UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I got wait listed too, Im accepted into UT and Auburn so I'm just going to pick one of those :) I heard the wait list for instate barely moves and I'm not gonna wait around or say no to Auburn or UT and risk not getting in period. OOS moves a lot more.
That's what I was scared of that it would be very unlikely to move... Unlike you though I haven't been accepted elsewhere :( still waiting on Illinois

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! Someone should make the FB page!

Reactions: 1 user
I just talked to Ms. Hudson, FYI some groups in the early interviews aren't going to receive decisions until tomorrow or Monday at the latest...just in case anyone else was freaking out like I was!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected IS congrats to everyone who got in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone not heard that was a part of the regular interviews? I interviewed on the 20th and haven't received an email...

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone accepted!!! We are all so excited to meet you guys! :clap:

If you haven't gotten an email yet, don't fret! They haven't all gone out, so just keep your eyes and ears peeled. If you were waitlisted, keep hope! There's a good amount of people who got off the waitlist in 2019 and things always move around.

Congrats everyone accepted!!! We are all so excited to meet you guys! :clap:

If you haven't gotten an email yet, don't fret! They haven't all gone out, so just keep your eyes and ears peeled. If you were waitlisted, keep hope! There's a good amount of people who got off the waitlist in 2019 and things always move around.
Does the in state waitlist move much? I feel like it wouldn't ..

Rejected IS. Ah well, there's always next time

Congrats to everyone who made it in!! So excited for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the in state waitlist move much? I feel like it wouldn't ..

It's different every year. OOS moves a lot, IS not as much. But it still happens...especially since UF is one of the last to send out acceptances and often people commit to other places. People will be jumping around all summer until final answers are due. You still have a shot!

Accepted Instate :))) Congratulations and hello future classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
It's different every year. OOS moves a lot, IS not as much. But it still happens...especially since UF is one of the last to send out acceptances and often people commit to other places. People will be jumping around all summer until final answers are due. You still have a shot!
I guess I will hold my breath then! Do you know when you look at class statistics online if where it says accepted, and denied acceptance of the denied acceptance spot is the number of alternates that were asked to join the class or does UF go over the class limit in assumption 2-3 will say no?

To those who were rejected, are you planning to do a packet review? I really want one, but it's so late in April! Right after the deadline to commit to a school :( I'm hoping we're allowed to schedule an earlier one because I want to see if I should just reapply next year

To those who were rejected, are you planning to do a packet review? I really want one, but it's so late in April! Right after the deadline to commit to a school :( I'm hoping we're allowed to schedule an earlier one because I want to see if I should just reapply next year
For me, being rejected by UF was really upsetting as I'm IS and it was definitely my top choice. But I was accepted to 2 other schools and so I'm accepting a position at one of them instead of trying to reapply. You should be proud if you got into any school, because a lot of people don't. :) But at the end of the day, do what feels right for you. Maybe try to see if you can schedule an earlier file review and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I guess I will hold my breath then! Do you know when you look at class statistics online if where it says accepted, and denied acceptance of the denied acceptance spot is the number of alternates that were asked to join the class or does UF go over the class limit in assumption 2-3 will say no?

If I'm understanding correctly, the people listed as denied on the class statistics would include anyone who didn't get off the wait list. UF typically only offers the available number of acceptances to IS students because most people go with their in-state and they don't want to risk accepting more people than seats allotted. But that also means that the wait list is more apt to move because some people change their minds and they need to fill those empty seats.

Has anyone not heard that was a part of the regular interviews? I interviewed on the 20th and haven't received an email...

Same here, interviewed on the 20th and still no email!!!!

If I'm understanding correctly, the people listed as denied on the class statistics would include anyone who didn't get off the wait list. UF typically only offers the available number of acceptances to IS students because most people go with their in-state and they don't want to risk accepting more people than seats allotted. But that also means that the wait list is more apt to move because some people change their minds and they need to fill those empty seats.
Mhm okay. Do you happen to know roughly about how many people are listed as alternates?

Hey so I have a couple quick questions for current students:
1 - What are the scholarship opportunities like at UF? I've searched online and it looks like they list quite a few more on their website than a lot of other schools but I would love to hear how realistic it is a get one? (I do understand most scholarships are minimal but every little bit helps!)
2 - Does UF CVM have a dress code for classes?
3 - Does anybody come to talk to first year students about applying for the Army Health Professions Scholarship, or is that something students typically do on their own time with recruiters? - along with that at what point in the first year do students typically apply for this?
4 - As a student - what is your favorite and least favorite thing about attending UF CVM?
I think that's all for now :D!

1 - What are the scholarship opportunities like at UF? I've searched online and it looks like they list quite a few more on their website than a lot of other schools but I would love to hear how realistic it is a get one? (I do understand most scholarships are minimal but every little bit helps!)
3 - Does anybody come to talk to first year students about applying for the Army Health Professions Scholarship, or is that something students typically do on their own time with recruiters? - along with that at what point in the first year do students typically apply for this?
4 - As a student - what is your favorite and least favorite thing about attending UF CVM?

I'm a 2020 accepted student but there is no dress code for class (obv different for rotations). I'm assuming scrubs or yoga pants on the daily :)

Congrats all! I'm excited to meet the rest of my 2020 classmates :)

For current students, I know this is SUPER premature (I received my acceptance in Dec so I've had a lot of time to think and prepare), my parents want to get me a stethoscope for graduation. Is it to premature to get one as a first year? I think I already know I want the Littmann Cardio III, but I don't want to have them get me that as a graduation present if it is way too premature, if that makes sense.

I'm a 2020 accepted student but there is no dress code for class (obv different for rotations). I'm assuming scrubs or yoga pants on the daily :)
Great! I know it's silly to care, but I will be a much happier student knowing I can dress comfortably for sitting through lectures all day!

Great! I know it's silly to care, but I will be a much happier student knowing I can dress comfortably for sitting through lectures all day!

Totally not a silly question, I asked the same thing :) Haha. I'd' like to think I absorb more information when I wear comfy clothes but maybe that is just me being lazy haha

1. There are a good amount of scholarships opportunities, many you will just be automatically considered for or they typically will send you applications for new opportunities that pop up. Unfortunately there is not an extensive amount for first year compared to undergrad unless you are out of state or are eligible for grants, because a lot of the scholarships will use your current vet school gpa, faculty recommendations, and other things you will accumulate on your resume first year.
2. There IS a Dress Code for class! It's not too bad though, very business casual or scrubs is acceptable. So nice jeans and a UF cvm shirt/blouse, or scrubs is typically what most people wear on a day to day basis. The dress code must be followed anytime you are in the hospital and not just on clinics. The dress code is more leanient in the academic building, just don't look like a slob in front of your professors and you'll be good. However there are some professors that are more traditional and I would highly recommend NOT wearing yoga pants to class for those lectures. Because you are still a professional student and want to send a good message to your future colleagues. I only wear my work out clothes when we have a short day for a test review, normally I'm in scrubs because of anatomy and clinical skills labs, or jeans and a UF shirt. Nothing extreme like Auburn's or Mississippi's dress codes.
3. If I recall correctly there was a recruiter that presented during orientation about the army scholarship. Just be warned it is extremely competitive.
4. My favorite thing is all the different hands on experiences I've been able to get as a first year and the amazing support system UF cvm has and the people here. Least favorite is any class before 10 am, I'm not a morning person lol

Last edited:
1. There are a good amount of scholarships opportunities, many you will just be automatically considered for or they typically will send you applications for new opportunities that pop up. Unfortunately there is not an extensive amount for first year compared to undergrad unless you are out of state or are eligible for grants, because a lot of the scholarships will use your current vet school gpa, faculty recommendations, and other things you will accumulate on your resume first year.
2. There IS a Dress Code for class! It's not too bad though, very business casual or scrubs is acceptable. So nice jeans and a UF cvm shirt/blouse, or scrubs is typically what most people wear on a day to day basis. The dress code must be followed anytime your are in the hospital and not just on clinics. The dress code is more leanient in the academic building, just don't look like a slob in front of your professors and you'll be good. However there are some professors that are more traditional and I would highly recommend NOT wearing yoga pants to class for those lectures. Because you are still a professional student and want to send a good meads age to your future colleagues. I only wear my work out clothes when we have a short day for a test review, normally I'm in scrubs because of anatomy and clinical skills labs, or jeans and a UF shirt. Nothing extreme like Auburn's or Mississippi's dress codes.
3. If I recall correctly there was a recruiter that presented during orientation about the army scholarship. Just be warned it is extremely competitive.
4. My favorite thing is all the different hands on experiences I've been able to get as a first year and the amazing support system UF cvm has and the people here. Least favorite is any class before 10 am, I'm not a morning person lol
Thank you so much for the helpful info! I assumed there would be a dress code, but was just hopeful it wouldn't be quite as strict as Mississippi and Auburn's. I have no problem wearing dark jeans/slacks and a nice blouse most days :)!
I am very excited about the staff and students at UF - just from my interview and joining the Facebook page I already love how friendly everyone has been!

Thank you so much for the helpful info! I assumed there would be a dress code, but was just hopeful it wouldn't be quite as strict as Mississippi and Auburn's. I have no problem wearing dark jeans/slacks and a nice blouse most days :)!
I am very excited about the staff and students at UF - just from my interview and joining the Facebook page I already love how friendly everyone has been!
No problem! I'm a comfort hound so I love that our dress code isn't too strict. Most likely you'll be in scrubs most of the time because its really convenient to not have to change for anatomy during lunch. I have super soft scrubs that feel like I'm wearing pj's so it was a win win for me :)

Mhm okay. Do you happen to know roughly about how many people are listed as alternates?
I'm not sure on that :/ But there were only so many of you guys that interviewed with 88 IS spots. You could probably guesstimate it by looking at previous years statistics of how many IS people interviewed minus 88 and then figure the remainder are a mixture of waitlist and rejections. I'm not sure that helps much though because it's not really definitive.

Congrats all! I'm excited to meet the rest of my 2020 classmates :)

For current students, I know this is SUPER premature (I received my acceptance in Dec so I've had a lot of time to think and prepare), my parents want to get me a stethoscope for graduation. Is it to premature to get one as a first year? I think I already know I want the Littmann Cardio III, but I don't want to have them get me that as a graduation present if it is way too premature, if that makes sense.

Not at all premature! I didn't have one going into first year and it was fine because they maintained that you really didn't need one until your 2nd year. This is mostly because for the opportunities when we would get to use them, there's always someone to borrow from for that task.

BUT! Now that clinical skills has become a more involved thing (2019 has been the first class that it's been so extensive and hands on), there are many more opportunities for them and it's nice to have your own. Plus you'll be required to do 2 weekend rotations in the large and small animal hospitals every semester and they like for you to bring your stethoscope if you have one. I got one over the holidays and I love not having to borrow one when I need it...especially because it gives you more of an opportunity to learn how to use yours that you'll likely be bringing with you into practice. I got the Cardio III and it's awesome :)

So in short, go for it! You will use it even in your first year. Plus, the school does stethoscope sales at a bit of a discounted rate for students twice a year and many first years end up buying them that way if they weren't gifted one already.

No problem! I'm a comfort hound so I love that our dress code isn't too strict. Most likely you'll be in scrubs most of the time because its really convenient to not have to change for anatomy during lunch. I have super soft scrubs that feel like I'm wearing pj's so it was a win win for me :)
That is great - I love wearing my scrubs! Are there any requirements for scrubs, like color?

That is great - I love wearing my scrubs! Are there any requirements for scrubs, like color?
You can wear any color/pattern for anatomy lab, but if you are in the hospital for club activities (colic team, zoo med, etc.) they want you in any solid color scrubs that are not royal blue, because that's what the techs wear and they want to be able to tell the students apart from the techs easily.

So, there are still others that have not heard, right? I just want to make sure I don't make a premature phone call to admissions.

Hey guys so i was wait listed IS, anyone know if they will start letting know alternates of admission offers before April 15th? I know some schools won't even start offering positions to alternates until after april 15th. Issue is i was offered admission to Auburn and Univ. of Tennessee. I LOVED Auburn and I want to go there but UF is my IS and much more affordable. But if it means I have to say no to Auburn and then twiddle my thumbs and hope I'm picked for UF then I'm not even going to bother waiting. Ill just join the Auburn Class of 2020 in that case lol. So anyone know how the alternates work?

Should I wait until april 10th-ish then just make my decision or if they don't even let us know until after april 15th just tell them to take me off the wait list?

Hey guys so i was wait listed IS, anyone know if they will start letting know alternates of admission offers before April 15th? I know some schools won't even start offering positions to alternates until after april 15th. Issue is i was offered admission to Auburn and Univ. of Tennessee. I LOVED Auburn and I want to go there but UF is my IS and much more affordable. But if it means I have to say no to Auburn and then twiddle my thumbs and hope I'm picked for UF then I'm not even going to bother waiting. Ill just join the Auburn Class of 2020 in that case lol. So anyone know how the alternates work?

Should I wait until april 10th-ish then just make my decision or if they don't even let us know until after april 15th just tell them to take me off the wait list?

From reading the statistics, I think you'd be better off accepting admission somewhere. IS seats hardly move more than 2 or 3 seats, so it's not worth losing your spot at Auburn over a maybe!

From reading the statistics, I think you'd be better off accepting admission somewhere. IS seats hardly move more than 2 or 3 seats, so it's not worth losing your spot at Auburn over a maybe!

Besides, if florida does give you a spot you can rescind your Auburn offer and at worst lose a security deposit.

I really want to hear something either way.... It's tough hearing nothing yet!

Today is supposed to be the "at the latest" day... Getting annoyed not hearing

OOS waitlist! Still happy with that!

I just received an email saying I am on the alternate list for OOS students... but I received an acceptance email (2 times actually) a few days ago.... :eek: That has to be a mistake right? I am calling but no one has picked up.

I just received an email saying I am on the alternate list for OOS students... but I received an acceptance email (2 times actually) a few days ago.... :eek: That has to be a mistake right? I am calling but no one has picked up.
SAMEEEEE OMG

Phew they just emailed me back to tell me that it was a mistake. Nothing like a mild heart attack to keep today interestingo_O!