UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When they say early applications preferred, around what time is considered early for UIC? and is it that the chances for late applicants really decreases?

Members don't see this ad.

When they say early applications preferred, around what time is considered early for UIC? and is it that the chances for late applicants really decreases?

Early = as soon as it opens to applications (which happened mid April).
They start their selection for IVs as soon as they start receiving applications, if you leave it for the last 3-4 weeks, unless you have a really good package, you might not make it to the IV...

Caapid submitted 20 april
uic supplemental materials reached on 25th april
Email from uic saying Receipt of caapid application 3 may
Email of application complete 10 may

hey samanz what does your UIC online application status say? Does it say complete too? mine is still incomplete - items outstanding?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW - "really good package" is quite relative and changes every year, so all I could say is based on the background/stats of previous years, and it might not even apply for this year's cycle since it's the first time with the new NBDE pass/fail.

Good luck!

Got my caapid confirmation email on May 11th. Also Sent my supplemental apps on May 12 and still waiting for Application complete mail.They only added my Toefl score and payment fee on my Account. Do I have to contact them?

Early = as soon as it opens to applications (which happened mid April).
They start their selection for IVs as soon as they start receiving applications, if you leave it for the last 3-4 weeks, unless you have a really good package, you might not make it to the IV...
one more question, Is the university going to notify after getting both caapid and supplemental application or do they notify on receiving each one seperately?

one more question, Is the university going to notify after getting both caapid and supplemental application or do they notify on receiving each one seperately?

Notification comes after they have your complete application CAAPID+supplemental.

Got my caapid confirmation email on May 11th. Also Sent my supplemental apps on May 12 and still waiting for Application complete mail.They only added my Toefl score and payment fee on my Account. Do I have to contact them?

if you try to call them they do not respond...try and email them if you want , but even i haven't received my application complete email ..i sent it on may 4th..its almost end of may now... i guess it takes time ...
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dentist86
Can u please tell me how to forward toefl scores to UIC as I haven't mentioned before taking test, so now how to do it?
Also, please guide me that while filling Evaluators matching form,
-- what s title position-- is it Principal ? for Dean and Prof & Head for clinical instructor?
--State/Province- fill in No state? or what?

hey dentist86
Can u please tell me how to forward toefl scores to UIC as I haven't mentioned before taking test, so now how to do it?
Also, please guide me that while filling Evaluators matching form,
-- what s title position-- is it Principal ? for Dean and Prof & Head for clinical instructor?
--State/Province- fill in No state? or what?
Just go to the ETS website and sign in to your account, order scores by using the code for UIC which is .001851. or order the reports to yourself then mail it to the UIC (that is what I did)
About the evaluators form the title position is as you mentioned, with NO STATE if it is not from the US.. Good luck fellow

They sent me an email and told me that my application is complete.I was told that I must wait for interview call

congratulations Drmajesty !

Can you tell me which date did you send your supporting documents? just to get an idea how far they have reached...
thanks ..good luck to you.

congratulations Drmajesty !

Can you tell me which date did you send your supporting documents? just to get an idea how far they have reached...
thanks ..good luck to you.

I sent my supplemental apps on may 17 th. I also sent my CAAPID on april 21th

I sent my supplemental apps on may 17 th. I also sent my CAAPID on april 21th

thanks dr majesty...god knows whats happening..i sent everything on 3rd may..havent heard anything from them yet..:confused:
anyway..good luck to you!

thanks dr majesty...god knows whats happening..i sent everything on 3rd may..havent heard anything from them yet..:confused:
anyway..good luck to you!

Don't worry my friend.if you got your CAAPID confirmation mail,U would receive final email soon

hi... In my UIC online application under the requirements category...they have updated degrees awarded and marksheets foreign as unofficial... what does that mean...should i be concerned ????.....thanx

hi... In my UIC online application under the requirements category...they have updated degrees awarded and marksheets foreign as unofficial... what does that mean...should i be concerned ????.....thanx

no ..its correct ..unofficial means notarized and that's what they want .. obviously you cant submit your original degree and marksheets...so dont worry ...

Thanks dentist 86, I tried..
In that to choose graduate school- biological sci - dentistry 38 ?

i have to ask few things about caapid--
my college is not listed but when i type name of college & country and save, it doesn't, it says 3 things--
In college code- it says it cannot be blank
In name of college- it should be blank as college code is selected ( but i haven't selected as its not tmentioned ) ? Why it is saying so?
In name of country- says same as for college, but why?

my college is not listed but when i type name of college & country and save, it doesn't, it says 3 things--
In name of college- it should be blank as college code is selected ( but i haven't selected as its not tmentioned ) ? Why it is saying so?
I think you have to call CAAPID and ask them, so you can be certain about what you have to do.:thumbup:

First in college code section u have to mention( not listed)..
then you should type the name of your college..
Hope this helps..

I too got my application complete email today :)

Thanks dental s and dentist 86 for your help. Good luck.

no ..its correct ..unofficial means notarized and that's what they want .. obviously you cant submit your original degree and marksheets...so dont worry ...

thanx

Hi guys !
Sailing in same boat as you ! Got my application complete email from UIC !
But what I am confused about is - whenever I check the status of my application it says ''application incomplete''- ''items outstanding'' !!! I have no idea what's going on !!! If anybody can please tell/guide about this !!

Last edited:
Hi guys !
Sailing in same boat as you ! Got my application complete email from UIC !
But what I am confused about is - whenever I check the status of my application it says ''application incomplete''- ''items outstanding'' !!! I have no idea what's going on !!! If anybody can please tell/guide about this !!

yes ..the online application status shows something else for me too- it says 'sent to college for review'

but as far as i know its ok since you got an email from them saying that its complete ..maybe they take time to update the online status.
i think we are good ...others pls correct me if im missing something here.

thanks

My UIC application page says, didn't receive any supplemental application documents yet in all the boxes although i had sent then a few weeks back. Why does it say that? do they take so long or is there a way where I could contact them?

is it matter if we use USPS or UPS to sent documents to UIC Or its same?

My UIC application page says, didn't receive any supplemental application documents yet in all the boxes although i had sent then a few weeks back. Why does it say that? do they take so long or is there a way where I could contact them?

when did u send it? i sent mine on 4 th may ..and it got updated now. It does take time. you could contact them by email if you wish.

I had sent it on 7th may.. Don't see any update yet.. I guess I'll see for a week.. thanks nbpoise

can i send my nbde part 1 score directly to school.. I dont have any copy with me. its too late to order from ADA to me first.. how can i send directly to school?? what should i do ?? Dental Education trancripts are 4 years marksheets from university or the trancript i got from college, which one i have to send?? Please help me i am already late for the application ..

Last edited:
can i send my nbde part 1 score directly to school.. I dont have any copy with me. its too late to order from ADA to me first.. how can i send directly to school?? what should i do ?? Dental Education trancripts are 4 years marksheets from university or the trancript i got from college, which one i have to send?? Please help me i am already late for the application ..

ADA website - while requesting a copy of your scores you can specify the address you want them sent to.

What is the difference between your maksheets and the transcripts you have? Just in case I would send both anyway...

Did any one get an interview call?

I don't think so.... Historically they start inviting for interviews on the last couple days before the deadline (July 1st).

Thank you Hope4....
Marksheets are detailed mark sheeet issued by university, saying marks and pass
Transcript is sealed .. i guess they have written subject name and number of hours....
I will send both... i thought they just need the Marksheets..
Thank you for your help ..:):)

Hi guys,

I have a question pls.

Do you know if i can send my supplemental materials before sending CAAPID application?
thanks