UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the same email and I declined the interview, so there was definitely a big hiccup in their system lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Phew they just emailed me back to tell me that it was a mistake. Nothing like a mild heart attack to keep today interestingo_O!

I got the same email today, but had not received any previous emails

Got that alternate email too about being a pleasure to speak with, which is interesting because I didn't interview with them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS wait list... But UF is my top so crossing my fingers!

So which email shows your correct admission status. Is it the one titled
UF CVM Application Update from: University of Florida <[email protected]> ?

They just told me it was a mistake so I'm sure yours was too! Thankfully they were super quick and nice about clearing up my confusion!
thank god but still gave me a heart attack!

Got the same email and I declined the interview, so there was definitely a big hiccup in their system lol

I'm definitely very confused, I got 3 emails in a row...

Last edited:
Congrats everyone accepted!!! We are all so excited to meet you guys! :clap:

If you haven't gotten an email yet, don't fret! They haven't all gone out, so just keep your eyes and ears peeled. If you were waitlisted, keep hope! There's a good amount of people who got off the waitlist in 2019 and things always move around.
Is there any way of seeing our ranking on the wait list? I have been wait listed and Florida is my top choice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Also how fast does the OOS alternate list move? I have checked past statistics for OOS applicants and it seems like a lot of people were invited into the class as opposed to denied even though the class size is only 24 for OOS

Last edited:
So which email shows your correct admission status. Is it the one titled
UF CVM Application Update from: University of Florida <[email protected]> ?
Yea that's how mine is. The first email I received was from that address and is what they said should be correct!

Is there any way of seeing our ranking on the wait list? I have been wait listed and Florida is my top choice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Also how fast does the OOS alternate list move? I have checked past statistics for OOS applicants and it seems like a lot of people were invited into the class as opposed to denied even though the class size is only 24 for OOS

No unfortunately not. OOS spots move a lot because people tend to go with their IS to save money. Also, most schools don't require a final answer until April 15th or something so things flip flop a lot up until that point. Definitely keep your eyes peeled because it happens every year and the list will move.

Does Florida use problem based learning at all?

I just thought of a random question for current students:
What do most of you do for lunch? is there a cafeteria of any kind or do most people pack lunches? I saw the einstein's when I visited but obviously I wouldn't want to pay for that every day!

I just thought of a random question for current students:
What do most of you do for lunch? is there a cafeteria of any kind or do most people pack lunches? I saw the einstein's when I visited but obviously I wouldn't want to pay for that every day!
The only actual food place on campus is Einstein's. However there is Jimmy Johns near by and a bunch of other food places that will do doorstop delivery to the school and sometimes my classmates will use that. But most of the time people will bring lunches from home, it saves a lot of money that way to. There is a kitchen with refrigerators/freezers and microwaves that students can use for lunch. I usually always bring my lunch, mainly for the cost savings alone, but its nice to bring leftovers instead of just a sandwich everyday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a general question for anyone who has started clinicals! Did you feel like you knew enough starting them so early?

Does anyone know if you can call to get your rank on UF's waitlist?

I have a general question for anyone who has started clinicals! Did you feel like you knew enough starting them so early?

I was very glad to start clinics when we did. It was a great break from the monotony of classes, and clinics are fun. :). The clinicians know you are early in your education and are understanding. Everybody (OK... 98%) is really great and just want to help you learn.

Reactions: 1 users
I put my acceptance notification in the mail yesterday and now I can't contain my excitement for this fall :soexcited:

I agree with Bracco, It was an amazing opportunity to get out of the classroom and do dome hands on learning. You then get to go back into the classroom and take electives based on what you did or did not find interesting. Its a huge relief to finish the saga that is second year and know that you won't be sitting in a classroom for 8 months again.

Hey guys so I'm an in-state applicant on the UF alternate list and I'm in a bit of a predicament. After speaking with admission staff yesterday, I was told that the total class for 2020 can take up until the week before the start of classes to be finalized. Additionally, I have not taken the animal science/nutrition courses UF requires, so I assume that I would have to take them this summer. Is there anyone else in this situation ? I understand there is a small chance that the in-state alternate list will move, however, there is still a chance. I've been accepted at UT, but UF is my first choice since its my in-state school. Any recommendations or insight would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those who got in!

Hey guys so I'm an in-state applicant on the UF alternate list and I'm in a bit of a predicament. After speaking with admission staff yesterday, I was told that the total class for 2020 can take up until the week before the start of classes to be finalized. Additionally, I have not taken the animal science/nutrition courses UF requires, so I assume that I would have to take them this summer. Is there anyone else in this situation ? I understand there is a small chance that the in-state alternate list will move, however, there is still a chance. I've been accepted at UT, but UF is my first choice since its my in-state school. Any recommendations or insight would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those who got in!
I am in the same situation and was told the same thing yesterday about the class being finalized middle of August. I was told last year two students were called the week before school starts IS. I however have not been accepted elsewhere but waitlisted at Illinois. If I were you I would accept your position at Tennessee, if you do get into Florida you can always deny the offer and loose your deposit. And if you have any hope getting into Florida yes I would take animal nutrition online this summer like I am. When I spoke with admissions she did tell me IS waitlist is very unlikely to move but with that being said the list is very small for that reason. So if I does move you don't have many people you are going up against. She did also say that the alternate list is "ranked" but is re-reviewed if they do need to let in another applicant.

Is there a deposit that needs to be made to Florida? I was looking through the email and didn't see anything about a deposit just the form that needs to be sent in.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if waitlisters will be informed when class of 2020 is full?

Hey! I am looking for a roommate for this fall! I do plan to bring my cat, who unfortunately will eat hair ties and phone cords if left unattended, but is otherwise a super funny and cuddly guy.
I am looking into a few cheap condos close to campus or possibly just renting in the Treehouse Village apts. I am most likely going to be at the open house on the 9th and will be looking at the apartments and condos in town so I will know around then what place I am most interested in. Message me if you're interested :)!

Hey guys, I was told on another thread that UF sent out an email in regards to waitlist movement, she is an OOS. I'm IS, just trying to see if they only set that email to OOS or if I just didn't get the email? Any IS get the email?

Hey guys, I was told on another thread that UF sent out an email in regards to waitlist movement, she is an OOS. I'm IS, just trying to see if they only set that email to OOS or if I just didn't get the email? Any IS get the email?
Im an IS waitlist and haven't received an email from UF, however I mistakenly listed my school email address on VMCAS and have not received any emails from UF throughout the whole application process. Due to this oversight I've been tasked with communication with admissions via phone, but I do plan on calling admissions later this week and I will be sure to ask and post the response

Im an IS waitlist and haven't received an email from UF, however I mistakenly listed my school email address on VMCAS and have not received any emails from UF throughout the whole application process. Due to this oversight I've been tasked with communication with admissions via phone, but I do plan on calling admissions later this week and I will be sure to ask and post the response
Thank you! Appreciate it :)

After speaking with admissions they said if a spot opens up for in state, they would call us for immediate confirmation and we should receive an email when the class is finalized. I don't think they would notify us by email about the the shift of the in state alternate list unless it was specifically you they were considering

After speaking with admissions they said if a spot opens up for in state, they would call us for immediate confirmation and we should receive an email when the class is finalized. I don't think they would notify us by email about the the shift of the in state alternate list unless it was specifically you they were considering
Did they say if the class was finalized yet or near finalized for IS?

It's not finalized as of now and she told me the same thing you heard, it could take until the week before class for it to be finalized

It's not finalized as of now and she told me the same thing you heard, it could take until the week before class for it to be finalized
Oh my! If it's not finalized by April 15th you think they would start the process gosh!

I just declined my instate seat. Hopefully someone from SDN gets a call saying they got it :) Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I just declined my instate seat. Hopefully someone from SDN gets a call saying they got it :) Good luck!
Thanks for the update! Congrats and goodluck to wherever you go!

Just got off of waitlist!!!!! IS accepted! I'm going to be a doctor!!! Hello future classmate!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any chance of still getting off the OOS wait list after April 15th has passed? I've heard stories of some people getting calls during the summer even. Is that true?

Is there any chance of still getting off the OOS wait list after April 15th has passed? I've heard stories of some people getting calls during the summer even. Is that true?
From what I have been told and heard OOS waitlist calls don't start till tm. So there is still a chance!

Ahh congrats to those who got in today! I can't wait to be classmates with everyone this fall :D!

Today's the day,the sun is shining, the tank is clean !

Ahh congrats to those who got in today! I can't wait to be classmates with everyone this fall :D!
So exciting! Goodluck to everyone today at OOS!

Any current students have housing opinions? Looking for 1 bed/1 bath. No pet limit. Moving with my boyfriend. Somewhat upgraded and safe area? Any input will help!

Has anyone on the oos waitlist received a call today. I'm starting to worry.

I can't wait to meet everyone! Where is everyone going to be living?

Hey guys! Just accepted from IS wait list!! UF CVM Class of 2o2o! I was called saturday, but needed time to weigh my options because was already committed to another school.

Last edited:
Wow 3 instate waitlisters got called off the list that's awesome!
Hey guys! Just accepted from IS wait list!! UF CVM Class of 2o2o! I was called saturday, but needed time to weigh my options because was already committed to another school.