UGGHH.. DAT Bootcamp GenChem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JCLewis90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHH.... I keep making 18's on DAT Bootcamp's GenChem tests. On tests 1-4, I've made 18, 18, 23, 18. The third test seemed a lot easier to me than the others. Is this a bad sign?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are completely fine lol...after you are completely done studying...take the 2009 DAT at least a week before your test date to see if you are ready. I thought the 2009 DAT was a joke after studying all of this stuff. I got similar scores on Bootcamp 19 averagish...got a 30 on the 2009 Gen chem lmao.

I think you are completely fine lol...after you are completely done studying...take the 2009 DAT at least a week before your test date to see if you are ready. I thought the 2009 DAT was a joke after studying all of this stuff. I got similar scores on Bootcamp 19 averagish...got a 30 on the 2009 Gen chem lmao.

Oh wow. Awesome! Was the 2009 DAT a lot more straight-forward than the Bootcamp stuff?

Oh wow. Awesome! Was the 2009 DAT a lot more straight-forward than the Bootcamp stuff?

Of course. Bootcamp is a bit harder from what I've heard...and that's completely fine with me. Makes you think more, so if you were to get these types of questions you would breeze through them to maximize points. Better be overprepared than underprepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey supergenius, did you buy qvault for bio? is it helpful and would you recommend it? (better than bootcamp)

hey supergenius, did you buy qvault for bio? is it helpful and would you recommend it? (better than bootcamp)

Yes I did and I HIGHLY recommend it. Both Bootcamp (full package) and qVault (Bio only) are good. Take the free test 1s for the other subjects for qvault, since I don't think they are worth it for the other subjects. Qvault is pretty tough ...makes you think A LOT...but it definitely shows your weaknesses.

Yeah I just took the bio qvault free test and got an 18 :( . how much tougher is it than bootcamp? I already have bootcamp right now.

I think they are quite similar...don't worry about practice tests scores...just keep studying and it will get easier. Besides I've heard the actual DAT is way more straight forward than any practice tests...also I suggest you use Feralli's notes....it's like everything you need for the DAT bio.

what other materials did you use supergenius? You look set and thats the main reasoning I am asking haha. Right now, I am using feralis, math destroyer, bootcamp, cdp, my old chads notes (my old subscription expired, so should I watch it again?) and I also have the 2009 DAT practice test. Just wondering if you can give me some tips!

what other materials did you use supergenius? You look set and thats the main reasoning I am asking haha. Right now, I am using feralis, math destroyer, bootcamp, cdp, my old chads notes (my old subscription expired, so should I watch it again?) and I also have the 2009 DAT practice test. Just wondering if you can give me some tips!

Well I haven't taken the DAT yet haha...I'm just active on this forum to help others who don't know where to start or are in need of some motivation. I'm going into test day in 5 days knowing I did the best I could...and whatever happens, happens. I'm only entering my Junior year so I have time to retake (knock on wood hopefully not necessary) If I have to. Your materials are fine...basically what I have. Chad's notes should be fine too...watching videos again would be a huge waste of time unless you are completely lost.

Haha nice. Yeah I dont think I need to buy chads again cause I am averaging around 18-20 on practice tests. My test is in about 3 weeks (it used to be the same day as you, but I felt like I had a lot of weaknesses still) Did you buy any other practice tests like Topscore or Achiever?

Haha nice. Yeah I dont think I need to buy chads again cause I am averaging around 18-20 on practice tests. My test is in about 3 weeks (it used to be the same day as you, but I felt like I had a lot of weaknesses still) Did you buy any other practice tests like Topscore or Achiever?

Nope, I think they are a waste of time. I have seen the questions they have...def not representative according to most people. I rather study than do practice questions that won't help me that much.

This is not a cause for a panic. However, take note of the questions that you lost points on and do questions on the same topic/s from other sources. You can get more questions from DAT Qvault, Destroyer and ACS gen chem tests.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk