UGA c/o 2019 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for doing the research for us!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.

Anyway, just freaking out and thought I'd let you guys know you're not alone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

I applied this cycle as well and the waiting is killing me. Its getting worse the closer we get! I had two of my references called the week of Christmas, but then again I applied by the "preferred date" of Sept 2nd, so maybe that's why mine was earlier.

Are you an in-state student or OOS? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I applied the same day as you! My references were called about two weeks ago. I'm instate as well and first time applicant. Nervous is an understatement for me!

Hey everyone! Our decisions should be coming in over the next few weeks. Ahhh, so close! I think that as we receive those long awaited emails we should post on here a few things to help those who apply next year. I suggest we post- whether you were accepted/denied. IS or OOS, GPA, GRE, and anything else you think helped your application (experience hours, a special program etc). It will help everyone have a better idea of what an accepted applicant looks like!

I was just told that a second one of my references was called last week! Idk if that's a good thing that two were called or not!!

Hey everyone! Our decisions should be coming in over the next few weeks. Ahhh, so close! I think that as we receive those long awaited emails we should post on here a few things to help those who apply next year. I suggest we post- whether you were accepted/denied. IS or OOS, GPA, GRE, and anything else you think helped your application (experience hours, a special program etc). It will help everyone have a better idea of what an accepted applicant looks like!
There is an accepted applicant thread for 2019 students on SDN where you post all this information with all the schools where you were accepted/denied. I would at least post there since it is centralized and also here if you would like. Just throwing it out there.

Reactions: 1 user
There is an accepted applicant thread for 2019 students on SDN where you post all this information with all the schools where you were accepted/denied. I would at least post there since it is centralized and also here if you would like. Just throwing it out there.
Oh cool! I didn't see that thread... I will now be stalking it endlessly! I still think it would be helpful to post here as well, because that is only for those who were accepted. It would be neat to see stats on everyone.

Tomorrow is Friday and they sent the email last year on Friday!! . It could be tomorrow!

One of my references got a call today. This wait is awful, I just want to know!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my references got a call today. This wait is awful, I just want to know!!!
Good luck! We're all tired of waiting, thankfully it's coming to an end pretty soon!

Does anyone know the statistics of how many people get references called and of how many are accepted of those?

I think they call the references of the top 200~ applicants or something.

I think they call the references of the top 200~ applicants or something.
That's a lot of phone calls to make lol. Does anyone know around how many applicants there was this year.

there were like 970 last year, so i'm sure that number just went up this year

Does anyone know if the rumor that they are going to accept 150 is true? I know there was talk about it since they built the new school.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the class of 2019 will not be 150 students. I think they are working up to that number within the next few years. But this class will be larger than the past years. I think by like 10 students or so, because only 2 seats or something will be added for OOS students... This is just what I recall from a meeting with the admissions counselor last summer.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the class of 2019 will not be 150 students. I think they are working up to that number within the next few years. But this class will be larger than the past years. I think by like 10 students or so, because only 2 seats or something will be added for OOS students... This is just what I recall from a meeting with the admissions counselor last summer.
You seem to have all the insider information jmstroup lol it's much appreciated

Maybe top 10% called next week and the rest emailed the following week? :O it's getting really close

The anxiety is unreal, but at this point I just want to know. I am so excited/nervous! We have all waited for this moment for years and years and we are SO close :)

The anxiety is unreal, but at this point I just want to know. I am so excited/nervous! We have all waited for this moment for years and years and we are SO close :)
It's hard to believe it's almost decision time. I am the only one from my university (Delaware State University) applying to vet school this year so it's nice to be able to come on here and share my anxiety with everyone

I betting on top 10% tomorrow and the rest of us next week.

This is so unfair, I'm getting SDN notifications and like 3 emails in the last 10 minutes. It's making me freak out!

And would love to hear back by next week!

May have to do with that "insider information"... I've said too much already ;)
Omg you shouldn't say things like this now I am going to be in a panic for the next week

I toured there a couple weeks ago and was told that calls and emails would go out mid February.

Still not sure my references have been called, do ya'll think that is an automatic deferral? :/

Do we know what it means if references have not been called? I would assume that 99% of accepted students had a reference called. Perhaps the only exceptions that they would make would be for those top 10% students with exceptional GRE, GPA, and experiences?

last year, top 10% got calls like 3 weeks before regular decision emails went out

Omg you shouldn't say things like this now I am going to be in a panic for the next week
Hehe :whistle:

Hearing the rumors I've heard from going to school here has caused severe anxiety, nightmares, loss of appetite.. on top of 3 very difficult exams in 2 weeks. I think getting in is the hardest part of vet school, haha...

didnt they already call the top 10% back in january?

I believe that was just for a few exceptional OOS students. I've been confused about the same question, too.

The way I understood it, it was just a few OOS people that got called, not top 10% of everyone.

... Hopefully that's accurate! We still have a chance! :)