Ugh I made a mistake on my secondaries :( Will this ruin my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was piecing together pieces of two essays into one and missed this when I was proofreading. (Activities changed for anonymity but the structural mistake is the same)

Instead of saying "Through working at X and volunteering at an anorexia support group, blah blah blah" it says "Through working at X and volunteering anorexia support group volunteer, blah blah blah."

It's possible that someone reading through it quickly might miss it, but what if they notice?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody will notice. Relax!

Reactions: 1 user
Really minor typo, even if noticed it's no big deal.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was piecing together pieces of two essays into one and missed this when I was proofreading. (Activities changed for anonymity but the structural mistake is the same)

Instead of saying "Through working at X and volunteering at an anorexia support group, blah blah blah" it says "Through working at X and volunteering anorexia support group volunteer, blah blah blah."

It's possible that someone reading through it quickly might miss it, but what if they notice?

...Yikes.

Well...

Good luck next cycle I guess.

"Blah blah blah and that is how I would contribute to the diversity of ABC School of Medicine."

Written for secondary of XYZ School of Medicine. Result? Accepted.

Chill out dawg.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a grammar Nazi -- I notice and I care. So take my position as a 'worst case scenario' --

I would absolutely notice. But the origin of this mistake is obvious -- editing to change sentence structure, not ignorance. So a minor ding for missing it. By 'minor ding', if I would have given your essay a A- for content had your grammar been perfect, this might drop it to a B+.

So this won't kill your application --

Reactions: 3 users
I think its time to throw down the white flag cause of that one huge mistake on your complete profile...

Dude I had spelling and grammatical errors so bad my interviewers brought my application in and was like "what do you mean when you said this...?"

-___-
Verbal of 6 haha