UGA pharmacy c/o 2016--fall 2012 admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
y

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got it! This feels great! Second year applying.

Bachelors in chemistry
Masters in chemistry
Internship at Pfizer
3.0 gpa
90 composite Pcat

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not exactly sure but it got sent out today i believe. A friend of mine got it earlier today.

The email was sent out around 2:20PM today. So if you didn't get it today then you most likely will get a letter. For those of you who did well on the PCAT, how did you prepare for it or what did you do differently that made you score high?

I took the Kaplan course which helped me a lot. All it really did for me was discipline me. It forced me to take time out and study. It also gave me a lot of practice which is the most important thing. You gotta be able to practice and perform well under timed conditions. Timing was the hardest part for me. Also, I didn't try this, but I heard from people that something called PCAT Destroyer is really good practice (expensive but worth it) so you might wanna look into that.

To those of you who didn't get in and will be around the Athens area in the summer/fall: If you are lacking experience Mercy clinic is always looking for volunteers in the pharmacy. Many people who work at UGACOP also volunteer there so it is a great way to network/ask questions/beg for references. I actually worked under one of the people who interviewed me last year and ended up getting a LOR from him. It is also full of current students who are good sources of information. I was in your position last year so I know how you feel, it will get better trust me!!!

do the rejection letters get sent out at the same time as the acceptance letters? or will they be sent out later?

Wait list for me....congrats to those who got in, hopefully a spot will open for me,

no email or letter yet...very confused. anyone else in the same position? im only an hour away from athens.

Members don't see this ad :)
It can take up to 3 business days for the letters to be delivered, and they were mailed on Thursday afternoon so don't worry! You'll probably get it either today or on monday =)

Yea I didn't get an email or letter either =/ and i LIVE in athens so im confused also, but i'll wait till Tuesday and then call the office.

Couple ppl I know got pulled off of the waiting list.

Nuan, when did they get pulled off? I know the deadline for those admitted regularly was yesterday. thanks

My son got pulled off the waitlist today. Now time for some tough decision's.

Does anyone know how many people are actually on the wait list?

40? Did you get that info from Dr. Wolfgang? Last year they had 90 people on the waiting list. At least that's what the email said...

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's between 40-50 people on the list, 90 seems excessesive

Hey guys! just to confirm! UGA calculates your GPA using ONLY the grades you recieved on your pre reqs? Right? my overall is like a 2.6 but my Pre req is a 3.2...I just wanted to have someone confirm this! :)

I read this on their website FAQ:

"Are courses other than those in the pre-pharmacy core given consideration?
Only courses in the pre-pharmacy core are utilized in the decision to invite applicants for
interviews.
Additional coursework can be considered in the interview process. Courses in
chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, foreign language, business, computer science, and
many other areas can provide knowledge and skills applicable to pharmacy practice. "

Also CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO GOT IN! I willl e applying this coming cycle.:thumbup:

Hey guys! just to confirm! UGA calculates your GPA using ONLY the grades you recieved on your pre reqs? Right? my overall is like a 2.6 but my Pre req is a 3.2...I just wanted to have someone confirm this! :)

I read this on their website FAQ:

"Are courses other than those in the pre-pharmacy core given consideration?
Only courses in the pre-pharmacy core are utilized in the decision to invite applicants for
interviews.
Additional coursework can be considered in the interview process. Courses in
chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, foreign language, business, computer science, and
many other areas can provide knowledge and skills applicable to pharmacy practice. "

Also CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO GOT IN! I willl e applying this coming cycle.:thumbup:

bump