Dismiss Notice
Visit Test Prep Week: Test Prep Week 2016 is happening NOW! Come to the Exhibition Forums for raffles and information about test prep services and vendors.

Ugh midterms next week

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by Psycho Doctor, 10.22.05.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Psycho Doctor

Psycho Doctor *** Angel 5+ Year Member

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
    I'm calling them midterms since it's the first major exam in one class, the second in another and we have midsemester evaluations too. How do you study for them? I know I'm not prepared. :scared: Not to sound like i'm overreacting but i am realy worried.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Iwy Em Hotep

Iwy Em Hotep The Welcomer 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Does your school provide you with old exams to study from?

4. Rendar5

Rendar5 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You read ur syllabus, and read ur books. and don't stop until u understand all the material and know all the terms u encounter in the course, lol.

5. Rendar5

Rendar5 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    oh yeah, and surf the net to take a look at sample tests from other med schools in ur subject. You'll prolly encounter stuff u didn't learn before, but it'll also give u a different idea of stuff that can be stressed. Just don't study other tests as if that's how ur test is gonna be.

6. DrYo12

DrYo12 Y-bomb 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    it depends if your school tests in a manner similar to the shelf exams. If so, the study aids at any Barnes & Noble or other major chain bookstore will work. If you get the USMLE study guides, those work pretty well too. I like the BRS in Gross Anatomy and Lippencotts for Biochem.

:luck:

About the ads