***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you receive a call to see if you had any questions?

• Total voters
I haven't gotten a call, but now I'm going to be attached to my phone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not that I know of, but the two that said they got calls I believe are OOS.

I'm a second time applicant and they didn't do this last year (as far as I remember, and going off of what they posted in here at least), I'm not sure why they would follow up now considering its like.... way to late to fix anything you had questions about? Seems super strange. But they don't interview at all, so I wouldn't worry about not asking anything important. The staff is super nice so maybe they're just calling around to the OOS people (since you're a smaller batch) to be friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a second time applicant and they didn't do this last year (as far as I remember, and going off of what they posted in here at least), I'm not sure why they would follow up now considering its like.... way to late to fix anything you had questions about? Seems super strange. But they don't interview at all, so I wouldn't worry about not asking anything important. The staff is super nice so maybe they're just calling around to the OOS people (since you're a smaller batch) to be friendly.
I'm an in state and got the same call today.

I got a call but no voicemail was left. What was the number?

They've never done this in the past that I've heard. I'm an IS 4th time applicant

OR, since VMCAS changed, and you are all first time applicants, they're trying to gauge how the new application did? Idk...now I'm nervous

I just got a call from UGA with a voicemail, I'm at work and can't call back yet

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

OR, since VMCAS changed, and you are all first time applicants, they're trying to gauge how the new application did? Idk...now I'm nervous
I'm second year applicant and just got the call today, maybe they're doing it in spurts.

Well my last name starts with an S. Maybe they haven't made it that far yet?

No call yet for me, first time OOS. I'm confused what their motivation behind this is.. Are they wanting to gauge our questions on the application process or are they really looking for us to ask questions about their program?

Last edited:
My last name starts with F, it's possible they're going in alphabetical

Well if they call me, I'll ask why they're calling people? but in a less sketchy way. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
No call today. Will cross fingers for Monday

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone with a last name that starts with the letter "C" been called yet? I'm a first time OOS applicant, and I haven't received a call yet. Then again, I am also currently out of the country for 10 months so if they called and didn't leave a voicemail I may have no idea if they called or not.

I just got the same call yesterday and I'm an IS applicant with a W last name. The woman was very polite and asked the same questions y'all have said she asked. I asked her when she thought they might release any admissions decisions and she said the first couple of weeks in February.

Reactions: 2 users
No call for me either. I really would not worry about it. They do not interview. We will just have to wait for February.

Also, do not forget to submit Fall 2015 transcripts to UGA by mid January (I forget the exact date).

In my four years of applying, they've never done that though.

Has anybody's references been called?

Since I had no idea if I had been called or not (out of the country for 10 months), and since I had some questions, I took advantage of the opportunity to send an email to get my questions answered. I also asked when should we expect to hear back from them on decisions, and they told me that they are "hoping to let all applicants know by late January or early February."

My references haven't said anything to me yet, and one of them absolutely will tell me the day it happens!

My references haven't said anything to me yet, and one of them absolutely will tell me the day it happens!
Esther told me yesterday that they started calling in November and will continue to make calls, so there's still time!

Has anybody heard from their references?

i have not, and i feel like some would tell me and some might not think to..

Just joining! 1st time applicant IS. A little concerned because I never got the residency confirmation email. I went to UGA undergrad so maybe they can confirm that way? Not liking my chances so far :/

I haven't heard from any of my references either... I know three of the five would have told me if they had been called...

@Mei24 you haven't gotten your residency verification yet either? I'm from Delaware so I'm applying for that seat and I have been harassing the Delaware contact and the admissions office. Esther said that the deadline isn't really all that binding. You could always send an email to Parker Moore who is charge of the residency stuff.

@Mei24 you haven't gotten your residency verification yet either? I'm from Delaware so I'm applying for that seat and I have been harassing the Delaware contact and the admissions office. Esther said that the deadline isn't really all that binding. You could always send an email to Parker Moore who is charge of the residency stuff.
Woohoo a Delaware person, I'm rooting for all the Delaware people!

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the 6 hour English requirement where they have to be composition classes? I'm currently registered for a writing intensive composition class for next semester to fulfill the second semester of English, but am wondering if I can switch to a literature based class (so I can double dip and fulfill a humanities for my degree )

@thinkpawsitive just email or call Esther! She's really helpful and really nice. I believe Georgia is pretty strict on what will count for English, but you can't be sure unless you contact them!

I am worried. I am in state applying for the 5th time. Each year there is a new reason that I have not been accepted. I did not receive a call to see if I had any questions or concerns. To my knowledge, this is the first year they have made personal calls to students. They do not do interviews. My references were called in December/January of last year but I still wasn't accepted. I received my denial email on February 21st last year mid-day.

I'm right there with ya. I'm a 4th time applicant, IS. I didn't receive a call and my references were called last year as well to no avail

Has anybody heard anything recently? I haven't and am getting paranoid.

Reactions: 2 users
Nope, but you won't hear anything from UGA until they give you a decision (last year some were sent out Jan 30th, up until later Feb). Your references may get called soon though (sometimes they'll just call one).

Nope, but you won't hear anything from UGA until they give you a decision (last year some were sent out Jan 30th, up until later Feb). Your references may get called soon though (sometimes they'll just call one).
Do they call everyone's references or just the ones that are considered for acceptance?

I'd imagine it's only the ones they're considering accepting, I'm not sure though. I applied last year and didn't get in, as far as I know my references were not called.

Do they call everyone's references or just the ones that are considered for acceptance?
I believe they call the references of just the ones they are considering for acceptance. It is the last step I believe. Last year, I knew several people (including myself) that got calls to their references (I had two called myself) but weren't not accepted.

I believe they call the references of just the ones they are considering for acceptance. It is the last step I believe. Last year, I knew several people (including myself) that got calls to their references (I had two called myself) but weren't not accepted.
Thanks just curious and being hopeful

Yeah 2/3 of mine were called last year and I was waitlisted (slot #5). But yeah, I think its the last part of the puzzle so they aren't wasting time calling people they aren't going to consider.

so just to confirm, no one on here has had a reference be called yet this year?

so just to confirm, no one on here has had a reference be called yet this year?
Not mine, nor the other 2 people I work with that are applying. All 3 of mine were called last year.

None of mine, and I know at least three of them would tell me.

Nope, not yet. Hopefully that means they haven't really jumped into that part of the process yet (which makes sense with all the holidays and stuff), or at least I'm going to keep repeating that to myself over and over again so I can sleep!
:)

I haven't gotten any call (that I know of) and I don't think any of my references have been contacted.
This worries me. :(

I got a call, but I'm pretty sure that none of my references have been contacted either. It is a little concerning :(. Maybe they aren't calling this year or they are just running behind!

At least one of my references was called, but I'm applying for a contract seat. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Nothing happening over here...still patiently waiting for some news...lol