th! It's at 8am though, waaay earlier than I usually wake up! Anyone else scheduled for a morning block?

Got an interview for the 13th as well! :D Congratulations everyone!!!

Just got an interview invite for the 13th! It's at 8am though, waaay earlier than I usually wake up! Anyone else scheduled for a morning block?
Mine in on the 13th at 9 am, so ill be right after you! :)

Does anyone know where to locate interveiw questions to get familiar with for Florida? Like mock interview questions

Mine was at 8 am the first day too and I am not a morning person, but most likely you'll be so excited that you'll wake up no problem :)

Does anyone know where to locate interveiw questions to get familiar with for Florida? Like mock interview questions
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...ity-of-florida-college-of-veterinary-medicine is a compilation of past questions that other users have submitted. But I would still take these with a grain of salt because every interviewer is different. Most likely you'll be asked some sort of current event question but don't worry if you don't know it. It's better for you to admit your lack of knowledge than to try and bull**** your way through the question. Also use these as a resource to help you feel more comfortable but please to not come up with responses and try to memorize them. Most likely you'll only get one of two questions similar and trying to remember a memorized response tends to make people more nervous during the interview. Just relax, breathe, and be yourself. They just want to get to know you and get a feel for your personality and passions. Also congratulations to all those interviewing and best of luck!
edit: Also during your interview don't freak out if you see them writing, the interviewers are just taking notes. It's nothing bad I promise!
another edit: I forgot to mention that you have 3 interviewers and only 2 of them have looked over your application. So just remember to answer your questions by giving examples or elaborating on your experiences.

Last edited:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...ity-of-florida-college-of-veterinary-medicine is a compilation of past questions that other users have submitted. But I would still take these with a grain of salt because every interviewer is different. Most likely you'll be asked some sort of current event question but don't worry if you don't know it. It's better for you to admit your lack of knowledge than to try and bull**** your way through the question. Also use these as a resource to help you feel more comfortable but please to not come up with responses and try to memorize them. Most likely you'll only get one of two questions similar and trying to remember a memorized response tends to make people more nervous during the interview. Just relax, breathe, and be yourself. They just want to get to know you and get a feel for your personality and passions. Also congratulations to all those interviewing and best of luck!
edit: Also during your interview don't freak out if you see them writing, the interviewers are just taking notes. It's nothing bad I promise!
another edit: I forgot to mention that you have 3 interviewers and only 2 of them have looked over your application. So just remember to answer your questions by giving examples or elaborating on your experiences.
Thank you! Do you suggest reading up on current veterinary news? And is the interview a one on one thing or is it group interview. And do they tend to ask only veterinary related questions or do they ask about your hobbies ect?

Rejected as well. Congrats/good luck to everyone else!

These flights are SO expensive though :( anyone find any good deals? I'm from MA and the flights are like $500 yikess

Congrats everyone going for interviews! Can't wait to see you all :) Feel free to pm me if you need any advice!

These flights are SO expensive though :( anyone find any good deals? I'm from MA and the flights are like $500 yikess
I live in Gainesville, and it's actually cheaper to fly in from the Orlando airport! The one here is super tiny, so prices are really high

I live in Gainesville, and it's actually cheaper to fly in from the Orlando airport! The one here is super tiny, so prices are really high
Oh good to know thank you!!! These prices look better...haha

Thank you! Do you suggest reading up on current veterinary news? And is the interview a one on one thing or is it group interview. And do they tend to ask only veterinary related questions or do they ask about your hobbies ect?
Its a one on three interview, so just you and your three interviewers where one is a current student, one a UFCVM faculty member, and one either another UF faculty member or a veterinarian outside of UF. What they ask depends on who interviews you, for mine it was about 25 minutes asking about hobbies and such, and the other 25 were more serious interview type questions, but others had different experiences with there interviews. As for the news I doesn't hurt to look up current major issues but you don't have to be extensive about it. Very likely you still might not know much about it, mine was about how I would control feral swine populations, which I never heard of but I just admitted my lack of knowledge but related it to lionfish population control. They aren't testing your knowledge or judging you on your opinions, they are just seeing if you can think logically and critically, and that you have beliefs in which you can support them with reasoning.

You can also fly in to the Jacksonville airport if that's any cheaper than Orlando or you can also try Tampa. Jacksonville is the closest to Gainesville, and Tampa and Orlando are about the same distance away.

If you fly into Orlando you're going to have to rent a car as it is a two hour drive north to Gainesville. You can also look into the Jacksonville airport thats about an hour and a half drive.

If you fly into Orlando you're going to have to rent a car as it is a two hour drive north to Gainesville. You can also look into the Jacksonville airport thats about an hour and a half drive.
I was thinking of making a trip out of it anyways and decided to get a rental car - I did find some cheaper jacksonville flights too so thanks!

Are guest welcome on tours and other aspects of the interview day? Other than the interview itself of course ! :)

Are guest welcome on tours and other aspects of the interview day? Other than the interview itself of course ! :)

Absolutely! Many people come with parents or significant others who are welcome to wait in the hospital waiting area and take the tours with you once you're done with interviews.

Is anyone calling to confirm that Ms. Chapparo has received your confirmation for the interview? Or just assuming she has received it?

Is anyone calling to confirm that Ms. Chapparo has received your confirmation for the interview? Or just assuming she has received it?
I had not even considered calling, but now that you mention it I am wondering if we should

She actually responded to my email the day after I sent it. Maybe call to be certain she got it!
I didn't get a response! I did send it on Saturday though, and yesterday was a holiday so maybe I'll get something today