UHCO Interview Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xsod6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

For those of you that experienced UHCO's interview process, would you mind giving some feedback on your experience, especially the types of questions they asked, and what questions you asked the interviewers? I know there are a few old posts about this, but just wanted to get an updated idea of what you all experienced. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The link below has lovely pie charts, bar graphs, and some questions that students were asked and the general impression they got.

It is a SDN link but I personally have not interviewed yet so I do not know if these are accurate or not.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uhco/survey/30

hope that helps!

Cheers.

Hello,

For those of you that experienced UHCO's interview process, would you mind giving some feedback on your experience, especially the types of questions they asked, and what questions you asked the interviewers? I know there are a few old posts about this, but just wanted to get an updated idea of what you all experienced. Thanks in advance.
Hi there! I had my UHCO interview in March of this year, so I hope this helps. I'm actually copying and pasting this from a conversation I had with someone, just fyi!

My interview group was only 4 people (probably because it was later in the cycle). We start the day with information about the school and getting to know your interview group (introductions; about 40 minutes). Then the financial aid advisor spoke for about 15 minutes. We had a quick 10 minute break to use the restroom and what not. The longest part of the day was the tour: I felt like it took about an hour? UHCO has a new building and it's super nice! Afterward, we went back to where we had our introductions and had lunch with some 3rd years and professors. After lunch, we split for interviews.

Interview: You get one student and one professor. My professor and student were VERY relaxed; the prof in particular didn't read off the questions from the list the school gave him. I was asked things like "What kind of shows do you watch?" and "What do you do for fun?" Of course there was some "Why optometry" questions, but it was very relaxing. I got the prof that asks random questions..my random question was "why are man hole covers round?" It threw me off lol.

At the end, you go in an office one by one and get asked about your opinions on the school. At the very end, you get an acceptance letter! But I think they only do this if everyone in your interview group is accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! I had my UHCO interview in March of this year, so I hope this helps. I'm actually copying and pasting this from a conversation I had with someone, just fyi!

My interview group was only 4 people (probably because it was later in the cycle). We start the day with information about the school and getting to know your interview group (introductions; about 40 minutes). Then the financial aid advisor spoke for about 15 minutes. We had a quick 10 minute break to use the restroom and what not. The longest part of the day was the tour: I felt like it took about an hour? UHCO has a new building and it's super nice! Afterward, we went back to where we had our introductions and had lunch with some 3rd years and professors. After lunch, we split for interviews.

Interview: You get one student and one professor. My professor and student were VERY relaxed; the prof in particular didn't read off the questions from the list the school gave him. I was asked things like "What kind of shows do you watch?" and "What do you do for fun?" Of course there was some "Why optometry" questions, but it was very relaxing. I got the prof that asks random questions..my random question was "why are man hole covers round?" It threw me off lol.

At the end, you go in an office one by one and get asked about your opinions on the school. At the very end, you get an acceptance letter! But I think they only do this if everyone in your interview group is accepted.

Thank you!! This was very helpful! I hear that manhole question is very popular..lol