UGA class of 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing Friday...total guess but just feel like Friday will be the day
I hope so. I'm so distracted these days, I need to start focusing on other things! :p

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are right. Joanna's email said "decisions should be emailed at the end of the week" She sent me that Monday. I would said tomorrow at the earliest but probably Friday. I had to take a Benadryl to sleep last night I was so anxious!!! Ahhhh.
Haha I resort to tramadol. It helps me sleep helps my teeth from hurting (I'm doing Invisalign) lol. :). Only 2 more days

Reactions: 1 user
Is this the last vet school to notify? I mean I know other schools are doing interviews but at least people applying know if they have gotten an interview or not...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the last vet school to notify? I mean I know other schools are doing interviews but at least people applying know if they have gotten an interview or not...
UPenn applicants still waiting to hear about interviews.....

I know they were in an admission committee meeting for most of today, so I would imagine that we should be hearing fairly soon. :) Hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
NCSTATE instaters and I think OOS students are still waiting as well. Seriously hoping the waiting ends by friday!!

We are def going to need a Facebook page for when everyone gets in!

Maybe we will hear tomorrow?!?!

I would bet tomorrow at 5, so they don't have to deal with the multitude of emails from people.
That is my theory too! Let emotional people simmer down over the weekend! haha I HOPE WE FIND OUT TOMORROW!

Reactions: 1 users
That is my theory too! Let emotional people simmer down over the weekend! haha I HOPE WE FIND OUT TOMORROW!
My friend in vet school just contacted me....she said she saw Parker(admissions guy) walking to the office with a bunch of letters today.

My friend in vet school just contacted me....she said she saw Parker(admissions guy) walking to the office with a bunch of letters today.
That is so exciting!! :) I can't wait to just finally find out haha

Members don't see this ad :)
But we are getting emailed right? I'm sure they will wait until tomorrow. Like others have said, that way they can put a weekend between letting people know and people getting upset with them. I work tomorrow until 6 so haven't quite decided if I want to wait until I get home to check my email or go ahead and check it every 10 minutes like I have for the past month!!!

But we are getting emailed right? I'm sure they will wait until tomorrow. Like others have said, that way they can put a weekend between letting people know and people getting upset with them. I work tomorrow until 6 so haven't quite decided if I want to wait until I get home to check my email or go ahead and check it every 10 minutes like I have for the past month!!!
I'll be checking every chance I get while at work tomorrow. I hope we are getting emails!!

I'll be checking every chance I get while at work tomorrow. I hope we are getting emails!!
I just don't want to start crying at work if I don't get accepted. It might make things a little awkward!

I just don't want to start crying at work if I don't get accepted. It might make things a little awkward!
Haha excellent point. Maybe I should rethink checking my emails all day!!

i got put on the alternate list!! but i'm sure there must be a lot and i'm not sure where I rank, what are the chances I would actually be accepted?

Alternate second time in a row! Haha it's ok I have committed to Missouri anyway :) and they will tell your rank in early April if you call them!!! Good luck everyone and Congrats @1vetboy !

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I'm out. I was looking forward to the possibility of saving 100k, but oh well. Michigan here I come.

Well, I'm out. I was looking forward to the possibility of saving 100k, but oh well. Michigan here I come.
My roommate from College is at Michigan State right now and she loves it!! It's a great school, Congrats!!

I called them and they said after april 15 the date that everybody has to send in their decision whether its accepting an acceptance offer or accepting an alternate position, then they will rank alternates and start sending out alternate acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!! I am in shock!!! If you don't get in PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!!!! I am living proof! Fourth time applicant. You can do it!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
i got put on the alternate list!! but i'm sure there must be a lot and i'm not sure where I rank, what are the chances I would actually be accepted?
My coworker was number 2 and found out 1 day before classes started

wait list is better than flat out rejection!

ACCEPTED!!! I am in shock!!! If you don't get in PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!!!! I am living proof! Fourth time applicant. You can do it!!!!!
I got a rejection letter
This was my third time applying and I was really hoping this was the time for me. Can you tell me your stats lilcowgirl?

Dr. Carmichael didn't say whether it was contract or not, but I talked to a current student who told me that UGA doesn't accept SC residents OOS. Going off of that, I'm assuming I have a contract seat.
They actually do accept SC students as OOS too, but they should tell you!

Accepted, BTW.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was accepted OOS as an SC student. Kind of a bummer, but still happy to be accepted. Probably will decline, though.

I got accepted as an OOS student from Delaware, and I did not get the contract seat.

I got a rejection letter
This was my third time applying and I was really hoping this was the time for me. Can you tell me your stats lilcowgirl?
I almost gave up after attempt three but retook a few classes and met with the vet school several times to see what else I could improve and made some changes on my app. It worked!! My overall GPA is a 3.6 and last 45 hour is a 3.8 but I don't know about my science GPA. My GRE was pretty good. They said aim for above 300. It also depends on what region you live in. I live north of ATL in the most competitive region so Parker said that's one of the reasons I haven't gotten in sooner. Most applicants come from my area. I have more than 8,000 hours experience in large and small animal (full time vet tech) TRY AGAIN!!!!! I'm so glad I did!!

Does anyone know what a typical day in the life of a UGA vet student look like? That would be super helpful. Thanks!

Does anyone know what a typical day in the life of a UGA vet student look like? That would be super helpful. Thanks!
I asked my friend about it at the begining of the fall and this is what he said to me....
"i know day 1 for 2nd years started out 8-5

i haven't looked at second semester schedule yet

i think most days 2nd semester are either 8-4 or 8-5, but they don't do that first semester b/c M/W/F there are two anatomy lab shifts, so your afternoon is inherently broken up

T/Th we have histo lab (TODAY WAS OUR LAST ONE!!!) and for the first half of the semester we had cell bio most days, so those days ranged from 8/9 - 4

and then next week we start bacteriology lab so we'll be leaving at 4 or 5 those days

it just really depends"

Also, you can call the CVM and arrange for you to be able to shadow a vet student around through their day if you want to get a feel for how the school is. I didn't do that, but I did get to go sit in on a first year anatomy lab and it was really cool!

I just faxed in the form to decline the admission offer.
Hope someone gets the spot.
Good luck. :]

I just faxed in the form to decline the admission offer.
Hope someone gets the spot.
Good luck. :]
Would you mind sharing your stats or even just experiences?

You seem to be such a successful applicant!! congrats!

Dr. Carmichael didn't say whether it was contract or not, but I talked to a current student who told me that UGA doesn't accept SC residents OOS. Going off of that, I'm assuming I have a contract seat.
I am an SC student accepted as OOS!

Me too.. I wonder what the odds are of a contract student declining their offer so that people like us could be reconsidered.

Since posting earlier, I've heard of a lot of SC students accepted OOS! But none accepted on contract. Hmm, strange...