UGA c/o 2019 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have a facebook group started for our class? I cant wait!

Members don't see this ad.

What invite are you guys talking about for March? I only recevied the acceptance email from Georgia so I'm kinda confused. Is it an IS only event?

Last edited:
What invite are you guys talking about for March? I only recevied the acceptance email from Georgia so IM kinda confused. Is it an IS only event?
It was an invite for the accepted student day.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1423048776.641716.jpg

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Contract seat, first time applicant!

GPA: 3.87
GRE: 312 writing: 4.5
References from 3 doctors/vets, 1 boss
3,600 hours experience with small, and food animal vet
~200 hours non-vet

Accepted Contract seat, first time applicant!

GPA: 3.87
GRE: 312 writing: 4.5
References from 3 doctors/vets, 1 boss
3,600 hours experience with small, and food animal vet
~200 hours non-vet
Delaware or South Carolina I'm trying to find the other Delaware contract person lol

Does anyone know how the financial "aid" process at Georgia works in terms of loans and things like that. I know we file a fafsa but what happens afterwards. I filed my fafsa and it says I am eligible for 20,500 in Stafford loans which will cover tuition but unfortunately not the cost of living.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh cool, thank you for letting me know Klimner. Still, I wonder why I didn't receive that invitation... hmmm

Are there any accepted OOS male applicants on here? I'm curious about the stats :)

I'm an OOS accepted male applicant from Delaware :)

Yay I found another Delaware person :) I think I may have met you already I shared a bus ride to the Purdue interview with a person from Delaware, maybe that was you?

Last edited:
Can current students speak on the weather Athens has throughout the year?

Klimner are you the girl who wanted to be the poultry vet? If it is you then yeah I think we met.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering about OOS, not contract seats.

Can current students speak on the weather Athens has throughout the year?
Athens gets very hot and humid between April-October, and it rains a lot, and it can get down to single digits with windchill during the middle of winter. If it snows, they pretty much shut down the city haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats cool. And yeah i wasn't offered a contract seat I would have to pay OOS tuition so I'm an OOS student :) sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Accepted (second time applicant, IS)! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Overall GPA: 3.56
GRE combined: 315, 4.5 on writing
Vet experiences: 1,637 hours Exotics/Wildlife , 100 hours of large animal, 100 hours from a small animal clinic during hs , and 2 research projects
Animal experiences: about 400 hrs from a Georgia Aquarium internship, ~14o hours working in a private aviary with 25 parrots, and ~70 volunteering at BH Zoo

Went to Athens for the day yesterday- had a ton of fun. Talked with Parker Moore and Esther Mitchell, they were both SO nice and remembered me from past communications. I am so excited to get started in August. Anyone going to the accepted student day in March?

Went to Athens for the day yesterday- had a ton of fun. Talked with Parker Moore and Esther Mitchell, they were both SO nice and remembered me from past communications. I am so excited to get started in August. Anyone going to the accepted student day in March?
I am planning on being at the accepted student day, I just have to convince one of my professors to let me make up a test that I would miss that day! I also received a phone call this morning from Parker Moore asking how I was doing and if I had any questions. I wasn't expecting that and he was super thoughtful which makes me like UGA even more

Yes, I will be there too :)

I am planning on being at the accepted student day, I just have to convince one of my professors to let me make up a test that I would miss that day! I also received a phone call this morning from Parker Moore asking how I was doing and if I had any questions. I wasn't expecting that and he was super thoughtful which makes me like UGA even more
They are seriously the nicest.... we are lucky! It is going to be a GREAT 4 years.

Is there anybody who is needs a roommate? :happy: I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to live and I've been looking at the housing list from the website. I've found a couple places that I like, but I need some roommates. Here is one that I'm pretty interested in:

Recently renovated condo in quiet complex near UGA Golf Course and less than 3 miles from the new Veterinary Hospital. 3BR/2.5BA with community pool, tennis court and nature trails leading to the Oconee River. Three spacious bedrooms with large closets. Potential for 4th roommate in additional room on lower level. On bus line with plenty of parking. Enjoy the private deck overlooking wooded area. Available partially furnished including washer/dryer. Current tenants moving out after May graduation so unit can be available as early as June 1. Pets negotiable. $975/month.

But I would need 2 or 3 other people. That $975 is for the entire apartment, so it would be split between 3 or 4 people.

Also, I am planning on going to the new student day in March too! :) I can't wait to meet everybody.

Any current students that were initially on the alternate/waiting list? I'm just curious how soon after the universal April 15 deadline you found out they had a spot open for you?

Has any one else sent in there deposits but not have the money taken out of your account yet? I sent mine in Feb 11, and have a receipt from them marked Feb 13, but the money has not been taken out of my account.

So excited! I got called off the OOS waitlist today!!!! Back to Georgia for me!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I will be a first time applicant IS for UGA class of 2020, I have heard about different regions of GA being more/less competitive than others and was wondering if anyone here, since you've all been through it, could give further info about this like which regions are the most and least competitive...how it's done and maybe what the reasoning behind it is? Or any other tips for the general admission process or weird/different experiences you think might have helped with your acceptances that they look for would be awesome!

Has anyone heard when we are supposed to get a list of books and supplies that we need? I am really excited and really want to go school shopping, haha! :soexcited:

Have we determined that this is just for IS students? The driver's license that is... I would assume this is just for residency verification purposes as well.
This would be my guess. I am a IS contract seat. We have to submit drivers license in order for them to verify our residency.