***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you receive a call to see if you had any questions?

• Total voters
I emailed him this morning asking if they received mine and he responded saying they had!

Members don't see this ad.

Do any current students know how much the OOS wait list typically moves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would any current UGA vet students comment about what their favorite and least favorite things about the vet school is?! I've pretty much decided that UGA is where I want to be but I wanted to get some feedback from the students that currently attend UGA

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone looking for a roommate for this year??

I'm currently living in a 2 bd 1 ba house with fenced in yard and tons of parking space. The house is a 10 minute walk to the vet school and 1/2 block to the bus stop that takes you to the teaching hospital. It's a great location and it is pet friendly. I am moving out this summer. Let me know if you are interested! My lease is up Aug 1st, but may move out sooner.

Hey guys, just curious i anyone knows if UGA is more inclined to accept students into their vet school that did their undergrad there? I go to school in Florida now, but i could transfer here and have in-state tuition if i wanted to.

I would contact UGA undergrad admissions and ask about that. They probably have stats on that. I mean, UGA vet has to take a certain number of in-state applicants, so just by virtue of you going to school in Georgia and getting residency, your chances go up. But in terms of the vet school selecting from the undergrad pool....:shrug:

I'll have to snoop around on the internet some more ahah. Thanks!

(I'm actually in Athens with my parents right now haha. Wondered around the campus for a while. It really is beautiful and Athens is a wonderful city. Hello from Jittery Joes!)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, just curious i anyone knows if UGA is more inclined to accept students into their vet school that did their undergrad there? I go to school in Florida now, but i could transfer here and have in-state tuition if i wanted to.
I think this is a big misconception that a lot of people have during undergrad (I know I did when I was first looking at schools), but no, you're not more likely to be accepted to a vet school if you did your undergrad at that same school. There are more in state seats at UGA than out of state, so if you were to become a Georgia resident, there would be more seats available to you. However, there are people from lots of different schools who were accepted, so being at UGA doesn't necessarily give you a leg up. I would focus more on making the most of your time in undergrad, no matter what school you go to. That's what will make you stand out. Hope that helps!

well we made it to April, waitlist peeps! only 15 more days until we can find out what spot we are on the list

I just got called off the OOS alternate list! I'm driving down to visit before I make my final decision (I put a deposit down on another school) but there's a strong chance I'll be accepting at Georgia!

Reactions: 2 users
Any current students willing to let me PM them some questions about curriculum and student life?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students willing to let me PM them some questions about curriculum and student life?
You can PM me if you like. I don't do any extracurricular stuff really, so IDK how much help I can be in regards to student life. But I'll try to answer what I can! :)

If any alternates are wanting to know their number on the waitlist, esther or parker will be happy to tell you. I'm number 4 :nailbiting:

I just got called off the waitlist - I was spot number 4 for OOS. I have already accepted a spot at another school and have found housing so I will more than likely be turning this down, but UGA was originally my dream school so it may take me a day to finalize that decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I just sent my decision to Parker and I have declined my OOS seat so hopefully #5 on the waitlist gets a call tonight or tomorrow!

I wish the same would happen for IS :(
I do to!
I've been offered an OOS position but am on the IS alternate list. My fingers, and toes, are crossed for getting in as IS.-Financials are a strong factor for me. Does anyone know if Georgia offers the option to defer for a year (for financial reasons) as an OOS student in hopes to get IS the next? I haven't heard any mention of deferring with Georgia - so I'm unsure if this is even an option.

I do to!
I've been offered an OOS position but am on the IS alternate list. My fingers, and toes, are crossed for getting in as IS.-Financials are a strong factor for me. Does anyone know if Georgia offers the option to defer for a year (for financial reasons) as an OOS student in hopes to get IS the next? I haven't heard any mention of deferring with Georgia - so I'm unsure if this is even an option.

what number are you on the IS alternate list? You can defer but I'm not sure if you are allowed to if called of the waitlist.

Oh! I had no idea that was a thing that could happen....that is very interesting.

It means they offered them an OOS spot, meaning even though they are technically from in state they would have to pay OOS tuition to attend
Yes, correct! I'm a SC resident offered an OOS position and am also on the alternate listing for one of the IS position offered to South Carolina students. Does anyone have any information regarding if UGA even allows deferring due to financial reasons?

I'm still confused. I just don't understand how you can be accepted and waitlisted at the same time? It doesn't seem fair to the rest of us? Why would they offer you an IS spot if they already made you an offer? (Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand)

And just email Esther or Parker with all your questions about deferring

I'm still confused. I just don't understand how you can be accepted and waitlisted at the same time? It doesn't seem fair to the rest of us? Why would they offer you an IS spot if they already made you an offer? (Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand)

And just email Esther or Parker with all your questions about deferring
It's just something that some schools do. @Fish pixie is fairly familiar with the process. You're waitlisted on the IS waitlist, but being waitlisted still means you're a desirable applicant. So since there's no IS room, the next best thing is to offer an OOS seat.

It's weird how different states work. LSU told us that we couldn't be offered an OOS seat because it's against the law here. Hmm

Well I guess SC is technically OOS so maybe that's why they can do it? Even though they contract with them, maybe, idk.

I am also waitlisted and accepted. Not sure if this has been cleared up yet, but this is how I understand it: the Delaware and SC contract seats technically count as both IS and OOS. They don't count toward the Georgia IS seats, they count toward the contract seats. SC has like 17 and Delaware has 1. I was waitlisted for the Delaware seat, but accepted OOS. Should someone else decline the Delaware seat, I'm still in the running. We don't take from your Georgia IS seats, don't worry :happy:

Hope this helps!

Hey guys! I was accepted to uga from SC with an OOS tuition price tag because a seat for the contract hadn't opened up yet. However I got a call a couple of days ago that a seat opened up so now I'm officially an SC contract student (SO CONTRACT SEATS TOTALLY MOVE) so now I'll pay instate prices because my state sets aside part of their budget to pay the out of state fee that's tacked on to the regular tuition that Georgia students pay.

Hey all! I was recently admitted to Uga and I was wondering if there was a student Facebook page anyone knew about to look for roommates. Thanks!

I think this is a big misconception that a lot of people have during undergrad (I know I did when I was first looking at schools), but no, you're not more likely to be accepted to a vet school if you did your undergrad at that same school. There are more in state seats at UGA than out of state, so if you were to become a Georgia resident, there would be more seats available to you. However, there are people from lots of different schools who were accepted, so being at UGA doesn't necessarily give you a leg up. I would focus more on making the most of your time in undergrad, no matter what school you go to. That's what will make you stand out. Hope that helps!

oops, just saw this... Thanks! I actually did apply as a transfer because I sort of fell in love with UGA (the city, the campus, the majors...) but I've had some problems with the way my school organized my transcript, so may or may not be there in the fall....

Hey for anyone on the OOS wait list I just received an offer, but turned it down since Ive already accepted a spot at my top school. I hope the offer is passed on to one of you!

Hey all! I was recently admitted to Uga and I was wondering if there was a student Facebook page anyone knew about to look for roommates. Thanks!

Congrats! I will be beginning at UGA CVM this fall as well! Not sure if you ever found the page but the Facebook page is UGA CVM Class of 2020 where people are looking for roommates.