UGA class of 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My refs were called last year and I was waitlisted if that tells you anything. They haven't been called (yet) this year. Ugh... you guys are making me paranoid :\
That is probably a good thing yours haven't been called if you were waitlisted last year. The admissions department told me last year that some candidates get accepted with no reference checks at all if they are repeat applicants (especially previously waitlisted).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That is probably a good thing yours haven't been called if you were waitlisted last year. The admissions department told me last year that some candidates get accepted with no reference checks at all if they are repeat applicants (especially previously waitlisted).

That makes me feel much better :). I wondered if that might be the case, but it's much nicer for someone else to actually say it.

I just got a call from Dr. Carmichael. I'm gonna be a vet!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, like 20 minutes ago! Thank you!!!!! :)

Thanks, LilCowgirl!!! She said other admits will be notified in 2 weeks or so. In the past threads I've seen, it looks like they do most or all early admits in one day so I'm sure they are still doing phone calls. A friend of mine told me he got a call just now as well.

I also received a call Thursday, only one of my references were called. I work in a clinic with two vet students....they both received a call and were accepted, my male coworker was initially accepted and my female coworker was wait listed but she got in this year a day before classes started, so it's possible to get in off the wait list.

Sorry for grammar, I'm on an iPhone and don't wanna fix it.

I also received a call Thursday, only one of my references were called. I work in a clinic with two vet students....they both received a call and were accepted, my male coworker was initially accepted and my female coworker was wait listed but she got in this year a day before classes started, so it's possible to get in off the wait list.

Sorry for grammar, I'm on an iPhone and don't wanna fix it.
Are you in state?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope all the snow/closings this week doesn't slow down the process!! Can't take it much longer! All the other schools have decided!

Only 1/5 of the schools I applied to has made all of their decisions. UGA and one more are the only ones I know that have STARTED making acceptance calls. So, I guess it could be worse. Hopefully the weather won't set them too far back :).

Just got the call! This might be the best day of my life!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything since they started making phone calls?

Has anyone heard anything since they started making phone calls?
Haven't heard anything yet...rumor has it we may know a week from today but that was before the snow storm hit. I just emailed the vet school to see if I can get official confirmation/denial about if they are emailing or mailing acceptances/rejections. I'll let you know what they say. WE ARE SO CLOSE YET SO FAR. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't heard anything yet...rumor has it we may know a week from today but that was before the snow storm hit. I just emailed the vet school to see if I can get official confirmation/denial about if they are emailing or mailing acceptances/rejections. I'll let you know what they say. WE ARE SO CLOSE YET SO FAR. ;)
OK! pheww. Thank you for emailing them and yes please let us know what they say I am dying to hear back from them!! haha and I KNOW. I am hoping the wait will be over soon and the result will be a good one for everyone! :xf:

I have been so bummed by all this waiting... I know you guys share my pain and you're right, we are almost there!

I have been so bummed by all this waiting... I know you guys share my pain and you're right, we are almost there!
I feel your pain. No one understands why I'm sad and grumpy

It wouldn't be so bad, but it just feels like with each day my chances for getting accepted are lessening. Not necessarily true, but I feel that way nonetheless.

I got a phone call this week (ultra surprised, they accept so few OOS). She said they're only calling their top 10% and will send out letters to everyone (sounded like snail mail) in a couple weeks at the end of Feb. So no need to be concerned! They haven't told 90% of people that they're accepted!

:nailbiting: That knowledge makes focusing on all the midterms this week so much easier. :dead: Not too much longer, though!

:nailbiting: That knowledge makes focusing on all the midterms this week so much easier. :dead: Not too much longer, though!
I can't focus at all!! I have an exam Tuesday. I haven't started studying yet :-/

Joanna at the vet school emailed me back!!! Definitely email and THEY ARE TELLING US THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys know if UGA has contacted your references? I asked all of mine and they haven't heard anything...making me lose hope! :(

Joanna at the vet school emailed me back!!! Definitely email and THEY ARE TELLING US THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!! Now if I can just focus on doing well on my exam tomorrow... Haha thanks for letting us know LilCowgirl!

Do you guys know if UGA has contacted your references? I asked all of mine and they haven't heard anything...making me lose hope! :(

I was accepted at UGA a few weeks ago and was told by the veterinarian I'm working with that they didn't call him at all...and he's the only vet I had listed as a reference. So, whether your references have been called or not may not be a good indicator of acceptance status! Don't lose hope yet :)

Last edited:
I was accepted to UGA a few weeks ago and was told by the veterinarian I'm working with that they didn't call him at all...and he's the only vet I had listed as a reference. So, whether your references have been called or not may not be a good indicator of acceptance status! Don't lose hope yet :)
LIKE THIS TIME A MILLION. makes me feel much better

I was accepted at UGA a few weeks ago and was told by the veterinarian I'm working with that they didn't call him at all...and he's the only vet I had listed as a reference. So, whether your references have been called or not may not be a good indicator of acceptance status! Don't lose hope yet :)
Well if you're in south Carolina, were you accepted on contract?

Well if you're in south Carolina, were you accepted on contract?

Dr. Carmichael didn't say whether it was contract or not, but I talked to a current student who told me that UGA doesn't accept SC residents OOS. Going off of that, I'm assuming I have a contract seat.

Dr. Carmichael didn't say whether it was contract or not, but I talked to a current student who told me that UGA doesn't accept SC residents OOS. Going off of that, I'm assuming I have a contract seat.
Yea if there's a contract, I don't think they accept oos students

clemsonvet! I went to Clemson to!! I graduated last May! That's so awesome that you got in congrats! :)

Edit: one of my references just told me last night that UGA called and left a voicemail for him yesterday about me. So there is still hope!!

Edit: one of my references just told me last night that UGA called and left a voicemail for him yesterday about me. So there is still hope!!
That's a really good sign, both my coworkers received calls the past two years and both were accepted, not saying it's final, but it's good. I also recieved one about 2 weeks ago.

clemsonvet! I went to Clemson to!! I graduated last May! That's so awesome that you got in congrats! :)

Small world!! I'm graduating this May. Thank you, though! I'm so excited - definitely a pleasant surprise when I got the call!

Small world!! I'm graduating this May. Thank you, though! I'm so excited - definitely a pleasant surprise when I got the call!
It definitely is! UGA is a fantastic school and not to far from Clemson to go back for some football games! LOL ;) and Congrats on Graduation! Go tigers!!

I'm slowly losing my mind. UGA is the last school I need to hear from and it's my IS. My house is sold, and I know I'm moving, but to Michigan or Athens? Aaahhhh life is on hold right now. I'm going crazy.

I'm slowly losing my mind. UGA is the last school I need to hear from and it's my IS. My house is sold, and I know I'm moving, but to Michigan or Athens? Aaahhhh life is on hold right now. I'm going crazy.
I am going crazy to!

I am supposed to be working but can't concentrate! I check my email and sdn every chance I can get!

I'm guessing Friday...total guess but just feel like Friday will be the day

I'm guessing Friday...total guess but just feel like Friday will be the day
I think you are right. Joanna's email said "decisions should be emailed at the end of the week" She sent me that Monday. I would said tomorrow at the earliest but probably Friday. I had to take a Benadryl to sleep last night I was so anxious!!! Ahhhh.