UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
At the end of an interview I am assuming the interveiwer may ask if we have any questions, I was wondering what questions are appropriate to ask at that time?

Anything really. That is your time to ask questions about the school, gainesville, the program ect...

Last edited:
If you have a particular field of interest, it may be good to ask about specific programs or anything that UF does with that that you may want to know more about. Remember you're interviewing your schools as much as they are interviewing you! ;)
I want to be a gator so bad!!!!!! Hahh hopefully this is my year!!!! Ahhh the excitement I can't believe it's this Saturday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow that's cool! Do you get that before or after your actual interview session?

Yep! You'll get that right before you go into your interview. There's also some nice stuff in there about Gainesville like restaurant guides, apartment guides and touristy stuff.

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!!! Does anyone know how many IS and OOS are interviewing and what the breakdown is?

Very excited! I'll see some of you in a week!

Reactions: 1 user
tomorrow's the big day!! good luck to everyone who's interviewing! (i've looked at the questions on here over and over and i still feel nervous!)

tomorrow's the big day!! good luck to everyone who's interviewing! (i've looked at the questions on here over and over and i still feel nervous!)
Don't be nervous! I had mine last weekend and everyone was really nice! They definitely just want you to be yourself, so don't try and practice answers that you think they want to hear. Good Luck!

Regarding thank you letters, is the preferred method mail?

Question for current students (did early interview so I can't ask this weekend): If I would ideally do the aquatic animal certification in addition to my DVM, would it be too much of a courseload to also apply to the DVM/MPH program?

Question for current students (did early interview so I can't ask this weekend): If I would ideally do the aquatic animal certification in addition to my DVM, would it be too much of a courseload to also apply to the DVM/MPH program?
I have been wondering the same thing.... from what I've looked into you would have to start taking 6 classes over the summer.... I'm considering the DVM/MPH but, I don't want to be drowning.... I'd love to hear some feedback from current students at UF

Does anybody know when we'll hear about admission decisions?

Does anybody know when we'll hear about admission decisions?
On the letter they give you in your packet on interview day it says early March but hopefully it will be before then!

Anxiously waiting!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Ginn seemed pretty confident about sending out acceptance letters by Friday, so the wait shouldn't be too long. We're definitely getting them before March!

Dr. Ginn seemed pretty confident about sending out acceptance letters by Friday, so the wait shouldn't be too long. We're definitely getting them before March!
Really! That be great if we get them by this coming Friday!

Do they come by mail or email?

Anyone have any inside dets for when we think these letters are coming? We still pretty confident with Friday?

I'm hoping they email us tomorrow! They had said early next week (as in this week) but maybe I'm being optimistic lol

I'm hoping they email us tomorrow! They had said early next week (as in this week) but maybe I'm being optimistic lol
Every ping I get for an email I frantically open it and then get disappointed it's some bs email lol

Ahhh! Where'd you hear early this week??
The lady my interview group debriefed with on Saturday after the interview! I think it was the dean of admissions or something,... she said something like she hopes to have decisions out by next week maybe early in the week but definitely by the 29th and said something how we were the last interview group so their decisions were almost all made.

The lady my interview group debriefed with on Saturday after the interview! I think it was the dean of admissions or something,... she said something like she hopes to have decisions out by next week maybe early in the week but definitely by the 29th and said something how we were the last interview group so their decisions were almost all made.
Now I'm going to be checking my phone even more frequently!! Thanks for the info!

That be awesome! I was assuming it would be Friday that we would get an email the 26th but the early the better!

Does anyone have any insight into what day this week they wanted to be notifying us by? I'm getting so anxious!

Send the emails send the emails send the emails lol

The funny thing is that by now, they have all the decisions made and I'm pretty sure the list is set. They are literally sitting on the decisions lol

Reactions: 3 users
The funny thing is that by now, they have all the decisions made and I'm pretty sure the list is set. They are literally sitting on the decisions lol
I know!!! Why!!!! Don't they know we are dying over here! That list has been made!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hang tight, guys! Maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow!!

Do you think they will be late day emails like the interview invites were?

So I just spent like 10 minutes looking through last years thread. They received their acceptances the last friday of the month so for us would be the 26th and they began to go out around 2. So MAYBE we will get them Thursday or Friday!

So I just spent like 10 minutes looking through last years thread. They received their acceptances the last friday of the month so for us would be the 26th and they began to go out around 2. So MAYBE we will get them Thursday or Friday!
I don't want to be a bubble buster, but your interviews were held a week later than they were last year so it could quite possible be sometime next week for you to receive your decisions. I don't want y'all to be freaking out all day Thursday and Friday because I've been there and it isn't fun having a mini heart attack every time your inbox beeps lol. I suggest keeping yourselves busy these next few days to help maintain your sanity and I wish you all the best of luck!!!!

Accepted OOS!!! :soexcited:

My friend was just accepted OOS too! Congrats everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Also don't freak out if you haven't received a decision it sounded like alternate emails may go out later from what it sounded like when I talked to admissions!

Waitlisted :/ how does that work for IS I feel I have no shot

ACCEPTED OOS :claps:

still nothing.....any early interviewers heard yet?

Accepted! IS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Waitlisted :/ how does that work for IS I feel I have no shot
Yeah I got wait listed too, Im accepted into UT and Auburn so I'm just going to pick one of those :) I heard the wait list for instate barely moves and I'm not gonna wait around or say no to Auburn or UT and risk not getting in period. OOS moves a lot more.