UHCO vs NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightning293

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So recently, I have been accepted to UHCO and NOVA for optometry school (Class of 2020 woot) :D

Anyways, I'm having trouble deciding between the two schools. I'm from Florida so my parents would want me to go to NOVA (and it's also the reason I did not apply to any schools with snow lol). However, I got a scholarship at UHCO so it would end up being around the same price regardless of which school I go to. I love NOVA because it's very modern and the faculty/students were great! But Houston really impressed me too. Are there any current students/alumnis from these two schools that could give me some more insight (what they like/don't like about the program) to help me make my decision? I'm looking for a school that does more clinical experience/patient interaction/externship opportunities.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry unrelated but I was wondering if you may share your GPA and OAT TS and AA? Thank you so much lightning293!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

So recently, I have been accepted to UHCO and NOVA for optometry school (Class of 2020 woot) :D

Anyways, I'm having trouble deciding between the two schools. I'm from Florida so my parents would want me to go to NOVA (and it's also the reason I did not apply to any schools with snow lol). However, I got a scholarship at UHCO so it would end up being around the same price regardless of which school I go to. I love NOVA because it's very modern and the faculty/students were great! But Houston really impressed me too. Are there any current students/alumnis from these two schools that could give me some more insight (what they like/don't like about the program) to help me make my decision? I'm looking for a school that does more clinical experience/patient interaction/externship opportunities.

Thanks!
I'm actually hoping to get into nova... Do you mind telling me your Gpa and oat score so I know where I stand? I got a 270 for the oat and a 3.8 Gpa. . Still not verified with Optomcas.

Do you mind sharing your interview experience at UHCO? Like stress level, questions, and did they give you your acceptance at the end of the interview?
I have my interview on Nov 6th!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey yeah! I got a 3.7 GPA and 360 overall OAT score. The interview was super chill, not stressful at all, and they did give me my acceptance at the end of the interview! I saw a few others too that got acceptances too